Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Everything Rattle?

Tato

Don't know if it's only me but I've started to have problems that really annoy me with the Mk7 Fiesta. Honestly this is one of my nightmares in a car. I would rather prefer to change a part and not struggle to find a rattle somewhere in the car. Plus, how can a car which was used for less then 1 year rattle so much?

But what does rattle?

1. The left plastic cover of the tachometer.

2. Something in the back of the car, probably coming either from the rear window of the car or from the plastic underneath it.

3. I think that even the Speakers might rattle

The question is easy, how do I fix all these problems without selling the car? :D

I still have many plans for my Fiesta but somehow I am always turned down by these rattle issue. This is one of the things that I don't want in my car. When I get mad and hear all those noises and think about the E46 (year 2000) that I had and realize how much gap there is between different car manufacturers. Honestly I would have expected this but only after using it for 2-3 years.

I have to remind everybody that I've first drove the car on the 2nd of August 2011.

Have a great weekend!

I to have this problem, where they are i dont no. But i have three very annoying rattles so i just crank the music up more to drown them out.

I have the speaker rattle, will be ripping door cards off over next few days, it's clips apparently that fall off.

I was thinking of getting the ST Fiesta, but to be honest I've been really let down by the quality; a rattle after just over 9 months, 2 new wheels needed due to buckles, door seals coming away, the rear badge on mine is going rusty; god knows what it'd be like after a couple of years...

Mines got almost 40000 miles on it and mines got a fair few rattles now. The door Speakers I kinda sorted although not entirely by taking the door cards off nd tightening everything up. Then I refitted the door cards and packed the gaps between the door pocket and the door card with a thin rubber.

I also had the passenger a trim rattle and fixed that by taking it off and putting a thick draft excluder from b and q on everything that might touch the metal

ATM I got a rattle in the boot, I'm sure it's the trim because I took it off and put the draft excluder in it and reassembled it and it was fine but after three or four weeks of peace it's back with a vengeance.

Build quality is not that great it would appear. That's why I'm seriously considering a switch to a focus zetec s. it's just finding the right one at the right price.

Regards

Adrian

I've got a definate squeak/rattle coming from the offside rear corner, it's either the offside rear passenger door or the suspension.

It only happens while driving and can't shake the car to make it happen (i.e as if it is suspension) so I'm confuzzled.

"Does everything rattle?"

Short answer Tato: Yes! :(

;)

Don't know if it's only me but I've started to have problems that really annoy me with the Mk7 Fiesta. Honestly this is one of my nightmares in a car. I would rather prefer to change a part and not struggle to find a rattle somewhere in the car. Plus, how can a car which was used for less then 1 year rattle so much?

But what does rattle?

1. The left plastic cover of the tachometer.

2. Something in the back of the car, probably coming either from the rear window of the car or from the plastic underneath it.

3. I think that even the speakers might rattle

The question is easy, how do I fix all these problems without selling the car? :D

I still have many plans for my Fiesta but somehow I am always turned down by these rattle issue. This is one of the things that I don't want in my car. When I get mad and hear all those noises and think about the E46 (year 2000) that I had and realize how much gap there is between different car manufacturers. Honestly I would have expected this but only after using it for 2-3 years.

I have to remind everybody that I've first drove the car on the 2nd of August 2011.

Have a great weekend!

2. I know how to take care of that: take apart all the plastics on the boot lid, the wires connecting the wiper motor and rear heater came off their holders.... just tighten the holders, and use some tape.....

My Fiesta is 3 years old, and apart from that rattle which I sorted out had no other rattles (knock on wood)

2. I know how to take care of that: take apart all the plastics on the boot lid, the wires connecting the wiper motor and rear heater came off their holders.... just tighten the holders, and use some tape.....

My Fiesta is 3 years old, and apart from that rattle which I sorted out had no other rattles (knock on wood)

Imma gonna try this....

"Does everything rattle?"

Short answer Tato: Yes! :(

;)

That makes me feel sad...It's been to shot and I am already thinking of switching the car...although I really love the look of my Fiesta.

Will try it out soon, hopefully I can fix it because it's really annoying.

Thanks blade!

That makes me feel sad...It's been to shot and I am already thinking of switching the car...although I really love the look of my Fiesta.

Same here, but not just because of rattles.

Same here, but not just because of rattles.

What other issues you had with the car?

What other issues you had with the car?

Nothing major really. Its mainly just seeing new cars come out and wanting them lol

Niggles I've had apart from the rattling are a very annoying and embarrasing rubbing noise when turning, but now also when on a straight and when braking. Also general road noise and the ride quality - that may change in a week or two as I may be changing from 195/45/16 tyres to 195/55/16.

My tyres are still road legal and have quite a bit of thred left, however they are causing a rubbing noise that has been driving me mad for months.

(Went to the dealer who identified the noise by lubricating the inside of the tyre walls on both front wheels - the noise vanished immediatly - however since raining etc the lubricant has washed off and the noise has returned. I rang the Ford Customer Relations number who basically said theres no problem or safety issue, purely an annoying noise so they couldn't help, and it wasn't their tyres anyway. To which I said I understand that but I can't complain to the tyre company as they'll say well Ford chose to put them on your car not us. I also said can't you even do a Ford Good-will gesture and give me discount off new tyres from a Ford dealer, as having a new Ford vehicle make this embarrasing chuffing noise isn't a good advert for yourselves - answer: No).

So the cars booked in at another Ford dealer Wednesday coming just so they can confirm the tyres are the problem - then if so I'll probably replace all 4 for 55 profiles rather than 45s (just to try and get a more comfortable and maybe even slightly quieter ride - someone on here did this with his titanium fiesta and said it was a big improvement, and thats how the titaniums should have came from the factory). Fingers crossed.

I still love the car, but its issues like this that annoy you. I'd saved hard to purchase a brand new car with a warrently to avoid the daily annoyances/problems I had with my old second hand car. I've since been told new cars aren't always perfect either.

Nevermind.

Will try it out soon, hopefully I can fix it because it's really annoying.

Thanks blade!

I am always here to help! ;)

Oh god please don't get me started on the rattle. I have my music on so loud I rarely hear anything. But my ipod battery died last week and I am going insane!

Oh god please don't get me started on the rattle. I have my music on so loud I rarely hear anything. But my ipod battery died last week and I am going insane!

As I can see the Fiesta can easily get a good place in top 3 rattle battle :D

As I can see the Fiesta can easily get a good place in top 3 rattle battle :D

Worst thing for me is that mine used to be a driving school car and it still has all the dual controls in (just no pedals).

So that rattles around when I drive at speed. Plus I have another strange noise that I am now hearing that I am going to try sort out on my day off.

mines a year old,some strange sqweaks from the door and sun visor but nowt that bothers me,apart frm the rattle from the boot but that might b the inflation kit that i hate,not gonna take it out yet till i find a spare for my car 1st

Just thought I ought to mention that my recently acquired fiesta has an intermittent resonance coming from around the speedo binnacle at 10000 miles on the clock!

Now I also own a 6 yr old Volvo xc70 which at certain revs vibrates from the cup holder behind the hand brake but that's all in nearly 70 thousand miles.

Whist we all would expect rattle free motoring in this day and age but we are not with the Fiesta paying for Top quality, its a basic car in the scheme of things so with that in mind I think we either buy a boring gutless souless Japanese car or the fun handling and comfort of the Fiesta (had Nissans)

Anyhow that's my view for what it's worth.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club