Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Fiesta St Info

Mark M.K

Hi all,

Not sure if anybody has noticed, but Ford have placed the new Fiesta ST on their site. It dont give much away but there are some nice images and a small amount of info about what the Fiesta will have.

You can also sign up to be kept informed by Ford for when the ST is released in 2013 :)

http://www.ford.co.u...icles/Fiesta-ST

From what i can notice, the ST will be given a 6 speed gear box, about time!

That does look amazing & the specs are nice to but you know it's going to be like £20k for a fiesta. I don't think I could ever justify spending it. You could buy so much more car else where for that kind of money

That does look amazing & the specs are nice to but you know it's going to be like £20k for a fiesta. I don't think I could ever justify spending it. You could buy so much more car else where for that kind of money

Have Ford actually announced any pricing for the Fiesta ST yet?

I struggle to believe that the list price will be £20k when the Focus ST is starting at £21995... Considerably undercutting the Astra VXR.

I see the Fiesta ST beaing priced competitively against the Corsa VXR, so probably in the region of £18k.

Of course, give it a few months after launch and there will always be room for negotiation...

No what I was aiming at is a Fiesta Metal Has a rrp of £16k so obviously they're going to charge more for this and I don't see it only being £2k more

No what I was aiming at is a Fiesta Metal Has a rrp of £16k so obviously they're going to charge more for this and I don't see it only being £2k more

I'm not so sure... Focus Zetec-S is only £2800 less than the Focus ST.

Even so £18500 is a lot of money for a Fiesta "hot hatch" that isnt even that hot, whereas the corsa is significantly faster and not much more expensive. The ST fiestas have always had a could do better attitude in my eyes. They have the potential to be something special yet Ford underpower them and charge over the odds for it

thinking the same as marcr1 dont see the point in paying even 18k for a fiesta when as you say you can get so much more car elsewhere. but if they give me a good price for my s1600 then who knows lol. but as it stands what ever the price its gonna be to much for a fiesta

I notice that the st has a central armrest unit, it looks quite garish with the red seats and if it is aproaching 20 thousand pounds its far too much, bet its nearer 17.

thinking the same as marcr1 dont see the point in paying even 18k for a fiesta when as you say you can get so much more car elsewhere. but if they give me a good price for my s1600 then who knows lol. but as it stands what ever the price its gonna be to much for a fiesta

I agree! It's a good looking car but I'd rather spend the extra £3k ish or whatever it would be and get a focus ST would feel like much more car for your money and it's a properly fast!

Even so £18500 is a lot of money for a Fiesta "hot hatch" that isnt even that hot, whereas the corsa is significantly faster and not much more expensive. The ST fiestas have always had a could do better attitude in my eyes. They have the potential to be something special yet Ford underpower them and charge over the odds for it

I don't really call 0-60 in 6.9 seconds "slow" The corsa VXR does it in 6.8 seconds, so it's only 0.1 seconds faster. Also take a look at the co2 ratings when compared:

Fiesta ST - 139 co2

Corsa VXR 192PS - 172 co2

The fieata will sneek into band E which is only £120 a year, Corsa pops into band H at £195 a year!

I'd say Ford would price it at around £17,995 which would be about right.

I just used a corsa as an example. It's still 12 more bhp and has a turbo. There's a lot of nice hot hatches around in the same price frame. Seat Ibiza bocanegra, Renault clio 200, mini cooper S, Abarth 500 & punto. But yes we can't all comment until they release the prices

I spy armrest (mentioned above), cruise control, climate control, ambient lighting & better positioned window switches - all very good :)

I just used a corsa as an example. It's still 12 more bhp and has a turbo. There's a lot of nice hot hatches around in the same price frame. Seat Ibiza bocanegra, Renault clio 200, mini cooper S, Abarth 500 & punto. But yes we can't all comment until they release the prices

The ST will have a turbo to get that much power out of a 1.6. everyone is at this game of small engine with a big horse power now

Whilst not wanting to put down a good looking version of the Fiesta and the probable performance it will no doubt have, in my opinion you only get a real shove in gear at 'normal' driving speeds from a well sorted td.

I can well remember my first test drive of the td Skoda Fabia vrs, now that felt pretty brisk much faster than the figures given, also had a test drive in the latest dsg fabia vrs which felt too fast for the size of the car, a real scorcher.

