Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/c Drain

artscot79

hi guys just need some info i know the aircon has a drain in the drivers side footwell but are there any others?

come on guys all these geniuses on here no idea lol i havent either

Im soz mate im not sure too :-(

Surely someone knows

Jamie

Reading my Haynes, the reference is to the Evaporator Drain Tube and states there is only one. (Chapter 3 Section 12 Paragraph 34)

If you mean a drain for the gas, I thought you could only use the high or low pressure pipes in the engine bay. The only drain I know of is for the condensation and although it drains to under the engine, I dont know where it is connected.

just needed to be sure there was only one its in the drivers side footwell behind the kickplate on the left hand side pull the insulation back a little and youll find it the drain hole is in the exhaust tunnel just above the subframe just cleaning it out to make sure its all free from crap thanks stoney that saved me routing around under the dash anymore searching for others most cars ive had had a drain each side thats the only reason i asked guys cheers :)

You're welcome.

Reading my manual was an eye opener for me.

Apparently if the full aircon unit needs replacing it's a full dash strip and front doors off too. Scary and expensive.

well when you replace th epollen filter thats where the heater matrix is directly in front of it and many aircon pipes are directly behind the dash scary as you say makes you wonder why they cant make these things more accessiblke for even there own mechanics

Has anyone noticed a puddle of water dripping in front of the drivers side front wheel. At first I thought it was a leaking washer bottle but it now looks like condensation from the aircon pipe just above the wheel.

the drains under the middle of the car nowhere near the front wheel mate

scrap that it will be condensation from the evaporator behind the front bumper drivers side

• 8 years later...

Water keeps hitting my foot while I’m driving and I looked and I see water. This is my first car so I know nothing about anything. My air stopped working but sometimes it will work so I take it this has something to do with my AC? I have a 2011 Ford Focus 

11 hours ago, Katelynn said:

Water keeps hitting my foot while I’m driving and I looked and I see water. This is my first car so I know nothing about anything. My air stopped working but sometimes it will work so I take it this has something to do with my AC? I have a 2011 Ford Focus 

Sounds like a 'heater matrix' leak, but someone cleverer than me will be along shortly! Welcome to the forum...

on an older car might be leaf litter blocking the drains "outside" where all the water from the windscreen runs away out of sight... and or the pollen filter is clogged up and full of leaf litter stopping water draining away correctly

I thought heater matrix leaks on the passenger side ? if brave taste the drips if its pink and sweet could be the antifreeze (from the heater)

then you get fun with sunroofs have internal drains that should reach the floor outside, but get blocked and can cause rain inside (where its possible, it runs down the trim and get you under the dash)

the mk2 is notorious for leaking in heavy rain through the windscreen washer jets that makes everything worse and often causes an engine misfire,

Open the bonnet and check the coolant bottle is at the normal level..... (and do the engine oil for good measure) if a 1.6vvti with the engine off, pull one plug cap off and using a torch see if the spark plugs are swimming in a bath of water - usually are and shouldn't be !!

Get the wipers off, then take the black plastic bit off across the whole base of the windscreen and clear the crap 1 foot down the sides, fit a new pollen filter inside, its beneath the glove box by the heater and whilst doing that investigate for engine coolant leaks inside (via that heater matrix - aka interior radiator that provide the heating inside)

the AC gas can be topped up and will likely work again, which would be nice....  these do create condensation that should land outside, but again can block up and cause some fun inside

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club