Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Lovely White(Ish) Alloys

Marcr1

I always knew getting white wheels was a brave move and with all this lovely weather over the past week my wheels appear to have taken the brunt of it :( does anyone have any brake dust or wheel wax or anything that helps to keep your wheels looking clean?

This is what 6 days driving did to them:wheelsjx.jpg

wow! they really do show the dirt :(

break dust remover :- Auto Glym 'clean wheels'

and I use: - Auto Glym 'Wheel Seal' to seal the wheels

Have not tried them on my white alloys yet but will give them a go tomorrow if its dry and let you know if it works.

Okay cheers mate, they're really easy wheels to clean, they're coated and the dirt comes off easily with a sponge but just annoying how dirty they get :P

autoglym custom wheel cleaner's what i use, you get 2 brushes in the box to get into wheel nuts and small bits. sealed with autoglym wheel sealer. not washed mine since tuesday and they are still cleanish lol

Custom wheel cleaner is a much better bet than clean wheels. The latter is acidic and the former is not.

In my opinion Bilberry wheel cleaner is the best. I use FK1000P for sealing, it's high temperature properties are ideal for wheels.

autofinesse mints rims is a great high temp wheel wax and there imperial wheel cleaner is hard to beat

Apparently Ceramishield is very good to use on alloys, apparently brake dust just hoses off !!

Custom wheel cleaner is a much better bet than clean wheels. The latter is acidic and the former is not.

In my opinion is the best. I use for sealing, it's high temperature properties are ideal for wheels.

Hey Dan,

Do you have a link for the Bilberry wheel cleaner and FK1000P ?

thanks and ill take your advice on the custom wheel cleaner :)

Welcome back r3ign, good to see you about again.

www.elitecarcare.co.uk stock the Bilberry (use FORDOC to get a 5% discount)

www.seriousperformance.co.uk stock the Finish Kare products.

Oh, and as for ceramishield - it's AMAZING, but it's also £45 a bottle.

I might look at getting the auto glym

Welcome back r3ign, good to see you about again.

www.elitecarcare.co.uk stock the Bilberry (use FORDOC to get a 5% discount)

www.seriousperformance.co.uk stock the Finish Kare products.

Thanks Dan - I've returned but this time with a S1600 :)

and its good to be back.

Thank You for the links

Creamshield - is it worth £45 a bottle ? and roughly how long does it last you ?

autoglym custom wheel cleaner isn't what im looking for, I dont have any problem getting the dirt off and if I did I have wonder wheels which works superbly. Does anyone know of a wax coat for the wheels that stops dirt sticking?

FK1000P

Wonder Wheels should be used as an absolute last resort - if you're using it regularly you will be ruining your wheels. Acidic wheel cleaners are just not necessary unless your talking caked on dirt. Bilberry is non-acidic, and if the wheels are sealed with FK1000P you won't even need that.

R3ign - it can apparently last two years - it hasn't been around long enough to say for sure though.

I'm afraid I have to ask you to remove the 'increase your income' link from your sig please. At best it's against the spirit of the forum, and worst it's commercial advertising...

FK1000P

Wonder Wheels should be used as an absolute last resort - if you're using it regularly you will be ruining your wheels. Acidic wheel cleaners are just not necessary unless your talking caked on dirt. Bilberry is non-acidic, and if the wheels are sealed with FK1000P you won't even need that.

I haven't used wonder wheels on this car as I have no need to, I know its only for the really stubborn ground in dirt, usually a scrub with a sponge gets the dirt off. I was just reading about the FK1000p and loads of people are raving about it

R3ign - it can apparently last two years - it hasn't been around long enough to say for sure though.

I'm afraid I have to ask you to remove the 'increase your income' link from your sig please. At best it's against the spirit of the forum, and worst it's commercial advertising...

Nice so I'm guessing its worth it :)

Dan - I'm sorry I didnt want to have that impression and I've now removed it. Sorry again :(

No need for an apology - I knew that was the case, which is why I asked you to remove it yourself rather than just doing it myself.

No need for an apology - I knew that was the case, which is why I asked you to remove it yourself rather than just doing it myself.

thanks,

going to look for these cleaning products now :)

on a side note (slightly off topic) what do you use for your windscreen ? i.e. to repel rain

I've used rainX but it really does not last that long and I've tried autoglym windscreen polish but leave a greasy residue

I have never bothered with glass sealant - I just keep them clean with Megs concentrate glass cleaner.

I have never bothered with glass sealant - I just keep them clean with Megs concentrate glass cleaner.

Ditto ^

Otherwise you get buildup and windscreens are the hardest things to keep streak free

I clay bar my windscreen every few months, and clean it with AutoGylm Fast Glass inbetween. Never bothered with expensive sealants.

would autoglym custom wheel cleaner be ok to use on painted white wheels ?

would autoglym custom wheel cleaner be ok to use on painted white wheels ?

Yeah assuming they have a layer of lacquer on them so they are sealed off.