Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Bulbs

gc88

Hey,

So the LED side lights are done.

Next are the main and dipped beams!

I've tried scanning a few different threads but thought i'll start a new post anyway!

Dipped beams -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-H7-12v-55w-Cosmos-Blue-HID-class-xenon-gas-bulbs-/220783562251?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3367b9ce0b

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-H7-55w-SUPER-WHITE-HID-XENON-CLASS-UPGRADE-BULBS-/220818953619?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3369d5d593

Don't really see a difference apart from colour? I presume both are 'plug and play' and will give better visibility at night than the standard yellow bulbs? Both legal as 55w?

Main/Full Beams -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-H1-12v-55w-Cosmos-Blue-HID-class-xenon-gas-bulbs-/370393401983?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563d2aca7f

Is this right? H7 for dipped, H1 for mains?

Both pictures for the pacakages on the two blue ones are the same, implying exactily the same bulb!

Can someone help me?!

Thanks

(oh and how dangerous is eBay on the bank account!)

Hey,

So the LED side lights are done.

Next are the main and dipped beams!

Is this right? H7 for dipped, H1 for mains?

Both pictures for the pacakages on the two blue ones are the same, implying exactily the same bulb!

Can someone help me?!

Thanks

(oh and how dangerous is Ebay on the bank account!)

Yes thats correct mate H1 is high beam and H7 is low beam,

also eBay is a leathel threat to your credit rating and your bank account. it can capture your heart & consume your mind.

to be honest the bulbs you have linked are cheap quality for the same price you can buy some Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs and trust me they are a massive difference ive got them fitted in mine,

but for the H11 fogs ive got some Cree Q5 H11 they are 6000k white and match the parking bulbs to replicate a HID Kit

Cree H11

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c27bb30d6

H7

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cfd56936f

H1

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c58093463

the cree H11 are not very bright but they look just like HID's and match the parking bulbs for cruising at 7pm with the parking bulbs and fog ligts on lol

but when fitted along with the Osram Nightbreaker Plus H7 and H1 bulbs you dont notice the lack in performance from the cree H11

Consume my mind? More like consume my hard earned..

I am getting confused as other websites say h4s not h1s?

And white, or blue?

Consume my mind? More like consume my hard earned..

I am getting confused as other websites say h4s not h1s?

And white, or blue?

trust me mate, ive upgraded mine in late may of this year, they are H1 and H7

a blue tinted bulb will give a white light but dark blue tinted bulbs are not very bright due to the tint they have been dipped in to give the white effect also impares the light emitted from them,

and eBay consumes your mind, because you start to think about the things you saw on eBay and wonder how good the focus would look with those items i have in my eBay watch list lol

Osram nightbreaker plus is the way to go, mate. I have had mine in for 8 months, with L.E.D. sidelights. No problems and great illumination.

Awesome, sold!

So lenny i get one set of each you linked, but not fogs, I don't use them.

I eagerly await the postie. !

Awesome, sold!

So lenny i get one set of each you linked, but not fogs, I don't use them.

I eagerly await the postie. !

im sorry posted the links now because i know if it was me that was buying them my missus would kill me, i can still remember the scoulding i got from her last may when i purchased them, tickedoff.gif....dunno.gif

you will also need to purchase one of these mate, http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c8450cad

because you will fill it on the first time you take the focus out at night with the Osrams fitted,

i had to change the clock on the dash to 24hr format the headlights were so bright i couldnt tell the difference in 11am and 11pm coffee-screen-smiley.gif

Anyone got any pics of the Osrams?

I would look into them now but because I bought the Mtecs I can only exchange them for the 55w versions and they don't sell the Osrams :/

Anyone got any pics of the Osrams?

I would look into them now but because I bought the Mtecs I can only exchange them for the 55w versions and they don't sell the Osrams :/

what picture would you like sir,

a picture of the headlight with high and low beam or a picture of the light distance ?

I've ordered some Philips xtreme vision bulbs which are meant to be similar to Osrams in performance, as my cousin swears by them. Got my original bulbs in at moment and they look and perform pathetically.

what picture would you like sir,

a picture of the headlight with high and low beam or a picture of the light distance ?

Both would be awesome mate! :D

Both would be awesome mate! :D

Its taking a long time to get dark so here is the osram nightbreaker H7 & H1 high and low beam from the headlight units.

Image2090.jpg

Image2089.jpg

Image2086.jpg

Image2085.jpg

Here is Low Beam Osram Night Breaker Plus H7

Image2101.jpg

Image2093.jpg

Image2095.jpg

Image2096.jpg

Here is Osram Night Breaker Plus High Beam H7 & H1

Image2098.jpg

Image2094.jpg

Look good those Lenny!

yeah they are quality bulbs,

im up at 6am lol but i got you the pictures required and uploaded lol

So these are much better than the Mtechs i just bought? Are they white/blue?

I wouldn't say they look that much better to be honest...just my opinion though.

So these are much better than the Mtechs i just bought? Are they white/blue?

their a sort of white mate, i never had the mtechs so i cant compare them to the osram nightbreaker plus bulbs and my camera is a 1.8mp on the back of my Nokia 6303 Classic with the flash off so the quality of the pictures isint fantastic but i think the bulbs are better than the stock ones.

Mate, Its worth spending a bit extra for a HID Kit, Even better quality and Nice white tint on the beam.

Mtec Blue :P

Care to run outside and get some photos quickly?

Are you Mtecs the blue or white ones?

Cheers bud:)

I would but I fitted the wrong wattage bulbs so I'm sending them back for the road legal ones.

They're called Mtec Cosmos Blue but they are very bright white :)

I would but I fitted the wrong wattage bulbs so I'm sending them back for the road legal ones.

They're called Mtec Cosmos Blue but they are very bright white :)

100Watt bulbs will always be better than any 55watt thats why you reckon the Mtec Cosmos were better than or the same as the osram Night Breaker plus, because you had 100watt versions of the Mtec Cosmos bulbs fitted but compare again when you have fitted the 55watt road legal Mtec cosmos bulbs

I have the 55w Mtec Blue, and il take photos for you tonight ok? I can take them in the day too if you wish but i don't see massive point.

Watch this space