Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Cruise Control

Bladerunner

Ahhh thats a massive help thanks! I see what your on about now.

Im sure i could just move the wires around so that its connected up, but i see what you mean about it being a bit hit and miss. Might be hard to work out what go's where.

I guess just buying on is much less hassle though. Just activating it is the problem! ;P

I just don't want to buy a wheel, then end up not being able to find anyone with the IDS -.- lol

This is the problem I have. Dose no one know of someone in the South that can do it??

well if anyone wants a steering wheel then i have one...

Turns out my car doesnt have the required wiring :-( so i cant do this mod. (should have checked before i bought one Doh!)

£80 delivered (which is exactly what i paid), send me a PM if you want it.

I just don't want to buy a wheel, then end up not being able to find anyone with the IDS -.- lol

This is the problem I have. Dose no one know of someone in the South that can do it??

Well it's 3 1/2 hours Drive from Lancaster and 2 ish from Portsmouth, so consider it a Road trip to Sunny Milton Keynes.

Red Bull Racing is there, but probably won't let you in.. Bletchly Park (Station X) is nearby and of course it has the Concrete Cows (and the Concrete Cow brewery) and erm...I'm at a loss to think what else to say about Milton Keynes, Maybe Nathan can think of something better...

Oh and I can't guarantee sun either.....

Not exactly much in MK unless you like to go indoor snowboarding...I'm sure if you ask nath nicely you can come to some sort of agreement to meet halfway or something

Little far is that lol, 170 miles ouch.

As per Jack's request for photos of the connecter from a steering wheel with cruise control:

If these are not right, just let me know.

b619a955.jpg

e3332bc6.jpg

e5c34226.jpg

Thanks the photos are spot on!

The only thing is, it has made me so much more confused! I was expecting 5 more wires going into the other side or something! But theres only 2 exta there (someone correct me if I'm being stupid).

So now I'm not so sure it will be an easy swap around :/.

The only thing is, it has made me so much more confused! I was expecting 5 more wires going into the other side or something! But theres only 2 exta there (someone correct me if I'm being stupid).

Correct, as some of the wires join up with the stereo only 2 additional pins are used on the plug.

Correct, as some of the wires join up with the stereo only 2 additional pins are used on the plug.

Right, so 5 extra buttons, but only 2 extra wires :wacko:. There isn't a 2nd white plug there is there?

Also, how is all the middle of the wheel taken out?

Thanks the photos are spot on!

So now I'm not so sure it will be an easy swap around :/.

from what i can see, there are 4 wires coming from each set of buttons yet only 7 entering the white connector block... there is defintely no other connector block

there is however an earthing point and 2 spade connectors

has that added to your confusion??

As Nath said earlier, its probably easier to just get the full steering wheel (have i mentioned that i have one for sale lol ;) )

Right, so 5 extra buttons, but only 2 extra wires :wacko:. There isn't a 2nd white plug there is there?

Also, how is all the middle of the wheel taken out?

Thre will be a common feed and a lighting circuits in the wheel controls, so I guess my iniital thought thtat it's simple switches is wrong, and it must be resistances.

Taking it out without damaging the wheel is an art, Ford and the Haynes manual method would damage the wheel, I'll leave it to Nathan to describe his artwork or removing it without damange, however remember it's live had has some battery backup so you need to disconenct the battery and leave it for 10-20 minutes before trying to avoid accidentally tripping the air bag behind the wheel centre..

Ahhh great, I guess its just easier to buy the buttons then! :P

What a shame I can't do this on the cheep!

Ahhh great, I guess its just easier to buy the buttons then! :P

What a shame I can't do this on the cheep!

Even if you buy the buttons you need to remove the airbag... If you look at Kens first photo of the wheel there are two hooks about on the centre line There are clips in the airbag module that clip into that,. Fords way is to puncture the wheel at the small indents that are at the back of the wheel at about 4 and 8 o'clock (you may need to look at you wheel ) and push in a screwdriver to disengage them, Nathan does it without damage by removing the steering column cover and going in that way. Having seen him do it I could probably do it myself given time, but it's hard to describe.

Cheap depends on what you mean, Ford won't do the job at all, they only sell Fiesta Titaniums with Cruise control so anythings cheaper than Ford's options, and in my case I paid £60 for the wheel and sold the wheel without the insert (as I said remember it's a half leather one) on for £30, so it was not that expensive. Nathan also activated Powerfold Mirrors and again I bought the parts used and sold the non power fold ones on for about half way I paid for the power folds.

Nathan has costs too and that needs to be put in but overall I paid £150 in total for two features Ford would have never given me in a dealership as they were not factory fitted.