Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Anyone Driving A Capri

Jammin0990

Hello,

I'm looking to get a Capri for my next car and I've done a bit of research into what to look for like rust and to watch for the general condition of the bodywork/engine. I was just wondering if there are any Capri drivers who could advise on any other things to watch when buying a Capri second hand? I really fancy a MK3 either 1.6 or a 2.0l. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Make sure you fit the concrete handling pack to keep the back end in line. ;)

Haha, funnily enough someone said the same thing a while ago :P. I was told to buy some slabs and stick them in the boot :lol:

I wonder if Ford has a Finis code for 100lbs of readymix. :P

With the 1.6 the problem was more understeer rather than oversteer.

Check the front anti rollbar bushes. They are right at the front of the car rather than behind the engine like todays cars and are open to the elements. Easy to change provided the mounting points havent corroded.

Both have Pinto engines and should still be able to source parts easy enough. If possible, go for a 2.0S as it was so much better than the 1.6. I drove both in my youth and loved the shape and the driving position.

With the 1.6 the problem was more understeer rather than oversteer.

I managed to throw the back out on a 2.0 quite easily :P

Seriously though- the steering can take a bit of getting used to coming from the luxury of power steering but the ride and pure drive ability makes up for that in spades.

I had one for just over a year before the gearbox went and wish I was able to have one now.

If looked after they still look gorgeous.

the pinto engine can suffer from a worn camshaft the oil feed pipe above it use to block up if the oil was left to get thick, replacing the cam is a simple job but the head has to come of due to the cam going in from the rear of the head, also a clunk from the rear axle could be the voide bushes worn, as for them being tail happy this could be cured by fitting a skorpio kit if you can find one, if not stick tothe slabs.

I wonder if Ford has a Finis code for 100lbs of readymix. :P

found it mate rolleye11.gif

Capture-2.png

Roflmao.

Trust you to come up with that. :D

Roflmao.

Trust you to come up with that. :D

drive1.gif

im surprised it hasent been done before, i did google image it before i took action in to my own hands

See the call out number : Brickey wag.gif

You truly do crack me up mate.

I really do believe you need to wear better masks at work.

Something is definitely getting through.

Hahaha, love it :D. Thanks for the comments guys :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club