Getting back to the st , no doubt it will sell as fast as they can make it, as you get a bit older you realise that 0 to 62 mph is not what counts its the complete package of road holding, stopping power and in gear go etc.

I can well remember the droop snoot rs 2000 with a mate getting one.

Any how thats my views for what its worth, and yes I am a perol head at heart( but own 2 diesels) and for my recent 'big ' birthday was fortunate to drive several supercars at 3 sisters race track Wigan, the best being a Lamborghini Gallardo- now that was flipping fast.

Not keen on that front grille :unsure: just my 2pence worth ;)

As Ross M, I think the grill on INath's is far better looking

As Ross M, I think the grill on INath's is far better looking

You're too kind ;)

Another vote here for Naths grille! I reckon the new ST grille looks like one of those fish that swims round with its mouth wide open

Still awaiting those grilles Nath?

Good to see the colour dot matrix screen in there and the option of Sat Nav too. I'm hoping and praying that it will have an option for Xenons or even better have them fitted as standar like the new Suzuki Swift Sport. From a video I saw people say the ST looks a lot better in the flesh and that red is not a good colour for this car. I'm also hoping they make it available in a few more colours other than the standard Fiesta ST ones. Sea grey would be nice. Then again I'm still not sure on that front end!

Can we please spare the comments about lack of power. It's just pure willy waving when people start talking about their cars being point second of second faster than this and 3 tenths faster than that etc. I think some people forget just how quickly a second is over in. <_<

I think the ST will be plenty fast enough in it's class and from Fords wording should be able to put it to the road well unlike the Polo Gti which can stuggle due to it's so so chassis. In gear this should walk all over the current Clio 200 which is also on the heavy side!

There will no dought be a mountune upgrade and various remaps to take power upto 200 - 210 bhp for those who want more ooomph.

I might get shouted at for this - I absolutely loved my Fiesta but having now driven something else around for a week I feel that, for the money, the Fiesta is seriously lacking in many areas.

My Leon has actually cost me less to buy than the Fiesta did three years ago (yes, I'm aware it's an outgoing model so the deals are good, but even so - I purchased the Fiesta in 2009!) so in theory they should be on a par.

They're not - the Leon is hands down a much better car. The ride is better, it handles better, it's much more powerful, the seats are better, the thing feels better screwed together, it's loaded with handy little features such as the under seat storage compartment, anchor points in the boot, the trip computer is actually useful, the bluetooth and iPod integration are completely seamless, the satnav is inbuilt and fabulous, it runs bi-xenons as standard, and on and on and on...

My point is that this ST will cost even more money, and looks cheap at best inside. Even at 17K it'll have to compete with some serious competition - and I'm with those who think it'll cost more.

I might get shouted at for this - I absolutely loved my Fiesta but having now driven something else around for a week I feel that, for the money, the Fiesta is seriously lacking in many areas.

My Leon has actually cost me less to buy than the Fiesta did three years ago (yes, I'm aware it's an outgoing model so the deals are good, but even so - I purchased the Fiesta in 2009!) so in theory they should be on a par.

They're not - the Leon is hands down a much better car. The ride is better, it handles better, it's much more powerful, the seats are better, the thing feels better screwed together, it's loaded with handy little features such as the under seat storage compartment, anchor points in the boot, the trip computer is actually useful, the bluetooth and iPod integration are completely seamless, the satnav is inbuilt and fabulous, it runs bi-xenons as standard, and on and on and on...

My point is that this ST will cost even more money, and looks cheap at best inside. Even at 17K it'll have to compete with some serious competition - and I'm with those who think it'll cost more.

I agree - I adored my Fiesta but the step up to a Focus did highlight some things that the Fiesta lacked... subtle touches like soft touch plastics lower down the dash, more solid feel etc. But then you have to think, the Fiesta competes with Clio's, Corsa's and such where producing a cheap but fun little car is key, whereas the Leon and Focus are in Golf territory which demands more quality.

The ST is the flagship Fiesta, and will be the most expensive. Most people buying a Fiesta will probably look longingly at the ST in the showroom, but then actually buy a 'normal' one when their head over rules their heart (I know I would!)... but it's the few who will buy the ST because they see the good parts above it's weaknesses (and of course have deep pockets!) that will ensure that it's got a small loyal following.

I will certainly give it a look when it arrives though ;)

It's a bit unfair to compare a Fiesta to the next car class up. Bigger cars demand a better drive and finish.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club