Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise From Rear Focus

vegas

Hi I have a focus & when I'm driving I get a creaking noise from the rear sounds like its coming from inside the boot somewhere ,,,,,can anybody help,,,,

Have you checked your suspension, bushes and springs?

Yea all look fine could give a closer inspection but defo sounds like its from inside

Yea all look fine could give a closer inspection but defo sounds like its from inside

wheel brace tapping off the wheel jack?

Most likely cause is either boot lid stops need adjusting or rear seat release catch needs adjusting I know that sounds crazy but I've spent hours in cars finding squeaks rattles and knocks and these are culprits on focus' you didn't say what age your focus is if it early 1998-2005 then this is very likely places good luck :-)

May sound like a stupid suggestion, but look at the parcel shelf. That is notorious for little squeaks and rattles.

Had a Mk2 Mondeo that had a squeaky rear, drove me mad (quite literally) eventually got really loud and I ended up stripping out the entire rear, parcel shelf, seat, plastic trims, wheel and tools, still there, this time louder. Was about to put it down to an anti roll bar or suspension link as it was far worse over bumps and stuff.

The one day in the work car park chatting with some colleagues, I lent back on the rear hatch and it made the squeak. I did it again and it squeaked, I could now see there was about 4-6mm movement on the rear hatch from where the rubber blocks it closes against rest. All this time the hatch was moving around in the latch hold down squeaky against the rubber seals. Five minutes last with the hold down latch and blocks adjusted, job done! Goes to show it can sometimes be the most obvious thing that you completely rule out for it not being obvious!

Good luck with your squeaky!

• 2 weeks later...

Update squeaking noise is sorted it was the tailgate catch on the striker

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club