Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Position Of Egr On 2008 2.0 Tdci

Danny Sayer

Hi I was looking at removing egr valve on Monday and cleaning it. I am having trouble locating it in the engine bay. Also is it easy to remove. Pictures would really help. .thanks.

dont have acess to a 2.0 mate im sure if you took a pic I or someone else could point it out for you.

unless anyones got a better idea :P ?

Hi I was looking at removing egr valve on Monday and cleaning it. I am having trouble locating it in the engine bay. Also is it easy to remove. Pictures would really help. .thanks.

pic up we can point it out...or wait til later il get one up

Can't work it out from pics sorry mate, follow the intercooler pipe to turbo and it should be near there

The EGR is attached directly to the Inlet Manifold.

It's under here i believe.

EGRLocation.jpg

This is what you're looking for-

20EGR.jpg

Look for this unit as this is the EGR cooler and is attached to the EGR where the blue ring is.

EGRCooler.jpg

It does appear to be a bit of a faff but the EGR is only held on with a cable connector, 2 bolts to the cooler and a single pipe.

DSC_0104.jpg

Alternatively try running through some BG244 additive, very good at engine cleaning.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BG244-BG-244-Pro-Diesel-Injector-Engine-Cleaner-/370619010249?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item564a9d4cc9

If its the puegeot engine remove the scuttle panel and at the rear right hand side you will see the egr stainless steel pipe going to it can be a bit fiddly to unbolt but should take no longer than ten minutes

• 2 years later...

Has anyone got a picture of the EGR unit and connections at all? I've fitted a plate on my 10 reg with 15000 miles a day after it was serviced and the oil is filthy black two weeks later. The car doesn't seem to be doing much different from when I was driving it without the plate.

is there somewhere else I can put the plate at all? It is currently under the flange you can see at the end of the pipe going to the back of the engine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Kyebromley/20140909_181317_zps581d3fd1.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 7 July 2012 at 9:44 PM, Danny Sayer said:

I have a 2007 2.0 tdci and the egr is at the back of the engine near the top on the right hand side in Front of the bulk head, you can trace the metal pipe from the inlet manifold at the front.

disconect live from battery and protect.

Locate and remove egr coolant pipe from egr cooler a small Spring clip for easier access  you may lose a tiny bit of coolant

Remove clip mount in middle of long pipe  mounted on top of the engine 

Removing appears to be easy  unscrew torques from pipe that goes into the inlet manifold then  undo 2 bolts 10 mm socket required which secure long pipe.

Remove 2 more bolts on the back top of egr valve 8 mm.

then undo 2 10 mm bolts that secure it to the egr cooler 

Then this is where the problem started for me  I find there was a Allen key bolt underneath the egr valve  which is mega awkward to get to  in the end I gave up 

Not very happy 

Don't know why there was a bowl under their security  it already seems very secure 

Hopefully on yours it doesn't have that 

if you go on YouTube type in Ford Focus 2.0 tdci egr valve cleaning it is The third one down  it's a good video but does not say about the Allen bolt 

I think it may be a pug  or Volvo  which is the same unit

i would think after 5 yrs he may just have given up on that idea.lol

• Haha 1

The NecroPoster strikes again!!! Mwahahahahaaaaaaa!!😨😨😨😨

Though he did post a helpful rundown of the steps involved...

• Like 2