Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gc88's Focus

gc88

Hey guys gals,

Had my focus since new, bought it in winter a while ago, first drive was home from the dealers, skidding on ice and snow the whole 10 miles!

Love it, but haven't really done much too it.

It's a panther black Zetec S 2009ish. (18inch wheels, privacy glass)

I'll upload photo's as and when i can.

So far, i have (thanks to this website):

1) Installed footwell lights (bulb sockets already present and wired so it was a really hard task)

2) Changed courtesy lights to LED's (dome front and rear, and maps at the front - they go off when they should too.)

To do:

1) Install cigarette lighter in the boot (wiring all present, part ordered, just need time and balls)

2) Try to (re-re-)wrap the stereo surround in carbon wrap (first 2 attempts failed and not much patience!

3) Install extra light in the boot (problem is: do i install a standard ford one, or i have 2 x 48 LED Red strips that i could install?? Thoughts please)

4) 'Custom' climate control knobs on order from eBay

5) Sort out some LED sidelights

6) LED numberplate lights (although i've tried and tried to remove the light lens' and failed miserably.

7) Debating whether to get mk4 mist wshers - i have heated currently, but dunno if it's worth it?

8) Fit coloured (red or blue?) LED's to the footwells at the front. (currently a plain 501 bulb)

Lots to do, little time.

If anyone wants me to take photos of things when i *try* them let me know, if i can help i can.

Thanks guys / gals

gc88

B)

** UPDATE ** Photos 02/07/12

focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

focus3.jpg

focus4.jpg

focus5.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gc88

• Lenny

• Stoney871

• Paddy H

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Installed footwell lights (bulb sockets already present and wired so it was a really hard task)

Lucky Beggar, i have to wire mine in still.

2) Changed courtesy lights to LED's (dome front and rear, and maps at the front - they go off when they should too.)

I think that adds some class to the interior, much better than the standard yellowy ones.

To do:

1) Install cigarette lighter in the boot (wiring all present, part ordered, just need time and balls)

Easy peasy, hardest part is drilling the hole, i didn't, just used a screw on one for ease.

2) Try to (re-re-)wrap the stereo surround in carbon wrap (first 2 attempts failed and not much patience!

Try laying the vinyl flat on a sheet of plywood with the sticky side up and held tight with drawing pins.

3) Install extra light in the boot (problem is: do i install a standard ford one, or i have 2 x 48 LED Red strips that i could install?? Thoughts please)

Stick with standard fittings and use good LED Bulbs -

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a1e4def6c

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c287fd940

You can't see the bulb in the picture but they're like this and very good.

DSC_0322.jpg

4) 'Custom' climate control knobs on order from ebay

Definitely, i love mine.

5) Sort out some LED sidelights

6) LED numberplate lights (although i've tried and tried to remove the light lens' and failed miserably.

With the numberplate lights i believe it's recommended to use an allen key to push the clip.

7) Debating whether to get mk4 mist wshers - i have heated currently, but dunno if it's worth it?

Definitely, far better spread of water on the windscreen and the water doesn't blow over the roof on motorways.

8) Fit coloured (red or blue?) LED's to the footwells at the front. (currently a plain 501 bulb)

Blue in my opinion.

If anyone wants me to take photos of things when i *try* them let me know, if i can help i can.

Photos and progress reports are always eagerly awaited, you may come up with good ideas or short cuts that others have missed, i'm learning all the time.

Stick with standard fittings and use good LED bulbs -

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a1e4def6c

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c287fd940

You can't see the bulb in the picture but they're like this and very good.

DSC_0322.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the comments.

Am i right in seeing that the bulb pictured had 25 LEDS? 24 round the edges and 1 at the end?

I'll just have to order blue and red i guess then for the footwells!

Awesome, thanks for the comments.

Am i right in seeing that the bulb pictured had 25 LEDS? 24 round the edges and 1 at the end?

Welcome and yes 25 LED.

Well, Here are the first of the photos.

Inside for now, due to how clean the outside isn't.

Standard 501 bulbs in footwells:

IMAG0426.jpg

LED map and courtesy light:

IMAG0427.jpg

LED rear courtesy light:

IMAG0431.jpg

The photos dont really do the LEDs justice!

Also changed the number plate lights to LED. had a bit of an issue getting them out, so thought I'd take photos cause I can't be alone..?

This is what the clip looks like (on the offside of each light)

IMAG0419.jpg

I did it (easily) in the end by putting a screw driver in as pictures, then keeping the screw driver head in there, rotate the handle counter clockwise until vertical, then the light gently prised out!

IMAG0428.jpg

Well, I hope that this has worked, all from my phone! just need some proper dark to get photos of the led plate lights, and to check they light the plate up enough!

It does look more stylish with LED's

UPDATE:

only one led on each number plate light works now.. they lasted all of 24 hours..

Not impressed!

Girls / Guys,

An update, if anyone cares :)

Changed the number plate LED's to these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220986447355?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

so far, so good and gives plenty of light!

Also been spending HOURS on here, reading every thread for months!

So, my lists are:

Done:

1) Installed footwell lights

2) Changed courtesy lights to LED's

3) Number plate light LEDS

To do:

1) Install cigarette lighter in the boot

2) Install extra light in the boot

3) 'Custom' climate control knobs

4) Sort out some LED sidelights

5) Mist Washer Jets

6) Buzzer only parking sensors

I'll try and get photos as i go, but i get carried away / worked up easily so will probably forget!!

