Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paddy's Zetec S

Paddy H

Just fitted my ST upper grill to my Zetec S, very happy with it at the minute.

zetecfront.jpg

stfront.jpg

zetecgrill.jpg

stgrill.jpg

I debated writing a guide as soon as you lift the bonnet its simple, couple screws and a screw in lock mechanism and it push's out. Im not at all competent on this sort of stuff but did it easy.

However i did managed to break my key-fob whilst testing it after... put of WD40 on the latch's and it was alot better 20minutes after.

Next month will be pretty busy as i have already purchased a few things:

Genuine Focus mats - Just fitted

Overlays - Fitted

Rear Windows Tint - Booked

Scuff Plates

Mudflaps

MTech H7 12v 55w Cosmos bulbs

Ford Focus Zetec "S" badge (for front grill possibly)

Respray Chrome Lip.

Fit DRL + Spray Fog Surround... Possibly.

Most of the above has been purchased / ready to be purchased. So it will be a nice transform for my Zetec next month. Im looking forward to it i must say.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paddy H

• Lenny

• .Ryan

• Ash88lfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks far better with that grille i think.

i like it Patrick, I wonder if you can get a matching honeycombe lower gril?

Looks great,

makes a big difference to the front, and looking at your lower grill mate, i really cant wait to purchase mine next month,

and ill be fitting the upper grill that you have just removed today lol

you got a good deal on the ST upper grill too mate i purchased my Zs upper grill second hand for £45.

Looks far better with that grille i think.

I agree, i was thinking whether it wouldn't really suit or not as iv only ever seen it on an ST and that has full kit etc.. Im happy.

i like it Patrick, I wonder if you can get a matching honeycombe lower gril?

Cheers I'm working on it, I'm keeping my eye out, i thought the ST grill was the same but Lenny pointed out it wasn't so i will definitely look for some sort of replacement or something that match.

Looks great,

makes a big difference to the front, and looking at your lower grill mate, i really cant wait to purchase mine next month,

and ill be fitting the upper grill that you have just removed today lol

you got a good deal on the ST upper grill too mate i purchased my Zs upper grill second hand for £45.

Thanks Lenny, a massive thanks actually for linking me up, if you wouldn't have sent it me id have purchased the £70 one next month. Pleased with my outcome, Il have sell my Zetec S one now. Know any sort of adjustment i can do to give the bottom grill the honeycomb effect? I know you can buy the honeycomb wire and cut it down but I'm just curious if theres any grills/kits out there that fit already that rant the Zetec S and the chrome surrounding one.

I am actually thinking of getting hold of a lower grille... cutting the honeycomb out, then cutting the lines from mine and somehow sticking no that.

It just sounds hassle and could be messy and i don't do cheap looks.

Thanks Lenny, a massive thanks actually for linking me up, if you wouldn't have sent it me id have purchased the £70 one next month. Pleased with my outcome, Il have sell my Zetec S one now. Know any sort of adjustment i can do to give the bottom grill the honeycomb effect? I know you can buy the honeycomb wire and cut it down but I'm just curious if theres any grills/kits out there that fit already that rant the Zetec S and the chrome surrounding one.

I am actually thinking of getting hold of a lower grille... cutting the honeycomb out, then cutting the lines from mine and somehow sticking no that.

It just sounds hassle and could be messy and i don't do cheap looks.

no problem mate, hatoff.gif

if i was you, id fit the st front bumper and lower grill,

you already have the st side skirts and rear spoiler, and the only way to get the grills to match is to fit the st lower grill too by fitting the st bumper, because their is no other grill out their to fit the mk2.5 space. and if you had planned to purchase and fit a Zs front splitter then the st bumper is i think £40 cheaper then the Zs front lip.

so lets see what it would cost then:

if you were to purchase them in brand new condition

ST front bumper Primed ready for paint,

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19bab13eee

ST front Lower Grill,

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item58949b59bd

Body Shop spray and fill of jet ports estimated around £70-£100

Cost of Parts, Postage & Body Shop: £354.74

Minus Resale Value of existing Parts fitted to the car: £180.00

Total Modification Cost: £174.74 for an ST replica minus the rear bumper.

