Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Tail/brake Bulbs - Opinions/advice Needed

BrownMotoring

Hi,

I'm considering changing the tail/brake bulbs and wouldn't mind some opinions and advice about whether it's worth it and if so what to go for.

So far my current Philips Vision Plus filament bulbs take some beating if I'm honest, they're brighter and quicker than Ford's stock bulbs and that's my main concern/criteria. I have tried a variety of LED, some were no better, many worse, several just went pop in a little cloud of smelly cheap eBay/Chinese manufactured smoke.

However, I've spotted these but would appreciate your feedback. Would also like to hear from folks who have found any LED brake/tail bulbs that are an improvement over the stock Ford ones, especially brightness when braking.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-1156-BA15s-P21W-Cree-Q5-12-SMD-LED-7W-Car-Light-Bulb-/120882214586?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c252436ba

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18SMD-CAN-BUS-LED-P21-5W-BAY15D-1157-Stop-Brake-Tail-Car-Light-Bulbs-RED-/270996445868?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f18a59aac

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=150826748981&nma=true&rt=nc&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D150826748981%26_rdc%3D1&si=zb3i2J5snUzXA8bb4ctCx8bNvak%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Ta all!

I bought these . You'll have to ask jmbrown91 what they look like from the rear as he's always behind me :P

dscf1638r.jpg

dscf1785b.jpg

that sounds wrong on so many levels!

But yes, the pictures don't do them justice..they look a lot better in person

Okay, get a room! Anyway, they do look good. What's the view on the spider bulbs. How do they compare with the stock Ford bulbs for brightness? Also, white or red LED's? I'm guessing white could look too pink.

These look really good and effective, i bet they look good from the back.

Bright LED's, tried getting some for my car, but i cant find the right bulb to fit it.

The ones i previously brought but would'nt work with side and brake on, only worked as one loom which was very strange.

Anyone that can help?

dscf1785b.jpg

I take it those aren't the 42 LEDs you recently told me you have for your number plate!? Or is it just the photo - looks like the plate is hardly lit up at all :s

I take it those aren't the 42 LEDs you recently told me you have for your number plate!? Or is it just the photo - looks like the plate is hardly lit up at all :s

They are, but had to adjust setting on camera to make brake lights show also dimmed the white LEDs out.

They are, but had to adjust setting on camera to make brake lights show also dimmed the white LEDs out.

Ah, I see.

:)

Any what 42 LEDs are these may I ask? My next agenda shall be bulb changes and looking to see what I can get :)

Any what 42 LEDs are these may I ask? My next agenda shall be bulb changes and looking to see what I can get :)

These are the bad boys nathan has over his licence plate - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320862376822?clk_rvr_id=362296247208&afsrc=1

Purchased and paid for :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club