Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shopping For A Focus!!

M1308

Well I currently drive a 2002 1.4ltr VW Golf... I'm now looking at buying a 2.0ltr TDCi Focus Zetec... But also looking at a 1.6ltr Petrol Focus Zetec S... Now I am looking at something that's a lot quicker than the Golf, but I need a bit of advice, and who better to ask than the ones that drive the cars...? I was also thinking about getting it remapped, which of course would do bugger all to a Naturally Aspirated 1.6 Petrol, and quite a bit to a 2.0 TDCi... Really need advice??

If you want a Focus that will respond best to a remap then a TDCI is the way to go.

As you say, remapping a Petrol is reasonably pointless.

One thing to bear in mind with Focus TDCI is the 1.6 / 2.0 have the DPF fitted and can cause problems unless cared for properly.

I did my research and listened to some very good advice before buying my 1.8 TDCI, so glad i avoided the DPF.

Mine has been mapped with a Superchips Bluefin unit and has stepped up from a standard 115bhp to an average of 148bhp which is very noticable even without other modifications to exhaust or air intake other than a K&N filter to allow the engine to breathe better.

If you want a Focus that will respond best to a remap then a TDCI is the way to go.

As you say, remapping a Petrol is reasonably pointless.

One thing to bear in mind with Focus TDCI is the 1.6 / 2.0 have the DPF fitted and can cause problems unless cared for properly.

I did my research and listened to some very good advice before buying my 1.8 TDCI, so glad i avoided the DPF.

Mine has been mapped with a Superchips Bluefin unit and has stepped up from a standard 115bhp to an average of 148bhp which is very noticable even without other modifications to exhaust or air intake other than a K&N filter to allow the engine to breathe better.

So did you let the insurance company know?? And what is Bluefin??

It is recommended that any modifications are divulged to your insurance provider or you could find that your insurance may become invalid. Try googling 'Bluefin'.

It is recommended that any modifications are divulged to your insurance provider or you could find that your insurance may become invalid. Try googling 'Bluefin'.

I know that, but I was asking Stoney871 if he informed the insurance company

Never doubt Stoney's honesty. :P

i agree the 1.8tdci would be a better choice though the 1.6ti vct is a good engine as stock my supposed 115 had 123bhp when dynod the intake and filter make it 124.4bhp the diesel gives more bang for the buck though and more power for less cash

Well you could always mountune the 1.6 in the zetec s as its virtually the same engine as whats in the fiesta zetec s

I know that, but I was asking Stoney871 if he informed the insurance company

Definitely, if you had a crash and your insurance company was really on the ball, they would be likely to check the ECU for data modifications.

Never doubt Stoney's honesty. :P

Thanks Oppo ;)

Definitely, if you had a crash and your insurance company was really on the ball, they would be likely to check the ECU for data modifications.

Thanks Oppo ;)

My Pleasure, we like to keep all on the striate and narrow and within the law. :ph34r:

If your looking for something go for the tdci as having a remap would give off so much power gain and massively improve lower end torque whereas the 1.6 petrol won't do Bugger all the diesel is also better on fuel more equip and smoother to drive hope this helps

I always keep within the law. because 9/10 if its broke or worn its not just illegal its also unsafe :D

Jamie :ph34r:

I always keep within the law. because 9/10 if its broke or worn its not just illegal its also unsafe :D

Jamie :ph34r:

Good man! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club