Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 58 - Retrofit Bluetooth & Usb Questions

Safekidda

No one :-/ 

i have found a lot of info but also lots of contradictory info 

Right. Bought a bluetooth module today £38 - 8M5T-19C112-AS

Also bought control stalk - 3M5T-14K147-BE

mic is in place already as already got it. 

Need to know about the loop connector. 

Looks like the loop connector is the BA type, but don't know if this will work okay with the travelpilot fx nav and Bluetooth/USB ? 

• 2 years later...

First of all I am sorry for reviving an old thread but I am getting no where , my prob is a little different as in I have a 2007 fusion I have retrofitted a sony/ford dab radio out of a kuga and a bluetooth module and mic from a fiesta and all works fine .I managed to get a8M5T-19C112-AM and had the same prob as a few others I could see the songs streaming from my phone I could call people but had no sound at all .Anyway I managed to find out the two audio cables of the aux plug had to go to pin 5 and 6 on the  modules wiring that gave me sound but it sounds bad as if only some of the channels are there if that make sense? and I also have a bad alternator wine but no matter what pin I connect the earth wire to from the aux it cuts out the sound . I have no idea if or were my loop connector is if indeed I have one ,then on the first page of this thread I found

"On the new wiring PIN 5, 6 , 19, 23, 37 and 38 must be occupied (these are the AUX-in wires). On the old wiring these Pins are not occupied"

Does this mean I have to bridge /add more wires ???? can someone please explain this, my module wiring is  6S6T-14C007-AE if that helps

Can someone please help me with this last part ? thank you

20190531_201704.jpg

20190608_144609.jpg

many of the wires should act as a shield (to stop interference from impacting audio quality) so should be wound around each other (twisted)

3 and 4 mic wires twisted to each other

5 and 6 L out and R out, twisted with pin 23 block C pin 6 audio ground

37 and 38 L in and R in, of the glovebox aux jack twisted with the aux ground wire pin 19

Connector A (C517/C518)                            
Speakers (C517)      

Pin 1 Right Rear + (brown/white)         
Pin 2 Right Front + (purple/white x2)         
Pin 3 Left Front + (white x2)           
Pin 4 Left Rear + (brown/green)           
Pin 5 Right Rear – (brown/blue)           
Pin 6 Right Front – (orange/white x2)         
Pin 7 Left Front – (white/brown x2)         
Pin 8 Left Rear – (brown/yellow)           
Power (C518)            
Pin 9 CAN + (blue/white)           
Pin 10 CAN – (purple)           
Pin 11 Keycode Ground (black/blue)         
Pin 12 Ground (black/blue)           
Pin 13 Alarm Sense (From GEM) (yellow/grey)       
Pin 14 Illumination (not used)           
Pin 15 battery + (From F72) (brown/red)         
Pin 16 Ign. Sense (Accessory) (From F69) (not used)       

Connector B (C520)            
Pin 1 Mono + (not used)           
Pin 2 Sw A+ (Switched Output (On when stereo is on) - Used with Rear Seat DVD's or 3rd party amplifier switch) (green/purple)       
Pin 3 Aux L+ (CD Changer) (not used)         
Pin 4 Aux R + (CD Changer) (not used)         
Pin 5 PTA (Phone Mute) (not used)                           
Pin 6 SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) (grey/yellow)                         
Pin 7 Mono - (not used)                             
Pin 8 SWC Gnd (Steering Wheel Controls) (blue)                         
Pin 9 Aux L – (CD Changer) (not used)                           
Pin 10 Aux R – (CD Changer) (not used)                           
Pin 11 Rev Sense (Used for Navigation) (not used)                         
Pin 12 AVC - Speed signal for Auto Volume Control (not used)                       

Connector C (C519)                              

Pin 1 RSE L+ (Rear Seat Entertainment) (green)                         
Pin 2 RSE R+ (Rear Seat Entertainment) (not used)                         
Pin 3 Mono 2 + (brown/red)                             
Pin 4 Sub W + (not used)                             
Pin 5 Aux 2 L (Glovebox Aux Socket L) (white/purple)                         
Pin 6 Audio Gnd (black)                             
Pin 7 RSE L – (Rear Seat Entertainment) (grey/yellow)                       
Pin 8 RSE R – (Rear Seat Entertainment) (not used)                         
Pin 9 Mono 2 – (blue/red)                             
Pin 10 Sub W – (blue)                             
Pin 11 Aux 2 R (Glovebox Aux Socket R) (yellow/blue)                       
Pin 12 Mic. (brown)                               

