Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Clocks

Paul-S

Has anyone upgraded from the Mk2 to Mk2.5 clocks?, what exactly did it entail. Then if it they can be fitted, would things like eco mode etc work?

Cheers

Paul-S

Unfortunately its changing the clocks from a MK2.5 and putting them in a MK2 will not work. The clocks are controlled by the CAN system, and link in with the immobiliser and computer system. This is supposed to stop people changing clocks and clocking cars mileage. So if you change the clocks, you will have one car that cannot be started (will have to be plugged into Ford computer to get up and running, but chances are they will not do this due to the implications with the mileage differences and what not…

It can be done but it is required to use Ford IDS to programme new clocks, change mileage etc. Not possible to do it at home / on your own. I read Polish Focus forum and quite a lot of people did it (not to mention Russian forum :)). PM mayak - he posted on this forum and he changed the clocks in his mk2.

I thought about it too but it is hard to get facelift clocks from car with AT.

ford wouldnt entertain it due to the mileage issue they said they would enable it and ide have to get a digital mileage correction company to sort the mileage after i factored in all the costs it just wasnt worth it for a set of clocks

clocks second hand were £80-100

digital mileage correction £120

ford enabling £100 estimated

300 for a clock not for me

Mileage correction is not a problem in this case for Ford dealers in many other countries and is included in the price of clocks programming. Prices are also lower than in UK. Here the costs are killing this kind of modification.

when i bust my clocks, ford were happy to install the new clocks but couldnt due to me stupidily buying petrol variant instead of diesel. so i had to buy new from them as i couldnt find any diesel versions.

in total it cost me around £700-£800 for a new speedo, fitted and programmed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club