Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Police Just Stopped Me

suddste

I always said you were special anyway Dave. :P

Cheers Stoney!! and after i stuck up for you earlier on this thread!! lol

Handcuffing and leg restraints training tomorrow!!

Then the week after that is PAVA and the final assessments... Then I'm done until attestation!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stoney871

• NorthSussex

• TDCiST

• jeebowhite

Ah Pava, lovely stuff, It nips like a swine.

Particularly effective on dogs, that's why nobody carries CS any more as dogs are immune to it, they just snort to clear their sinuses and crack on.

diff sectors there lenny.... traffic cops sit by road side to stop a holes doin 160km on 100km road to prevent ppls families being wiped out by little boy racers tat never grow up .. up the garda siochana!! brill job boys

cold2.gifI come on here to get away from youcantlook.gif

icon_lol.gif did the chain on the sink break princess? :wub:

diff sectors there lenny.... traffic cops sit by road side to stop a holes doin 160km on 100km road to prevent ppls families being wiped out by little boy racers tat never grow up .. up the garda siochana!! brill job boys

Good on ya VickiC. :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lenny, we do our best and like to be loved like the rest of you. :rolleyes: As for Gemma giving her a tug is one of the perks of the job. :wub:

Any time stormin if you get a hot officer ofcorse I'm gonna put the charm on ;-) xx

Any time stormin if you get a hot officer ofcorse I'm gonna put the charm on ;-) xx

Police can be charming too. ;)

Ofcorse they can stoney and if there hot added bonus :-D love banter with the local bobbys. Xx

I got pulled over dropping my GF off at the pub (Her work) becuase the police wanted "a little chat". It was about 6pm winter so very dark. i pulled out of an uphill bend with a junction and mounted the curb to get around an oncoming car with its lights blaring at my face. I went on my way to drop my GF off 300 yards away and it turns out the car I drove up the curb to get around, was infact a marked police car. YES MARKED! I didnt know how i didnt see it as i am usually quite good at noticing things. It was only when i got to the pub i realised it was the police. He had two other police cars called in for me because he thought i drove away from him. He let me on my way though because i spoke politely to the three police officers who got out of the car.

oops. ;)

But they were nice and can see why they wouldve pulled me over if i was them.

lol, thats an interesting story, how you missed a marked car I dont think I will ever know, but in the dark even the blatently obvious can be anything but!

lol, lesson for the day, dont undertake a police car, or mount the curb around him, and certainly dont dart straight in the direction of the pub with blues and two's behind you ;) lol

I've been pulled once for a routine stop check and they were really nice. I have maximum respect for the police as I do for my friend who's a traffic cop.

They're just doing their jobs and I respect that :)

I don't like people who complain about them.

I've been pulled once for a routine stop check and they were really nice. I have maximum respect for the police as I do for my friend who's a traffic cop.

They're just doing their jobs and I respect that :)

I don't like people who complain about them.

Me neither :P

I'm glad of the Police doing stop checks on motorists, lock up the drink drivers, uninsured and unlicenced! Afterall, we work hard to pay for our cars, why shouldn't they!

I'm glad of the Police doing stop checks on motorists, lock up the drink drivers, uninsured and unlicenced! Afterall, we work hard to pay for our cars, why shouldn't they!

completely agree!! been stopped twice in two weeks since getting the S1600. didnt bother me on both occasions as after all my details checked out both officers had a little chat about the car. was nice to see and on both occasions the way they spoke to me was very good. cant fault them where i live. they have alot of boy racers to deal with driving like idiots!!!

I always said you were special anyway Dave. :P

Well stoney... And for everyone else in the job/know...

I Passed!! With flying colours it seems..... Attestation mid August.. Then the real training starts!! Lol

Well stoney... And for everyone else in the job/know...

I Passed!! With flying colours it seems..... Attestation mid August.. Then the real training starts!! Lol

Congratulations Officer.