• Like 1

Thank you so much for that I will have a look as soon as it stops raining and see if I can finally sort it out

no wonder my sound via bluetooth sounds washed out and wining but that could be my music:biggrin: ,so at the mo I have as I have said I have the two wires from the aux cable in pins 5 and 6 and the black wire is not connected .So am I right in thinking I remove them and fit them in pins 37 and 38 and the  ground wire  in to pin 19 ? But it this part "5 and 6 L out and R out, twisted with pin 23 block C pin 6 audio ground "  that I am not 100% sure about do I need more wires from these pins to the radio? thank you

there's a very blurry photo on an earlier post you can't read with all the right info

I'm working through what pins do what to retrofit the BT module using a "plug and play VW loom from china for 25 quid"

currently I think left side is the BT multiplug, right is where it goes on the radio

3 Mic in +  
    4 Mic in -  
    5 Line out - to radio Aux out L block C Pin 5
    6 Line out + to radio Aux out R block C Pin 11
    14 CAN +  
    15 CAN -  
    17 Vbatt 12V  
    18 Vbatt 12V  
    19 Audio Grd shield Glovebox Aux plug Grd
    23 Audio Grd shield block C Pin 6
    33 Grd block A Pin 12  
    34 Grd block A Pin 12  
    37 Aux In L Glovebox Aux plug L
    38 Aux In R Glovebox Aux plug R
  • Like 1

Thanks again I have that picture and tried to read the pins but same as you I think I am not having much luck, tomorrow if the rain is not to bad I am going to try the aux wires in pins 37 and 38  and 19 .What I can not figure out is when I fit the wires I have cut off my aux cable to pins 5 and 6  I get sound but when I connect them to other pins I get nothing ,forgive me for being thick but this is all new to me

I have sorted it :biggrin:as soon as I get the connectors for the wires I will explain all I do not want to disturb it at the mo

• 4 weeks later...

First of all sorry for the late update work has been crazy , anyway I have got rid of my wining but I have noticed when I listen to a song on the radio that I have on usb I have noticed it sounds much better on the radio .At first I thought it was me but on careful investigation it seems as if I have some how connected the wiring so I have either two left channels or two right channels defo not stereo . I assume its me being thick but can anyone please tell me what pins the aux wires fit in and what wires do I either have to add or join to get stereo ? thanks

I had a 30 quid bt phone and streaming device, worked Ok on the original radio, but was a total disaster on the Ford Sony DAB radio (almost no noise, loads of interference even with a ground loop and tinny as hell)

I will post an update on how and where to buy soon,  but I added the BVC module 8M5T-19C112-AT  device using a 25 quid Chinese VAG loom that needs all the pins to the module re located and two extra power + - wires added, then relocate 2 on the qualock and add 4 direct links from old quad lock to new qualock that VAG don't use and it works a treat

sound quality is as good as any radio channel loud and clear with great tonal balance

if you have the USB try an update  https://willtaylor.org/update-ford-audio-bluetooth/

how to fit 8M5T-19C112-AT to a car that never had any bluetooth wiring for £40 quid, rather than giving £239 to Ford for the retrofit official loom

get one of these (even comes with a MIc that would get you started, its almost plug and play... ) they may even do the right loom but I never found a Ford one   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-9W2-9W7-Bluetooth-Wiring-Harness-Cable-For-VW-Tiguan-Eos-Golf-Plus-RCD510/161681023304?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

it needs some simple mods

you need 2 x 1.7 metre of lightweight cable and 2 x the hard to find crimp connectors (they look like the link below but they DON'T fit).  Its to run second power supply (plus and minus) to the BVC multiplug, then solder the other end to suitable points on the new quad lock (info below) , I couldn't find on eBay ones that fit   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TE-Connectivity-Micro-Quadlock-System-Crimp-Terminal-Contact-Female-0-2mmÂ-to/142943460794?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

then you are missing 4 x 180mm or there about quad lock to quad lock male to female connectors for Block A... I went to Halfords and bought a 10 quad quad lock set for a BMW so I could take out the 4 wires with pre crimped terminals

now you have to play to get some of the terminals from the multiplugs...

a) the actual new quad locks are posh ones with a purple plastic slide that locates the terminal wires to the housing so the securing tab is not what takes the strain when you connect stuff up.  It doesn't want to come out but it slides out with some persuasion.... remember to slide the terminals back in with the correct orientation so this slide fits again !!! 

b) the quad lock's multiplug terminal's "positive retention tab" (whatever its called, the bit that locks the electrical terminal in to the body of a multiplug) ) are little buggers, but with the right tool and a small amount of patience, everyone will come out easily with no damage.  NOTE: the retention tab is always on the crimp side of the terminal not the flat side..  get a bit of mains cable and strip out the 1mm earth core, now squash a small flat on the end of the copper and it will slide in the face of the multiplug and is almost the correct tool to tease back that retention clip and with a gentle wriggle it will pop out.

