Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye Bye Mk7 - It's Been A Pleasure.

DanGull

So it's collection eve. :unsure:

Tomorrow I give over the keys to my mk7 and pick up those to my new Leon.

1) I have realised this is the first car I've ever sold - only owned two others and both were written off through no fault of mine. :blink:

2) It's going to be very odd to drive in a car with one number plate - and drive out with a different car with the same plate.

I can honestly say I've loved every mile in the mk7 (aka Frosty) he's covered just short of 60,000 miles (so the next owner will need two new tyres, a service very shortly, the first MOT shortly and to fill up pronto, but that's the dealer's problem) and has averaged a PATHETIC 34 miles to the gallon. He's worn nearly a whole tub of Swissvax BOS in that time - at £150 per 50ml pot I make that 460,000MPG (of wax...) that's more like it :lol:

I am not leaving the forum or (so long as Steve is happy) will I be leaving my staff post. I think I still have much to contribute especially in the detailing section.

So it's collection eve. :unsure:

Tomorrow I give over the keys to my mk7 and pick up those to my new Leon.

1) I have realised this is the first car I've ever sold - only owned two others and both were written off through no fault of mine. :blink:

2) It's going to be very odd to drive in a car with one number plate - and drive out with a different car with the same plate.

I can honestly say I've loved every mile in the mk7 (aka Frosty) he's covered just short of 60,000 miles (so the next owner will need two new tyres, a service very shortly, the first MOT shortly and to fill up pronto, but that's the dealer's problem) and has averaged a PATHETIC 34 miles to the gallon. He's worn nearly a whole tub of Swissvax BOS in that time - at £150 per 50ml pot I make that 460,000MPG (of wax...) that's more like it :lol:

I am not leaving the forum or (so long as Steve is happy) will I be leaving my staff post. I think I still have much to contribute especially in the detailing section.

Farewell to the topic title

but

not farewell when i read the post

for some reason i have read this in my mind using the voice of senator David Norris who once made a fantastic speach starting with '' i reside here at my home, where all of my epic journeys have begun, tomorrow will change history for me when i make the biggest decision of all''

but i dont think he traded in a fiesta :lol:

Aww, bye bye Frosty!

I hope you enjoy the Leon as much as it seems you enjoyed your fez. And gets treated with the same amount of wax! ^_^

Just remember to post up some piccys of the new car, as you know we like to be nosey!

Also which colour, extras and model you going for, was it the FR if i remember correctly? :rolleyes:

Ok, it's dark and they're iPhone pics - but here's Sooty...

a6553a24.jpg

0ca921bb.jpg

63bce681.jpg

14bf5451.jpg

Absolutely loving it so far - so much more power and a much, much better ride.

No extras over the standard FR+ spec but it doesn't need them - sat nav, auto everything, voice control, iPod and bluetooth connectivity...bi-xenons as well.

I've done a few tiny things today - Seat valve caps and new handbrake trim for example. The weekend will see its first detail alongside debadging, destickering, stubby aerial, new tax disc holder, possibly sports pedals if I can get a decent set at a decent price.

Haven't left the keys in the ignition yet either.

My mate just sold his Cupra for a Kia sportage.

He regrets it big time.

I bet you were sorry to hand the keys over, it's always sad to see a car go :(

Best of luck with the Leon though, they are great cars especially the sporty ones... and all the better in black - it will look fantastic after a good detail ;)

You'll not regret buying a Leon I had an 08 1.4tsi reference sport from new and it was a cracking car and handled great. Was devastated when I lost my job and had to sell it as I couldn't afford the finance anymore.

One thing to watch out for on Leon's is the windscreens delaminate at the bottom where the scuttle meets it. It's a common fault but good news is seat will replace them on warranty if it goes, I had my done at only a year old.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club