Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cant Get Gear Knob On

suddste

Hi,

Decided to get a new aluminium look gear knob for my car since the original one looks a bit tatty.

Cant seem to get the new one on to catch the thread properly so it starts to screw down. The old one still does this when I try to put it back on. Ive already got the new one replaced in case it was faulty.

Any ideas? The gear knob definatly is compatinle with my car - ive checked

Try a loop of insulating tape around the gear stick threads.

See if that helps to grip the gear knob.

It sounds like the new gear knob has a different thread pitch, try looking down the thread hole with a torch to see if you can see any difference, although on some threads the difference may not be visible to the naked eye.

It sounds like the new gear knob has a different thread pitch, try looking down the thread hole with a torch to see if you can see any difference, although on some threads the difference may not be visible to the naked eye.

have already looked into the hole, cant see the thread on both!

If it won't screw on it can't have the same thread, providing the original gear knob will still screw on; therefore the new gear knob is not compatible. :unsure:

If it won't screw on it can't have the same thread, providing the original gear knob will still screw on; therefore the new gear knob is not compatible. :unsure:

I thought this but the seller did check with Ford with my reg and they said that it is compatible :blink:

I thought this but the seller did check with Ford with my reg and they said that it is compatible :blink:

If it wont go on, it can't be, or it's from a dodgy batch. :wacko:

this is an un-educated question mate,

but is it a genuine ford gear Knob?

and what is the finis code if it is?

these may be what you need if it is fairly loose

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-OF-4-GEAR-SHIFT-KNOB-THREAD-ADAPTER-NUT-REDUCER-INSERT-OD-16MM-ID-3-8-16-/310410822862?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4845ed44ce

this is an un-educated question mate,

but is it a genuine ford gear Knob?

and what is the finis code if it is?

yes genuine mate, FINIS: I beleive is either

1 054 416

or

A95AX 7K217 AA

(those are the numbers on the box)

i had both of these on my mk1 with no issues

post-8800-0-19996000-1341345341_thumb.jppost-8800-0-59244400-1341345342_thumb.jp

i had both of these on my mk1 with no issues

post-8800-0-19996000-1341345341_thumb.jppost-8800-0-59244400-1341345342_thumb.jp

yeah, mine is the pic with the white background.

How did you get it on? Just screw it back on like the original one?

yes genuine mate, FINIS: I beleive is either

Finis 1054416

or

Part Number: A95AX 7K217 AA

(those are the numbers on the box)

sorry to say mate its specific upgrade for the ford Ka models range from 1996-2008

id repackage it and get a refund or exchange from ford on it.

http://www.pyemotors.co.uk/parts/shop/ford_part_type.php?model=Ford%20KA&id=1133

its also for the mk1 focus zetec unless thats a different finis code but they look identicl and yes it screwed stright on just as the other one in the pic does there should be a thread visible inside the gearknob sometimes you have to push them down as youre !Removed! them on before the threads catch bi=ut that gearknob does and should fit or send it back and ill sell you the other one pictured

sorry to say mate its specific upgrade for the ford Ka models range from 1996-2008

id repackage it and get a refund or exchange from ford on it.

I'm certain it's for focus' also though. They even checked my REG with Ford's

How did you find out?

i had it in my mk1 so it should be fitting

i've no idea why not lol, it just spins freely on the stick nothing happens. The original is exactly the same size as the new one as well

no idea mate unless theres no threads inside the gearknob ide do the other for a tenner posted

no idea mate unless theres no threads inside the gearknob ide do the other for a tenner posted

I dont know if that'd even work either mate. I've had two of the same already both do the same

mk1.5 may have a different diameter of thread, i just checked it on this ford dealers website, and i assume if it was to fit other ford models too, that they would list them in the advertisment because it would be in their interest to sell to as broad a market as possible.

http://www.pyemotors.co.uk/parts/shop/ford_part_type.php?model=Ford%20KA&id=1133

mk1.5 may have a different diameter of thread, i just checked it on this ford dealers website, and i assume if it was to fit other ford models too, that they would list them in the advertisment because it would be in their interest to sell to as broad a market as possible.

http://www.pyemotors...rd%20KA&id=1133

yes I guess thats why then. Are there any mk1.5 gear knobs availible that look nice?

same gearbox etc if a mk2 and 2.5 knob fits a mk1 its unlikely that the mk1.5 would be different has to be a faulty one or for the ka as stated im stumped all i know is ive had both on the mk1 anyway the offers there if youre interested

same gearbox etc if a mk2 and 2.5 knob fits a mk1 its unlikely that the mk1.5 would be different has to be a faulty one or for the ka as stated im stumped all i know is ive had both on the mk1 anyway the offers there if youre interested

Thanks but I really dont think it will work because two different ones havent worked

yes I guess thats why then. Are there any mk1.5 gear knobs availible that look nice?

im not sure to be honest i wouldnt like to recomend any to you encase they dont fit neither mate,

but if arthscot has one for sale and its gurantee'd to fit then id go for that option,

all i can say is it came off my mk1 1.8 zetec and it was on there for 2 months i kept it for the mk2 but it already had it fitted so its sitting in the shed all the gearboxes are ib5 thats mk1 all the way to 2.5 so the threads are all the same size ford etius will tell you the gearbox is also ib5 ford dont change these things mate

im not sure to be honest i wouldnt like to recomend any to you encase they dont fit neither mate,

but if arthscot has one for sale and its gurantee'd to fit then id go for that option,

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club