c) the BVC multiplug is a very simple set up and slipping out these terminals is child's play once you release the blue 54 pin plug from the black positive retention clamp (it slides out sideways where the wires come out after you release the clip).... they all need moving and of course colouring is NOT ford std, just move the pins to the correct place and use an ohm meter to test you got it right

d) NOTE in the Ford drawing all the wires that should be twisted together to get the right resistance to noise / interference (referred to "as shielded with ")

below is I think correct but check with the drawings and double check with an ohm metre

for ref current "wrong" 54 pin configuration of the VAG BVC multiplug

VW loom  

1 Red blue tracer 12v block A Pin 15
2 Brown blue tracer Grd block A Pin 12
4 Green yellow tracer Aux out R block C Pin 11
5 Yellow Aux out L block C Pin 5
8 Blue Mic block C Pin 12
9 White Mic Audio Grd block C Pin 6
11 White Sub Loom Mic connector
12 Black Sub Loom Mic connector
17 Orange purple tracer CAN +
18 Orange brown tracer CAN -

Ford requirement 54 pin BVC multiplug and on Block C of the radio quad lock adding the 2 new power wires to pins 18 and 34 getting the power from Block A of the quad lock pin 15 and an earth from quad lock Block A pin 12 (NOTE I didn't bother with the headphone aux socket wires 19, 37, 38, its now got USB and bluetooth streaming why would I ever want it)

rewired for Ford loom    

WH/RD 3 Blue Mic in + Mic block C Pin 12
BD/RD 4 White Mic in - Mic Audio Grd block C Pin 6
Blue 5 Yellow Line out - to radio Aux out L block C Pin 5
White 6 Green yellow tracer Line out + to radio Aux out R block C Pin 11
GR/RD 14 Orange purple tracer CAN + Block A Pin 9
BU/RD 15 Orange brown tracer CAN - Block A Pin 10
OR/YE 17 Red Blue Vbatt 12V Block A Pin 15
OR/YE 18 Red Blue Vbatt 12V Block A Pin 15
  19   Audio Grd shield Glovebox Aux plug Grd
  23   Audio Grd shield  
BK/YE 33 Blue Brown Grd block A Pin 12  
BK/YE 34 White Black Grd block A Pin 12  
  37   Aux In L Glovebox Aux plug L
  38   Aux In R Glovebox Aux plug R

coloured ones are the four main wires you need to add

Power (C518) quad lock Block A
Pin 9 CAN + (blue/white) 
Pin 10 CAN – (purple) 
Pin 11 Keycode Ground (black/blue) 
Pin 12 Ground (black/blue) 
Pin 13 Alarm Sense (From GEM) (yellow/grey) 
Pin 14 Illumination (wrongly written on ford drawing as not used - IT IS) 
Pin 15 battery + (From F72) (brown/red) 
Pin 16 Ign. Sense (Accessory) (From F69) not used  

ensuring the radio end of the new quad lock does as above, by moving the CAN from VAG to Ford configuration and sorting the power by adding in the extra 4 wires to the empty terminal points ( NOTE with one of the original VAG wires removed and left out - as they wire stuff up wrongly where they loop power from 15 to 16 or vice versa)…. NOTE I don't think the descriptions in use on the ford drawing is completely correct for the Focus Mk2.5

then mic has the wrong pins for the ford (I connected with two links from a paper clip, so both the ford mic and the VAG loom are left stock) all the wiring is long enough to easily fit all as per an original ford with the mic running up to the roof interior light

Ford pin config drawing

Ford BVC Multiplug Wiring.jpg

8m5t-19c112-at post-70655-0-05012900-1353271808.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you bud that is interesting reading , I did the update earlier  to day that went fine I now have to have a look at the wiring, you are a star all being well I will report back tomorrow . I sorted out the usb I got hold of a cable that fitted the bluetooth module but had a male end so the ford usb "finisher" would not fit so I chopped the end off and joined it with a cable I had from an alpine radio I had and that works fine ,saved me a few quid :biggrin: if I had known I should have just got a ford cable with two female ends but not to worry you live and learn

I reckon I have sorted it:biggrin: I have moved the white wire from pin one to pin 5 then the ground wire from the aux to pin one ,then the left and right aux wires to pin six and seven fingers crossed

• 3 years later...

Anyone know a good Jag forum ? - searched about can't find any sensible ones

my sister now has the 2007 mondeo with Jag badges and it seems might have pre wiring for BT on the standard head unit - and BT modules seem to be 20 on fleabay and extremely common

what I have gleaned is lots of muddled people claiming its there but hard to use - checking the manual they did go a bit stupid with weird pairing codes and unpairing oddities, (but it much like the ford - "No Phone" really means "no BT module fitted") 

From the poor efforts I have come across on what seems to be the only four joke Jag forums I can find - it looks like wires and module are different enough to ford stuff, knowing from grown ups that aren't using the wrong part to speak from would be quite valuable

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club