Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scottish Help

singer61

hi guys im here in lanarkshire uddingston and wondered if there was any reccomendations for a guy or garage to have a look at my courtesy light stayin on all the time unless i put it to off and doesnt work when im entering car

thanks singer61

try popping the dome light out first and make sure all the wires are seated correctly it could be the centre position switch on the light the switch should be in the middle position and not to the far right far left should be off also Next to the headlamp switch there should be a thumb wheel to make the dash lamps brighter and dimmer ,,, if you move the thumb wheel all the way UP this will also turn on the map lamps... see if this switch is turned all the way up and causing the map lamps to stay on if the thumb wheel is not all the way up and the doors are shut ,,, there there must be a problem with the map lamp switches themselves ,, and this is common ,, but if you want to disconect the lamps until you can get to a dealer to have it replaced under warranty ,,, then this is how you do it

2009-10-27_140545_pooop.gif

thanks arthur m8 there is a prob withthe warranty as it hasnt been stamped and ford not willin to honour it so im tryin to fix that problem the now just my !Removed! luck

Could be caused by a dodgy door switch