OR

Purchase the bumper pre owned with grill

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ab8b54758

Body Shop around £100-£120 to prime and spray instead of just spraying also fill over the headlight jet ports.

minus the sale of your original items this option would cost you around £50

now you may ask, ''why didnt you make your focus an ST replica instead of a Zs''

and the reason i didnt was because the st front bumper was £400 from ford last year when i was buying the Zs kit but now the ST bumper is cheaper than the Zs front lip.

Lenny, how the hell do you find these items !

Lenny, how the hell do you find these items !

:lol: you may think its cool but try being me lol in always buying stuff,

but its great the price of parts keeps dropping, we will all be driving ST replicas :wub:

Liking that a lot mate!

Lenny

You are a dangerous friend! Ha. Your advice and idea's are always spot on and i don't think my bank likes you. I am highly considering going for the whole ST look now. I suppose i won't be able afford the ST bumper till August so i should leave my DRL's till then? Also if i change it to an ST replica.

I do admit its the front that mainly makes me car look standard especially since the previous owner took off the Zetec S lip.

Ah all these idea's i get thrown at me. Its great how ST parts are now considerably cheaper. However, i will not colour the back diffuser the same as my car like most ST's as i think this is a big characteristic that stands out from the blue.

Did you say i can get bulbs to for the front where they look clear when off then orange when indicated and such? I think they're called Silva-tec am i correct?

Liking that a lot mate!

Same mate, was if'n and are'n but um happy and i think even this small mod makes the car so much better.

Lenny

You are a dangerous friend! Ha. Your advice and idea's are always spot on and i don't think my bank likes you. I am highly considering going for the whole ST look now. I suppose i won't be able afford the ST bumper till August so i should leave my DRL's till then? Also if i change it to an ST replica.

I do admit its the front that mainly makes me car look standard especially since the previous owner took off the Zetec S lip.

Ah all these idea's i get thrown at me. Its great how ST parts are now considerably cheaper. However, i will not colour the back diffuser the same as my car like most ST's as i think this is a big characteristic that stands out from the blue.

Did you say i can get bulbs to for the front where they look clear when off then orange when indicated and such? I think they're called Silva-tec am i correct?

lol No Bank likes me mate, but im sure ford and E-bay love me, :P

if you havent already purchased the drl's, id leave them and fit a set of white leds to the side vents on the fog lights in the ST bumper just like the other guy with the white st on here has done.

and your rear diffuser looks goot in dark gray next to the blue, i got mine sprayed peugeot graphite gray to go with the silver, and i eventually plan to fit an Bastuck Oval duplex exhaust by febuary 2013 one Stainless oval tip on either side of the rear diffuser fin.

regarding the silva-tec bulbs,

it is possible to change the wing mirror bulbs and rear bulbs to silver that shine yellow but the front headlight indicator units are clear bulbs with a yellow lens so these can not be changed, i would like yo purchase a ford headlight in the same design formaiton as the existing ones but with a clear indicator lens, but sadly this is not currently an option on the market.

so here are the bulbs,

Wing Mirror:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ab8845d4d

Rear Indicator:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cc6dbff32

and wear some latex gloves when handling/fitting these bulbs because finger prints can tarnish the silver coated finish on the bulbs resulting in the spread of light becoming impaired :)

Front upper ST grill looks sweet!! I am tempted!!!

I see from your "do-to" list window tinting is on the agenda - great mod mate!!

Got the rear door and tailgate tinted on mine. Medium tint on tailgate and light tint on rear doors. The difference it made to the car was amazing. Made it look like a premium and exclusive model straight away.

Looks awesome paddy, I will be popping to Ford tomorrow to place an order for one of these! Do you have the part number mate?

Looks awesome paddy, I will be popping to Ford tomorrow to place an order for one of these! Do you have the part number mate?

the part number for the ST upper Grill is Finis:1538478

Cost: £27.00

but you can buy it from ford on eBay to save you the trip: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19d27c50e6

I bought all my Genuine Ford parts from Vale autos ford parts on eBay they are a genuine ford dealership and may be cheaper than purchasing from your local dealer too.

Thanks Liam, I'm debating how dark i want the sections and whether to tint them all same.

