Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outer Window Weather Strip Removal

s.jsutton

Hi all.

Can anyone explain how to remove the outer bottom window weather strip on a rear door of a MK3?

Have haynes manual which describes how to remove glass and tells you you have to prise off the strip, but this is after removing the door card and inner window rubber.

Are you required to remove the inner strip to allow movement in the window so you can then prise off the outer, or can it be done from the outside without going down the road of removing the door card etc.

The strips on my rear doors are bubbling up, I have some replacements from a scrappy [mondeo spares] that are in good nick and want to swap them this weekend, but the haynes way seems long.

Any advise much appreciated.

hi they are so easy to take off and u dont need to strip door dwn either just start from front edge of door and gently lift up with small screw drive then just pull up by hand,but obv gently pulling up on new1s as they will bend slightly but will go back ok

• Like 1

Thanks Peter.

Was hoping it was a simple one.

I just opened the windows on mine and gently pulled the strips skywards. Very easy to do!

Job done. About 1 minute per side, couldn't have been easier.

Thanks guys.

no prob mate had same prob with mine when i brought it lol

• 7 years later...

Hi I am proud owner now of a 1998 mondo saloon , I'm looking for full set of door to window glass weather strips . 

Ellisozzy@gmail.com any door would help but after all ,

kind regards Ozzy 

Whoa.. thread revival 😉

Welcome, They weren't cheap when I looked when I had my ST24 (W reg)...quick search on eBay gets this...https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mondeo+mk2+door+weather+strip&_sacat=0&rt=nc&Brand%20Type=Genuine%20OEM&_dcat=14768  check fitment though.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club