Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Help!!

Dizmoo

I'm just about to buy a nearly new 1.6 Zetec S tdci but I'm getting confused with the models!! I've looked at two in two different places and outwardly they look the same. The details provided with the cars read the same too!! But one had an ecoboost badge on the back and one didnt. Are these two different cars and if so what are the differences?? Thanx

Ecoboost or 'Econetic Technologies' badge - Ecoboost is petrol, I believe ??

Yes Ecoboost is petrol.

Quote from wicki.

"EcoBoost is a family of turbocharged, direct injected gasoline (Petrol) engines produced by the Ford Motor Company. Engines equipped with EcoBoost technology are designed to deliver power and torque consistent with larger displacement, naturally aspirated engines while achieving approximately 20% better fuel efficiency and 15% reduced greenhouse emissions than these same engines. Relative to the power output and fuel efficiency of hybrid and diesel technologies, Ford sees EcoBoost as an affordable and versatile alternative and intends on using it extensively in future vehicle"

The 'Econectic Technologies' badge didn't appear on the early models but is now fitted to the 2012 models. Mine was supplied in July 2011 and does not have this badge. Think it only comes on the models with stop/start fitted but will stand corrected ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club