Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus CL keys, should it not have remote keys?

cartref

Hi, I'm new and I have a Focus CL TDDi Vreg four door and I already have a question!!

Can anyone confirm whether my CL should have remote three button keys or was it such a basic car from new that FORD did not think it was worth the effort and only allowed the manual key???

I bought it secondhand so it only came with one manual key and no handbook!

Hi, I'm new and I have a Focus CL TDDi Vreg four door and I already have a question!!

Can anyone confirm whether my CL should have remote three button keys or was it such a basic car from new that FORD did not think it was worth the effort and only allowed the manual key???

I bought it secondhand so it only came with one manual key and no handbook!

not all models had the remotre locking, my dads CL didnt have it either and it was a Y reg

oh,oh- looks like I've made a big mistake, I've got 2 keys coming from eBay which cost me approx. £45 and now I find that my car is too basic to have these remote keys!!!!!!!!!

oh,oh- looks like I've made a big mistake, I've got 2 keys coming from ebay which cost me approx. £45 and now I find that my car is too basic to have these remote keys!!!!!!!!!

unless anyone knows otherwise i would suggest your car doesnt have remote locking

oh dear, i suggest you contact the seller ASAP and ask to cancel the order but pay something towards relisting fees. usually if i make a !Removed! up on eBay i offer to pay the postage if its not massive.

if you do order a second or third key, you need 2 keys that can start your engine to programme any new ones. so you would need to take a trip to ford to get them cut and programmed. i got a quote today for 2 new keys cut and programmed, £150 but thats the remote type. £100 if i supply the keys.

I'll just put the keys back on eBay.

I asked my local main dealer Ford last week whether they could get me the remote keys for my car- they took my Number plate and VIN numbers and said no problem - £160 for two keys.

Today I asked them to confirm this and reminded them it was a CL model and they said to ring back tomorrow to confirm it!!!

I can confirm remote central locking is not a standard feature of the CL spec focus.

thanks for that SierraYankee99

ive just noticed, did you get your name from one of the many police programmes on tv? :P possibly sky cops? :P

No, I got it originally when I joined FFOC back in 2004. Wanted a really original name that no-one ever had. As I was thinking the local police helicopter (SierraYankee99) hovered above my house. Thats how it began and its stuck with me all along through the different clubs.

No, I got it originally when I joined FFOC back in 2004. Wanted a really original name that no-one ever had. As I was thinking the local police helicopter (SierraYankee99) hovered above my house. Thats how it began and its stuck with me all along through the different clubs.

ahh cool, very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks for all the help, I fixed the problem by buying remote unlock from eBay and it took me 20 minutes to install it, all for £55 I now have two remote blippers that lock and unlock the car!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club