Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Problem

Azz123

Hi guys,

I've got a Ford Focus studio 2007 model and today i've had a problem...

I tried fitting a new stereo using adapters from the original ford stereo plug... I fitted my new stereo and it shorted out...

Now neither the new stereo or the original ford stereo will work at all...

I need a fuse map to check the fuses and to see what i can do..

Also a note on this one is that when i originally had my ford stereo in the would work fine but other stereos had stopped working... i found this a bit odd?

Also i have a problem where my dash takes about 10-15 seconds to load up... It has a red arrow pointing upwards and nothing will turn on for about 10-15 seconds until the dash has started...

It sounds like the fuse has blown does your 12v socket not work either?

Yeah thats what i think but i need the fuse map to figure out which one it is! Also my lighter socket aint working either so yeahi know its the fuse haha :)

Hi arren

Iam just wondering what actually made it short out.

If it blows again i would suspect the replacement head unit is faulty

Jamie

Hi Jamie

it was my fault it shorted out i rewired the head unit from the new stereo because the block connecters were faulty and i completely forgot to put insulating tape around them... so when switching on bang and it shorted out

Cheers

Arren

if you look in your owners manual, it lists all the fuses and their purpose in both the glovebox and engine fusebox.

I've looked in the manual it says there's a cover over the fuse box under dash but it ain't there so I'm a bit stuffed "/

If the 2007 model is the same as mine (2008 facelift) then check to see if your Fuse board is underneath the glove-box. If so, the fuse board is held up by 2 plastic screws, undo these and the fuse board drops down so you can access all fuses. The fuse for the cigarette 12v will be a yellow (20-amp). Map of fuse locations is detailed in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club