PLan this week:

Hopefully Lighter and climate control knobs should all arrive, so to do that and install the additional boot light wiring at the same time.

I just hope i don't break too much!

You'll do just fine.

If I can do it without making a stew sandwich of it then anyone can. :P

Gc88 , very good so far , keep up the good work , and when it's done there's nothing more refreshing than sitting in the rear of the car on the Drive admiring your work.

All i need is to find a light to install in the boot! eBay doesnt have any!

All i need is to find a light to install in the boot! Ebay doesnt have any!

Here you are mate,

also see my guide for an additional boot light i used these bulbs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-T10-Car-High-Power-168-194-W5W-White-42-SMD-LED-Wedge-Light-Bulb-Lamp-12V-/170814467378?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c555ed32

Here you are mate,

also see my guide for an additional boot light i used these bulbs

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c555ed32

Already got them on order!

It's the bulb holder and lens im looking for!

I've emailed some dealers asking for a price, but they are all being crap!

I have one £5 plus postage, so say £7 if you're interested?

Was going to fit it myself but they do come up reasonably regularly on eBay so i can wait if your need is greater. :D

KGrHqFhME457S7JE1BOSsqUN4K60_12.jpg

Also changed the number plate lights to LED. had a bit of an issue getting them out, so thought I'd take photos cause I can't be alone..?

This is what the clip looks like (on the offside of each light)

IMAG0419.jpg

I did it (easily) in the end by putting a screw driver in as pictures, then keeping the screw driver head in there, rotate the handle counter clockwise until vertical, then the light gently prised out!

IMAG0428.jpg

Well, I hope that this has worked, all from my phone! just need some proper dark to get photos of the led plate lights, and to check they light the plate up enough!

When I did mine I broke the clips and now they rattle around, could do with ordering some more from Ford, just need to find the part number.

Edited : Photo's added to original post.

Stoney - thanks for the offer mate, but i'm ok hanging round! Still waiting for the last parts to turn up and then i'll just wrap the wires in tape til i get a light - really no rush!

Thanks anyway!! :D

No worries mate, available if you change your mind. ;)

With thanks to this video -

I've changed my sidelights to LED's.

The 'lolly' pop sticks which i was warned off were very easy - i didn't have to twist 180degrees, i had to twist about 15 degress, until the catch lined up, then it came out. Lining it back up to get it back in was the hardest! (Long nose pliers were used so could have helped i guess!)

Well, one more down, more to do!

Done:

1) Installed footwell lights (currently RED awaiting BLUE)

2) Changed courtesy lights to LED's

3) Number plate light LEDS

4) LED Sidelights

To do:

4) Mist Washer Jets

5) Buzzer only parking sensors

6) Glove box LED

With thanks to this video -

To do:

4) Mist Washer Jets

5) Buzzer only parking sensors

6) Glove box LED

Nice list their mate,

a blue ignition ring would go nicely with the footwell lighting, and the parking bulbs look way better when upgraded to led, looking foward to your progress and pictures.

I could do Lenny, but its blanked out as its a power start button!

I like it being all blanked and black!

I could do Lenny, but its blanked out as its a power start button!

I like it being all blanked and black!

id prefer keyless entry with power start aswell if i had the option mate.

Car looks really nice. I really need get a grip with mine.

I changed my main beam using that tutorial form youtube. Il admit i had a 5 minute struggle until i realised the technique.

Car looks great, nice work.

Car looks really nice. I really need get a grip with mine.

I changed my main beam using that tutorial form youtube. Il admit i had a 5 minute struggle until i realised the technique.

Car looks great, nice work.

Thanks! Still fairly basic though..

Well, today i gained power to my boot :D Thanks to Lenny my main man!

IMAG0451.jpg

Also sliced the wiring so just awaiting a dealer to get back to me for the extra boot light.. should be today or tomorrow. All wired run via Lenny's route as all that was off anyway.

IMAG0450.jpg

And lastly, does anyone know what this is for? On the metalwork floor of the boot?

IMAG0453.jpg

Im a happy chump. The lighter socket even works!! :rolleyes:

Thanks! Still fairly basic though..

Well, today i gained power to my boot :D Thanks to Lenny my main man!

Also spliced the wiring so just awaiting a dealer to get back to me for the extra boot light.. should be today or tomorrow. All wired run via Lenny's route as all that was off anyway.

And lastly, does anyone know what this is for? On the metalwork floor of the boot?

IMAG0453.jpg

Im a happy chump. The lighter socket even works!! :rolleyes:

I have trained you well my sonbowdown.gif

you have had a busy day performing these modificationsphew.gif and hopfully the weather stayed dry for you, rain2.gif

the breakers is a good place to pick up the additional boot light casing because the one ive fitted is from a 1995 fiesta, the design of the boot light hasent changed through the years. im hoping to get vintage insurance as result lol

and regarding the electronic device in the boot mate, im stumped it could be an auto leveler for the xenon headlights, a pulse generator to prevent the car rusting on exposed areas or even a GPS tracker lol i dont have one in mine and it looks good so im a bit Jel to be honest but anyways but ill have a look in the haynes manual in the wiring loom section and see if i can find out what it is by searching for the loom configuration to match the cable colours in the image above.

nice work done mate, top class cheers.gif

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club