Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Bulbs

gc88

Hi

Are led sidelights road legal , I see them mentioned a lot and was thinking about changing mine but I want to be sure they are road legal , also if they are , are they a big improvement over the standard bulb?

At present I have Philips bluevision bulbs.

cheers

I got some xenon effect led's off eBay and fitted as sidelights and also in rear reg plate, am really pleased with them, fitted approx 8months ago and passed mot fine! Have had no problems with them, i've read some threads where leds have blown from the heat of main halogen lamps so be careful which ones you go for....

There is no legal concerns witl LED sidelight bulbs.

good to know , without highjacking this thread what leds should I go for that people have that have had no issues with?

good to know , without highjacking this thread what leds should I go for that people have that have had no issues with?

These are the one's I fitted. Won't throw any error codes like some LEDS do. Put a set in my reg plate as well, looks the nuts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-XENON-WHITE-501-T10-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-LED-SIDELIGHTS-/310253267548

100Watt bulbs will always be better than any 55watt thats why you reckon the Mtec Cosmos were better than or the same as the osram Night Breaker plus, because you had 100watt versions of the Mtec Cosmos bulbs fitted but compare again when you have fitted the 55watt road legal Mtec cosmos bulbs

Fair point pal :)

These are the one's I fitted. Won't throw any error codes like some LEDS do. Put a set in my reg plate as well, looks the nuts

http://www.ebay.co.u...S-/310253267548

Does'nt seem to have them on sale anymore , is there any other places that people have got there led sidelights from?

Really want some now after checking my sidelights last night ,they have gone orange again ,they are bluevisions and were a nice white when new but they seem to have deteriorated over time.

cheers

Does'nt seem to have them on sale anymore , is there any other places that people have got there led sidelights from?

Really want some now after checking my sidelights last night ,they have gone orange again ,they are bluevisions and were a nice white when new but they seem to have deteriorated over time.

cheers

Ive got these fitted in mine,

Parking bulbs:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4162fee4f1

Reg Plate bulbs

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item53e58c8548

How bright are the sidelights Lenny , dont want to get pulled , are they installed on your pics you posted on page 1 of this thread?

cheers

their not blinding mate,

ill get a picture up for you later.

Hi Lenny , before I get some of these , are they a white light, dont want any blue tinge that can be found on some leds?

are they still going strong in your focus , I want something that's going to last.

cheers

Hi Lenny , before I get some of these , are they a white light, dont want any blue tinge that can be found on some leds? are they still going strong in your focus , I want something that's going to last. cheers

Hi mate,

very sorry for the delay in response to you on this one,

the LED Bulbs dont show a very good picture during the day but here they are in the picture below,

they are 5smd can bus T10 w5w 6000kelvin LED Bulbs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-SUPER-W5W-T10-501-5-SMD-HID-LED-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-INTERIOR-/130693982695?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6df7e9e7

as white as you can buy in led form mate, and they look alot better at dusk

pitty my camera on the phone doesnt capture the leds illumination very well its only a 1.8 megapixel :rolleyes:

Image2121.jpg

cheers for the pic lenny , i got the ones from your eBay link further back , i take it they are the same. cheers

cheers for the pic lenny , i got the ones from your ebay link further back , i take it they are the same. cheers

no problem mate,

they are all the same, and if the previous link was from me, then you have bought from the same supplier as me so they will be identical,

dont forget to switch on the lights before you put it all back togeather because led's only work when inserted in one direction,

and it would be a pain in the glass (as they say in hollad)

if you had to remove the headlight twice just for the sake of turning the led around. ;)

no problem mate,

they are all the same, and if the previous link was from me, then you have bought from the same supplier as me so they will be identical,

dont forget to switch on the lights before you put it all back togeather because led's only work when inserted in one direction,

and it would be a pain in the glass (as they say in hollad)

if you had to remove the headlight twice just for the sake of turning the led around. ;)

no what you mean ,its hard enough fitting bulbs in the headlight the first time round! :lol:

• 2 years later...

since my excellent xenons are now made by someone else and not as good and not that convinced the osrams are worth the money i bought autobulbs cobalt II the vid shows how good they are and cheaper as well by half done on the same stretch of road

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club