Rh1no, that link Lenny has supplied is definitely a good option, it came within 2 days and is actually official part. If you need any help when fitting it drop me a message. It is pretty much easy tho if I'm honest, really self explanatory.

Cheers boys, ordered ;)

Im starting to feel that im one step behind you guys lol

ive just purchased the grill that you guys are removing didimiss.gif

tomorrow i will purchase the ZS lower grill and a set of these light brows to finish the front end

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140684531554?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D140684531554%26_rdc%3D1

followed by the gloss black painting of the grills& fog surrounds next month and colour codeing of the brows.

maybe spray the chrome bonnet lip gloss black too

Im starting to feel that im one step behind you guys lol

ive just purchased the grill that you guys are removing didimiss.gif

tomorrow i will purchase the ZS lower grill and a set of these light brows to finish the front end

http://www.ebay.co.u...1554%26_rdc%3D1

followed by the gloss black painting of the grills& fog surrounds next month and colour codeing of the brows.

maybe spray the chrome bonnet lip gloss black too

Now your showing off Lenny! Ha. Ive had them brows in my eBay basket for a month now i was really unsure wether to buy them. Il wait see how they look on your focus. I do kinda wish i gloss blacked my grill now before putting it on, but i think il get the initial look first then do the odd bit spraying.

Did say your going to spray the chrome lip black? :blink: wow Lenny i thought you loved your chrome ^_^ . Nice choice though, for my colour car i think chrome looks tatty and too standard.

Hi guys,

The st grill looks really good, may have to order one myself :)

Lenny, I thought the grill that the st one replaces was standard on all mk2.5 foci??

Might buy the st lower grill too and cut it to fit the normal bumper at some point :S

Now your showing off Lenny! Ha. Ive had them brows in my eBay basket for a month now i was really unsure wether to buy them. Il wait see how they look on your focus. I do kinda wish i gloss blacked my grill now before putting it on, but i think il get the initial look first then do the odd bit spraying.

Did say your going to spray the chrome lip black? :blink: wow Lenny i thought you loved your chrome ^_^ . Nice choice though, for my colour car i think chrome looks tatty and too standard.

Hi mate lol,

i like chrome but im not in love with it, and since the titanium lower grill will be replaced with the zetec s one the only chrome that will be left is the rings on the fog light housings,

and ive had a long thought about the chrome lip and i dont think gloss black would suit the flow of the car since the light brows will bring the bonnet lower and give the car a more aggressive appearance i think the chrome strip would be best colour coded to carry the flow line of the brows from left to right across the front of the car. rather than spraying it gloss black making the grill look bigger.

Lenny, I thought the grill that the st one replaces was standard on all mk2.5 foci??

Their are three types of upper grill on the mk2.5

i currently have the stock one fitted, that is the one that comes fitted to the style, zetec, titanium, and ghia

see here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ESTATE-2008-2011-Front-Grille-Not-Zetec-Models-/140778581034?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c70eac2a

the grill you have is specific to the zetec s covers more of the bumper at the bottom of the grill and sticks out a bit further than the first one and looks like this here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FOCUS-S-MK3-FRONT-GRILL-AND-BADGE-/270971006343?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f17216d87

and finally the third one is the st upper grill see here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FOCUS-ST-MK3-FRONT-GRILL-/280874124456?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41656704a8

Ive had them brows in my eBay basket for a month now i was really unsure wether to buy them. Il wait see how they look on your focus.

Guten Tag Ive just purchased a set mate, i got them on a best offer bid of £18.00 but the Postage from Germany via DHL is £24.12 so all in they cost £42.12 but ive translated the description on them and they come supplied with 3M adhesive and some additional glue to fit them and are already primed ready for painting, plus i reckon they are the best looking light brows on the market for the mk2.5 but just thought id let others know about the pricey postage that isint that noticeable prior to purchase.

ill upload some pictures of them in primer finish sitting on the headlights when they arrive

Pics when fitted Lenny :)

of course,

i will create a thread entitled focus mk2.5 headlight brows,

once they arrive and i will post some pictures of them fitted in primer grey and then again next month when the have been colour coded and properly fitted to the car.

Every time I read this thread I feel compelled to start modding my car lol