Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Footwell Lights

James Rosier

Morning All!

Im looking at buying blue LED lights for the footwell!

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-led-extreme-power-1.5w-360-degree-white-blue-red-amber.html

will these do or wrong size, type, colour?

i dunno

if anyone can help.. THANKS :)

James

I found you can damage them with your legs tbh and £7 each ?

ive got these but in white but heres blue ones which are the same as the ones in your link but less likely to damage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-194-168-T10-501-W5W-7-LED-Car-Wedge-lamp-Side-Light-Bulbs-Blue-12v-UK-/300638391342?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45ff71cc2e

:)

Not sure how you can damage your legs they don't protude that far, The passenger one seems more recessed in terms of where the holder is sited and hence dimmer to my eyes than the drivers side but still looks fine. I got the same square type ones but in red to match the dash lighting from China via eBay for £1.59 delivered.

I bought the cheap ones not the ones that are suppoed to be CANBUS compatable, you don;t need ot spend extra for the canbus version.

Wow yeah that is nice thanks guys!

What LED Bulbs are needed for the rear number plate?

What LED BulBs are needed for the rear number plate?

Clicky :)

Agree with iNath. Got them in red, 12 LED cluster things. Quite bright but goes with ambient lighting. Make sure they’re wide angle or you’ll get brightly colour spot lights. Blue or red look great.

Got these on my number plate. Brighter and cleaner lighter than stock bulbs. Not as bright as iNath’s flood lights but looks good all the same and enough light. Had brighter ones before and they can look good too. (www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-T10-W5W-501-Car-White-8-SMD-LED-Side-Light-Bulb-Lamp-12V-/130701925786?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6e711d9a).

whats the canbus compatible mean?

Will errors get thrown up using other bulbs?

whats the canbus compatible mean?

Will errors get thrown up using other bulbs?

Some cars electronics don't like LED and require CANBUS bulbs, the Fiesta doesn't.

I was never sure if CANBUS was all, some or none of the bulbs on the Fes so tried some a while back and it never grumbled and I went mad on eBay, no point overspending. I've got a right old mixture, some CANBUS and some not :wacko:. Gone fully LED in/out now with the only concession being dipped, main, fogs and tail/brake (iNath's spider bulbs are still giving me a headache though, lol) which are straight bulb upgrades. Fitting LED indicators was a sod of a morning though :angry: Either way, with or without CANBUS, both work fine as far as I've found.

Cool cheers guys, ps also ordered the ones you linked Nath :-)

(iNath's spider bulbs are still giving me a headache though, lol)

...explain? :P

Ahh, the iNath induced Spider bulb headache! I've tried a few types of LED tail/brake bulbs but they've all failed to impress so I'm running a pair of Philips Vision Plus bulbs, and to be fair they are noticeably brighter - but I'd still love LED.

I'm after something more visible to following numpty's (I was rear ended recently by such a numpty) and most importantly - brighter than Ford's factory bulbs. I'd fit a pair of red flood lights if I could. I have Cree Q5's for my reverse lights but they'd be too directional for brake/tail bulbs use and make no use of the reflectors either, shame and they're properly bright.

So I've been dribbling over your spider bulbs but can't fathom out how they compare to Fords standard bulbs for brightness/visibility. I want to make sure they're reasonably numpty proof before buying. I'm off for some Paracetamol.

Just a quick question while this post is trending........ does the fiesta metal have the fittings for the footwell lights or is it a bit more complicated than buying and fitting bulbs?

Ahh, the iNath induced Spider bulb headache! I've tried a few types of LED tail/brake bulbs but they've all failed to impress so I'm running a pair of Philips Vision Plus bulbs, and to be fair they are noticeably brighter - but I'd still love LED.

I'm after something more visible to following numpty's (I was rear ended recently by such a numpty) and most importantly - brighter than Ford's factory bulbs. I'd fit a pair of red flood lights if I could. I have Cree Q5's for my reverse lights but they'd be too directional for brake/tail bulbs use and make no use of the reflectors either, shame and they're properly bright.

So I've been dribbling over your spider bulbs but can't fathom out how they compare to Fords standard bulbs for brightness/visibility. I want to make sure they're reasonably numpty proof before buying. I'm off for some Paracetamol.

If you're ever in Northamptonshire gimme a shout and I'll let you take a look ;)

Just a quick question while this post is trending........ does the fiesta metal have the fittings for the footwell lights or is it a bit more complicated than buying and fitting bulbs?

It varies as to whether Ford installed them or not, you'll need to check your car.

Passenger side: behind the right hand hinge for glovebox

30w3480.jpg

Drivers side: halfway between brake & clutch, straight up

epoc3.jpg

Yes the metal has the bulb holders as I did mine on Saturday. It's just a case of plugging them in.

If you're ever in Northamptonshire gimme a shout and I'll let you take a look ;)

It varies as to whether Ford installed them or not, you'll need to check your car.

Passenger side: behind the right hand hinge for glovebox

30w3480.jpg

Drivers side: halfway between brake & clutch, straight up

epoc3.jpg

Nice one cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club