Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil Pressure Low Stop Message

james_60

Hi

My g/f's 2009/59 1.25 60ps fiesta displayed the titled message today.

The car was used on the motorway yesterday 55 miles each way.

The message appeared as she pulled onto the drive but because she turned the ignition off i could not get a picture of the message.

Does the car record that it has flagged up this message anywhere as there are no fault codes (DTC's)

The oil is on full (When hot) i will check it again when it has cooled down.

What would cause this message.

Could the motorway trip have shifted some rubbish in the sump to momentarily block the oil pump feed (Strainer in the sump)

Should we change the oil and filter to be on the safe side

Jamie

anyone :-(

Hi

My g/f's 2009/59 1.25 60ps fiesta displayed the titled message today.

The car was used on the motorway yesterday 55 miles each way.

The message appeared as she pulled onto the drive but because she turned the ignition off i could not get a picture of the message.

Does the car record that it has flagged up this message anywhere as there are no fault codes (DTC's)

The oil is on full (When hot) i will check it again when it has cooled down.

What would cause this message.

Could the motorway trip have shifted some rubbish in the sump to momentarily block the oil pump feed (Strainer in the sump)

Should we change the oil and filter to be on the safe side

Jamie

hi mate,

how do you know the oil is full when it is hot? and it could be a faulty preissure switch,

a message may be logged in the message screen on the menu screen between the gauges.

Hi

It is a style so doesent have such fancy features :-(

Where is this pressure switch located.

Jamie

Hi

It is a style so doesent have such fancy features :-(

Where is this pressure switch located.

Jamie

Finis 1363512 and around £8 if that is the problem.

but i would dip it for oil mate and ensure their is some in their before moving it,

and its a 60 plate so would be under warrenty

fiestauilswitchloation125.jpg

Hi Lenny

Cheers for the image

Its a 59 plate (october this year the warranty expires)

It did it again this afternoon and i have pictures this time thankfully.

Car is booked in at the dealership tomorrow morning so they can investigate.

G/f was a little bemused when she was told they would check to see if there was oil in the engine as she had checked it the day previous when it happend last,

she said the dipstick shows full at cold in a stern voice :-) thats my girl lol

Jamie

iam trying to insert some pictures from my gallery but i cant do it for some reason :-(

Jamie

iam trying to insert some pictures from my gallery but i cant do it for some reason :-(

Jamie

if you want to email them to me i will upload them on here for you,

if you want to email them to me i will upload them on here for you,

leonard.woods@live.ie

No need Lenny, they're already in James' gallery ;)

gallery_11278_1005_89055.jpg

gallery_11278_1005_11709.jpg

No need Lenny, they're already in James' gallery ;)

phew.gif Thanks for that mate

Amazing - I had the exact same problem with my 59 plate Fiesta today. What was the outcome?

Cutts of campden state they plugged in IDS no faults were found nor could they replicate the fault or get the car to display the message.

It has happened twice, we took pictures, cutts want to see the message on the car themselves not see a photo.

If it is the oil pressure switch maybe i will investigate that myself if it is easy for me to get at.

Jamie

Cutts of campden state they plugged in IDS no faults were found nor could they replicate the fault or get the car to display the message.

It has happened twice, we took pictures, cutts want to see the message on the car themselves not see a photo.

If it is the oil pressure switch maybe i will investigate that myself if it is easy for me to get at.

Jamie

for the price of the oil preissure switch to fit the 1.25 fiesta engine Finis 1363512 around £8 i would have expected them to change it as a precaution. then tell you to come back if it happens again but most likely the switch. and from looking at the engine layout it would seem that it is fitted to the rear and difficult to access,

i personally wouldnt remove the oil preissure switch myself and i need to remove mine to fit a T piece so as i can fit the oil preissure sensor for the ford gauge in the pod. but in order to remove the sensor you need to drain the oil from the sump if you dont then the oil will run out when you remove the sensor, and it is imortant to get the sensor on to the correct threads when inserting it again so im going to leave mine to the professionals anyways.

and im sure if you went to a garage with the newly purchased ford sensor they would fit it for you for around £20-£30

• 10 years later...

Hello, 

I have a 2013 ford fiesta and I have a problem saying “engine oil pressure is low and stop safety “ every morning only when I start the engine I have taken it to two garages but both said there is no fault.

Is there any advice that I can get.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zereit said:

I have a 2013 ford fiesta and I have a problem saying “engine oil pressure is low and stop safety “ every morning only when I start the engine I have taken it to two garages but both said there is no fault.

Well if is a Ecoboost 1.0 engine I'd expect your problem of low oil pressure to end very soon 😧

In case you don’t get exactly what unofix means, he means you won’t get the message for much longer as your engine will be scrap and no longer work at all.  I suspect the sump needs removing to see if the oil strainer is blocked with rubber fragments from the timing belt . Lots have needed a new engine because of this. 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly a 2009 Fiesta won't have an Ecoboost as they were introduced much later so he most probably has a four pot lump with faulty sender rather than anything more drastic.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, agraham said:

If I remember correctly a 2009 Fiesta won't have an Ecoboost as they were introduced much later so he most probably has a four pot lump with faulty sender rather than anything more drastic.

The 2009 fault was 10 years ago, the Fiesta in the OP has probably been long since scrapped! :laugh: 

I feel there should be a cut-off date on threads to prevent this type of confusion.  Say if there's been no activity on a thread for 12 months then it could be locked with a suggestion to make a new thread...

• Like 2

Doh! Didn't notice that because I didn't check the date of the first post.

58 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I feel there should be a cut-off date on threads to prevent this type of confusion.  Say if there's been no activity on a thread for 12 months then it could be locked with a suggestion to make a new thread...

I think that would be an excellent idea 👍

Maybe admin will look at this for future updates.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, unofix said:

I think that would be an excellent idea 👍

Maybe admin will look at this for future updates.

Yes, I agree also.  I've seen other forums which have something like this at the end of long inactive  topics:

"Archived