Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clunk On Braking - Mk2 Focus 1.6 Zetec

GavChap

Any ideas what a clonk/clunk when braking would be?

It happens braking gently or hard, I've only just got the car (from a dealers) and didn't pick up on it on the test drive.

It happens only once when braking, then you speed up and it'll do it again when you apply the brakes, even a little. Sounds like it's from the driver's side, but could just be because that's where I'm sitting.

I'm thinking it could be a delaminated brake pad, or slightly loose pad? Any other ideas? I got an AA warranty with the car for 3 months.

Mrs ford ka does this tightened up the wheel and seemed to help for a while think its a loose disc pad have you checked

I haven't had a chance to check anything yet. Just wanted some pointers at what else I might need to look for. I'll try tightening up the wheel bolts, see if it's that. It was just MOT'd on Monday with no advisories, so they should have picked anything up, the discs look more or less new (no lip) and there's loads of life on the pads.

got the same issue on the passengers side got new suspension arms and bushes ford couldnt find the cause either

got the same issue on the passengers side got new suspension arms and bushes ford couldnt find the cause either

You've currently got this issue? or has it been resolved by new arms and bushes?

I get a clunk if I set off with the air con on, the first time i come to brake theres a clunk. Had the car since March, nothing bad has happened yet. Put it down to possibly being something to do with the compressor coming into life.

happens when braking guys so the compressor is not the answer on mine its defo the passengers side yet not all the time which is even odder

Mine is currently in with the dealers being fixed now. They think it was the pads rattling. Hope so.

could be mine are a bit worn now and due to get changed soon

Got it back now, it was the pads, they changed them, now it's fine.

result then my old man had suggested the pads but they look fine so i thought not mine need done anyway so hopefuly im the same