Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"garage Door" Storage Lid For Storage At Bottom Of Centre Console

GSM

Hi all,

Just been on Preee's vinyl wrap thread and noticed something his Focus has that mine's doesn't - and which I want:

The wee doors for the storage section at the bottom of the centre console, just in front of the gear stick.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj612/Preee67/2012-05-13193448.jpg

Anybody know where to buy one of these and how to install it? Although my Ghia has the wood effect surround, so would have to be either that of grey/black plastic rather than silver like Preee's.

What you can see are heated screen switches and blanking plates for heated seat switches, below that is where the ash tray goes on some cars.

They are pretty hard to come by, think your best bet is to look on eBay for focus's that are being broken for spares, and ringing round the various breakers,,, thus is how I found mine. As for a colour match, I think its just a case of dropping on one that suits your needs. Be aware though, if it is a mk2 focus, you will lose the use of the 12v socket once you have installed it. Fitting is simple, just remove the gearstick surround, slot into place and then re-fit the surround which then holds it in place. Job done ;-)

They are rarer than hens teeth.

When they do come up on eBay they go for £40 plus.

I paid £40 for mine

heres one

http://www.ebay.co.u...3#ht_500wt_1287

ooh never saw one with a 12v socket and ash tray inside of it.

but the loom is their in the focus to plug in to the 12v socket if anyone wanted to know that lol

That very item was sold for £45 last week.

I missed it by £5 and he offered it to me on second chance for £45 again as the winner didn't pay up.

My max bid was £40 so certainly wasn't going a fiver over what I was willing to pay.

Technically he should have offered it to me at my max bid so suffice to say I ignored him.

That very item was sold for £45 last week.

I missed it by £5 and he offered it to me on second chance for £45 again as the winner didn't pay up.

My max bid was £40 so certainly wasn't going a fiver over what I was willing to pay.

Technically he should have offered it to me at my max bid so suffice to say I ignored him.

I agree with you mate,

your highest bid should have been accepted as a second chance offer, badgoalie.gifespecially since the item has no reserve price in the first place tickedoff.gif

Still think its best to ring round the breakers on eBay,,,, as some don't know that these things are in demand, so value them at less than most. I paid £20 delivered for mine, and know others that have boought them as cheap as a tenner

ooh never saw one with a 12v socket and ash tray inside of it.

but the loom is their in the focus to plug in to the 12v socket if anyone wanted to know that lol

How do you mean Lenny ??? Mine came as a complete unit, basically like a storage bin, with the door on the front, and as the mk2 12v socket is directly behind where the garage door fits, it kind of makes it useless. That said, if you do need to use it, I suppose its easy enough to remove to access if needed :D

Still think its best to ring round the breakers on ebay,,,, as some don't know that these things are in demand, so value them at less than most. I paid £20 delivered for mine, and know others that have boought them as cheap as a tenner

How do you mean Lenny ??? Mine came as a complete unit, basically like a storage bin, with the door on the front, and as the mk2 12v socket is directly behind where the garage door fits, it kind of makes it useless. That said, if you do need to use it, I suppose its easy enough to remove to access if needed :D

They moved the socket on the 2.5 next to the handbrake... :)

They moved the socket on the 2.5 next to the handbrake... :)

yes on the mk2.5 the 12v socket is next to the handbrake,

but if you remove the stereo and have a look under the heater controls you will find a 12v positive feed to plug in to the 12v socket fitted within the garage door unit.

i mean as i say, do you have one of these fitted to your car with the 12v socket and ash tray inside?

i didnt know ford made them with the 12v socket and ash tray inside of the garage door flap.

they are not displayed on the e-cat system either.

if a person was a smoker the 12v socket would house a 12v cigarete lighter while still having the 12v socket next to the handbrake free for other things aswell as the 12v socket inside the centre arm rest and the 12v socket in the boot compartment.

Behind the unit , is the hole for a 12v socket , i have not seen one with the 12v socket built in but you could drill a hole for it if needed. , its a handy little tray.

Think were getting a little confused here lol. Mine is a mk2, and has the 12v socket in the compartment under the heater screen buttons. I vinyl wrapped the radio surround and below etc etc, then spotted another car fitted with the garage door.... So thought hmmm I like that, and bought one. So with this fitted, my 12v socket is now behind the rear of the garage door unit. I know they are in a different place on the mk2.5's and it wouldn't affect them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club