Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 - Anyone Else Own & Have Plans For Upgrades?

Erskineg

I've had my Focus 1.6t 180 ecoboost for a month now and i'm starting to wonder what will come available in the aftermarket arena, anyone have any ideas for upgrades?

Cheers

I've had my Focus 1.6t 180 ecoboost for a month now and i'm starting to wonder what will come available in the aftermarket arena, anyone have any ideas for upgrades?

Cheers

euro pean parts in germany are a top supplier, ive purchased items from them a few times and they have alot of new kit for the mk3 focus and more on the way, so its worth having a look http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=141&osCsid=k1uujjfi1vpqf8p9au5ha5l153

euro pean parts in germany are a top supplier, ive purchased items from them a few times and they have alot of new kit for the mk3 focus and more on the way, so its worth having a look http://www.european-...qf8p9au5ha5l153

Cheers Lenny, saves me asking my next question about where to get DRLs! :)

I've noticed some stuff on the internet recently for the MK3 and am really tempted to start tinkering... just want to enhance it really than go over the top.

Looking at European Parts, I want the illuminated gear knob... seen it in the Fiesta and it looks fantastic. Tempted by DRLs and LED rear lights too. This might start getting expensive :P

Also need to pluck up the courage to start taking things apart! :blink:

your looking at 220bhp from a remap at celtictuning.co.uk wow id defeinatly be tempted! :D

Hi,

I've got the 180 zetec s on lease at the mo but will be buying it in the next month or two so I'm planning my mods already:

Debadge - Quick and Easy (can do myself)

Dechrome - Black Vinyl (may talk to professional wrapper or give it a go myself)

Tints for front windows - Very light so it stays on the legal side (back has factoy tints)

Eibach Lowering Springs - 30mm drop. Seen them on European Parts for approx £145 + shipping, been speaking to Ford Dealer and they will source and install springs for £480 which includes tracking. Bit steep and I reckon I can do it cheaper by not using Ford.

That's all I've got planned at the mo, all should have a visual effect on the car and I'll do more performance related mods later on.

Cheers

Arif

I've noticed some stuff on the internet recently for the MK3 and am really tempted to start tinkering... just want to enhance it really than go over the top. Looking at European Parts, I want the illuminated gear knob... seen it in the Fiesta and it looks fantastic. Tempted by DRLs and LED rear lights too. This might start getting expensive :P Also need to pluck up the courage to start taking things apart! :blink:

DRL's will be on my list also, still have no idea why ford havent made these standard on the new focus - i thought it was compulsary these days!?

your looking at 220bhp from a remap at celtictuning.co.uk wow id defeinatly be tempted! :D

Hmmm 40bhp gain from a remap? possibly the best remap in the world!!? seems abit farfetch, but hell if others do it and get this gain i'm on board!!

But yeah i would look to remap the engine - seems to struggle at pull off so hopefully that would rectify that issue... saying that i've not gone passed 3k revs in gears 1-5 yet.. 6th is a different story! ; )

Hi,

I've got the 180 zetec s on lease at the mo but will be buying it in the next month or two so I'm planning my mods already:

Debadge - Quick and Easy (can do myself)

Dechrome - Black Vinyl (may talk to professional wrapper or give it a go myself)

Tints for front windows - Very light so it stays on the legal side (back has factoy tints)

Eibach Lowering Springs - 30mm drop. Seen them on European Parts for approx £145 + shipping, been speaking to Ford Dealer and they will source and install springs for £480 which includes tracking. Bit steep and I reckon I can do it cheaper by not using Ford.

That's all I've got planned at the mo, all should have a visual effect on the car and I'll do more performance related mods later on.

Cheers

Arif

Sounds good Arif, im planning on keeping my mods simple too, thought about tinting and the vinyl wrap so when you've got it sorted it'd be good to see how it looks :)

No plans to lower (yet) remap will be my first upgrade to performance then i'll see what else is available.

Hmmm 40bhp gain from a remap? possibly the best remap in the world!!? seems abit farfetch, but hell if others do it and get this gain i'm on board!!

But yeah i would look to remap the engine - seems to struggle at pull off so hopefully that would rectify that issue... saying that i've not gone passed 3k revs in gears 1-5 yet.. 6th is a different story! ; )

yeah they did my diesel from 115 to 152 'claimed' i have my doubts tho :P

yeah they did my diesel from 115 to 152 'claimed' i have my doubts tho :P

I could understand that from a diesel.. but as i said if it happens i will be in line to buy one!! ha

Just looking through eBay this morning after reading through this and found these which are simalar to the standard drls but they don't look like xenons, thoughts lads.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OUT-FORD-FOCUS-MK3-08-11-BLACK-R8-DRL-LED-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMPS-/320895708411?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab6dfecfb#ht_755wt_689

Just looking through eBay this morning after reading through this and found these which are simalar to the standard drls but they don't look like xenons, thoughts lads.

http://www.ebay.co.u...fb#ht_755wt_689

they look good mate,

but if your focus is a mk3 then they wont fit because the are designed for a mk2.5 even though the listing says a mk3

You sure they look the same as mine on the 3

Hi, no reason why a remap wouldn't be able to give at least 30-35ps more, here http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=2&variant=2542 are claiming 30ps for my engine varient. It is the torque increase though, not the ps, you should be looking for.

Chris

You sure they look the same as mine on the 3

yes sorry to say im 99.999% sure mate,

the listing says mk3 focus 2008-2011 and the 2008 model headlights are different to the mk3 2011 headlights

but ask the seller if you dont believe me,

Use of the MK system is not a Ford thing, it's something garages and owners use.

Ford only recognise cars by build year.

When buying parts it's best not to go by MK but by year of build or you may end up with incorrect items.

Some sellers go by full numbers only and others by the -.5 notations.

There fore the latest Focus could be described as a mk5, a mk3 or a 2012 model.

It can be annoying and confusing.

Arrrr rite nice on guys major save on lennys part for me I owe you a beer fella.

Arrrr rite nice on guys major save on lennys part for me I owe you a beer fella.

i havent had a drink since last december mate lol too busy spending on the car,

and i saw a new focus in a car park yesterday and i must say i love the gloss black grills on the front,

i cant wait till next month when i get my Zetec S grills sprayed gloss black too.

Lenny Lenny you doing it yourself or paying someone?

Im debating doing it myself...(depending on how my fogs turn out!

Lenny Lenny you doing it yourself or paying someone?

Im debating doing it myself...(depending on how my fogs turn out!

im paying a body shop to do it for me mate,

iths eatrher that or buy the paint and laquer in hallfords and since ive done the rear view mirror ive realised it would cost me around 100 euro to paint the grills myself buying the stuff from Halfords,

but the guy i know that sprayed the zetecs kit for me was 80euro for the front lip and another 80 euro for the rear diffuser so i reckon he would be 80euro or less for the spraying of the grills and all i would have to do is fit them and admire lol im getting very lazy, but i cant paint neither mate i dont have the patience for it applying layers and stuff.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club