Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Appreciate Some Advice Please.

david295

I doubt if it's a fuel feed issue on your car. What is the milage on it?

128 thousand

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• david295

• Andy 1965

• Stoney871

• stef123

Right. This is a shot in the dark. I have never done this. It's just a suggestion. Disconnect neg. lead on battery. Disconnect lead from ECU, spray lead and pins with electrical contact cleaner, leave for 10 minutes, reconnect ECU, reconnect battery and see how you go from there.

Have just tried this, no difference

Okay, I think you said it was running fine with the smart charge plug disconnected? Why not just run it like that. It's not worth throwing more money at it.

It was running a lot better with it unplugged, but now its not, believe it or not, sometimes it runs better with it plugged in, other times it runs better with it unplugged, this car does not make sense.

If I totally disconnect alt 3 pin plug and red power cable, and start car on just battery, every thing is perfect, so one would think alt is dodgy, so I exchanged the new one I had with another new one, but its still the same.

The only course of action I could recommend now is to take it to either an industry accredited auto electrician, or a Ford master technician, or sell it. If anyone else can solve this, they deserve a £1.49 plain double cheeseburger from McDonalds!

Box of match and a 5 gallon drum full of petrol and a pair of latex gloves mate,

park it near a beach some where and spill the petrol in to the boot then walk backwards while spilling a trail of petrol in a small fine line for around 20 feet,

then close the lid tight on the can, and spark a match,

throw it on the line of fuel and walk away.

then go home ring the cops and the insurance company.

Lol. Make sure you get fries with that cheeseburger, Lenny! On the house! :lol:

I'll throw in a milkshake as well

LIVERPOOLS NEARER THAN THE BEACH

I'll throw in a milkshake as well

sorry mate,

i really admire your dedication to the focus mate, seriously if it was mine at this point id have no hair left, i dont know anything regarding the faults to advise you on it neither but fair play to you for sticking with it mate.

P.S dont forget to wash the sand off your shoes before you go back in to the house OJ

Oooh risky.

popcorn.gif

smiley2088.gif

WHAT

WHAT

sit eating some popcorn and watch the schooligans have their fun,

then go ring the cops and insurance,

Yep about right and legal as well.

Just a thought after reading about other focus problems.

As my fuel filter was full of a black thick liquid, could the fuel pump have it in as well.

Also noticed when i put petrol in car, when i take of filler cap, there is a rush of air either escaping or being sucked in

Also where is egr valve on mk1 1.6 16v zetec, thanks

Also where is egr valve on mk1 1.6 16v zetec, thanks

It's on top of the inlet manifold.

It looks like this-

MK1EGRTDDI.jpg

really you need to take it to a mastertech fr6 experience you can strip the engine and fuel system and it wont matter it could be the ecu thats at fault

It's on top of the inlet manifold.

It looks like this-

MK1EGRTDDI.jpg

Mine does not have one of these, I will put picture up in a little bit.

really you need to take it to a mastertech fr6 experience you can strip the engine and fuel system and it wont matter it could be the ecu thats at fault

I agree, but I really want to try to do everything I can first, to try to solve it myself. am a stubborn bugger lol

New coil fitted, still no change

Hi David,

Sorry to hear of your woes! I bought a Ford Cougar with similar issues, although mine was keen to boiling the battery and blowing head light bulbs!

In the end I threw in the towel and sold it. Not after it cost me a fourtune in parts and auto electrician charges.

I've got no advice other than I wish you the best, but sometimes these things are best left for the scrap yard!

Good luck!

The rush of air is normal when refuelling due to gases building up in the tank. I think the egr refers to a diesel although I can't be certain. My vehicle does not have that on it.

Just got a phonecall from scrap yard at 3pm, to tell me they have had a focus come in same year, same engine.

I got down there fast, and heard engine running, it ran perfect, all electrics work perfect, no engine shaking.

I have strip of all injection unit, silver calcium battery, infact i took everythin, including wiring loom, and ecu with all bits that go with it, and the dials.

I will be fitting it all tomorrow, if that does nothing to sort car, then I will go back and get the engine, all these bits cost me nothing.

Fingers crossed it fixes it. I wont give up. :)

What scrappy are you using start using them myself

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club