Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Rds Eon Problem. Help Required.

Col 999

I have the CD working fine, but get no sound when in radio mode. Anyone with an ideas ?

Have you checked the aerial connection?

Yes. I have checked that and it seems ok. I was thinking there may be a MUTE setting that could be on, but with the CD being ok, it got me stumped.

Does the radio pick up new stations when you scan?

If not then there has to be an aerial fault anywhere from the connector on the radio all the way up to the aerial mount on the roof.

It could be a corroded wire, a loose connector or even rust/contamination on the roof mount threads.

Worst case is the tuner in the radio has failed.

Thanks for that. I picks nothing up at all. I will set to and check through the system as you suggest. Might even swop the unit into my mis uses car ( another mondeo ) to see if it works in there. If all checks out ok, looks like a visit to e-bay. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

Make sure you have the radio codes first though.

Yes, got them thanks.

Ok bud.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't end up with two radios that didn't work,

;)

Just an update. Tested the radio in my other Mondeo. Nothing. Radio must be u/s. Replacement being obtained. Thanks again for the assistance.

• 8 years later...

Hi I recently bought a Ford Focus 2005 secondhand or third hand (unsure how many owners in Australia), it's the European model. I've got a car radio problem model 6000CD RDS E.O.N, I can't seem to get the radio to even work it's blank on the screen when I turn the ignition on. Thinking code, but need to get it to turn on for that to happen, I thought about pulling out the unit to find the serial number which I will attempt to do but first I have to get the radio working. The car hasn't come with any manuals so I don't even know where to find the fuse box to check the fuses and which ones they maybe located at (was straight forward as I thought nutting that out after watch you tube videos). My daughter relised it doesn't come with a AUx connection and freaked out ( yes I saw the AUX hack ).I just want to get the radio going for starters. May have to use the coat hanger wire trick to get sterio out re serial number on casing. Could anyone give extra advise on those fuses locations or a direct replacement for this model that fits in designed area if all that fails, so I can have radio on in the car when driving. Cheers Simonne ☺

Try fuse 31 in the passenger compartment fuse box located under / behind glovebox. The 2004 models use a 15 Amp and the 2005 models use a 20 Amp for the radio/CD

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club