Welcome to the dark side, ;)

Congrats mate :)

The chat on here about random police checks calls me to remark on a couple of incidents when I was a Bus Driver, first in Leeds and then inWest London after I moved. I used to work for Yorkshire Rider buses in Leeds and worked out of Bramley bus garage to the West of the city but at the time I lived in a place called Seacroft over on the East side. the distance between them is about 15 miles. At the time my own car was a somewhat rare Vauxhall Firenza and it often got curious glances,(By strange coincidence there were 2 of us in the garage that had them!) This car for some reason hated wet weather and was always missfiring when it got damp. Well early hours one morning after a long late shift myself and a colleague who lived near me were on our way home in heavy rain when we were aware of blue flashing lights behind us. The Yorkshire force at the time had a reputation for some reason of picking on lone motorists and finding every fault they could with their cars, so I was somewhat apprehensive as to this lots ideas! well anyway I pulled over and cracked open the window as the cop walked up to my car. the first thing he said was , "can you turn the engine off," to which I replied "no,as if I do you'll be towing me home since the engine will not restart in this weather." I could see a smile beginning to form on his face and then he looked deeper into the car, spotted we were both in uniform and the smile faded, "Oh, theres 2 of you! " "Yes" I replied,"what can we do for you? we've just finished work and would like to get home." I could see his mind working out an awnser, and all the time the rain was soaking him. "Oh it's ok, we just wondered why such a classic car was on the road at this time of night?" "well now you know" I said, "so if you dont mind we'll be on our way" He looked at me then said, "Err, yes ok, goodnight gentlemen" and with that he was gone. As we drove home my mate remarked on what might have happened had I been on my own with no witnesses !

The second incident happened in Hounslow, West London, again an early hours finish and a 7 mile drive home, My car this time was a 2.3 litre Capri .mk 2. Again a blue flashing light and this time a little Mini Metro Panda car pulled me over. A young copper got out and I awaited his greeting, He came up and said, "Is this your car etc? " I told him it was, He again clocked my Bus Drivers uniform and realised who he'd pulled over. "Just finished work then?" he asked realising the obvious," Yep" I said "whats the problem?" " Just checking" he said, then came up with, "This car is supposed to be black according to our computer!" I looked at him and said "then your computer has screwed up i'm afraid, It is Neptune blue metallic, It is a Capri 2.3 GL and it was built in Saarluis in 1976! Anything else you need to know?" "How do you know all that?" He asked looking bewidered, "Easy, I'm a member of the Capri Register so know the full history of this car!" I replied. " just looked gobsmacked, "Oh ok then I'll make a note of your information. Have a good drive home sir" I then had a thought and said, "Just as a matter of interest, what would you have done if I hadn't stopped?" I grinned to show I was not being arsey about it, "Probably chased you." he said, I looked at his Metro, then at my Capri and said "In THAT?" and laughed, I could see the look of despair as he realised that the Mets current choice of Patrol car was simply ridiculous! I bade him goodnight and went home.

lol, liking the story alan! speaks volumes, maybe in the older days, the bully boy tactics where a bit more rife in the force, but I think nowadays political correctness, and the mere threat that the slightest mistreatment could cause weeks of arguments, meetings, investigations and stress for the force and the individual officer, has helped to improve the philosophy!

lol, liking the story alan! speaks volumes, maybe in the older days, the bully boy tactics where a bit more rife in the force, but I think nowadays political correctness, and the mere threat that the slightest mistreatment could cause weeks of arguments, meetings, investigations and stress for the force and the individual officer, has helped to improve the philosophy!

I'm no bully boy and if you insinuate that again I'll come round and kick you in the plum pouch.

;) :P :D

Andy, congratulations on the passing of the exam, (I missed your post earlier!) as for you Stoney, well what can I say? :P

eesh, you make a generic comment of the possibility of the past and some people think your takling about them? me wonders if Stoney has a dark past that he doesnt want to let out? :P ;)

I have to say though, I much prefer my plum pouch to be left in a working format!

eesh, you make a generic comment of the possibility of the past and some people think your takling about them? me wonders if Stoney has a dark past that he doesnt want to let out? :P ;)

I have to say though, I much prefer my plum pouch to be left in a working format!

No secrets...honestly ;)

Ok, yer plums are safe.

For now!

:P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club