Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tints Mk7

Anthony Coumbe

hey all. was just thinking about little mods for my S1600. was thinking maybe about getting my windows tinted. what kinda prices would i be looking at? and how good does it actually look on the mk7. cant find many photos of people that have done it...

i think it all depends on where you go for prices. how many windows are you thinking of getting tinted?

dont go to dark at the front or the rozzers will be all over you :angry:

i think it all depends on where you go for prices. how many windows are you thinking of getting tinted?

dont go to dark at the front or the rozzers will be all over you :angry:

was thinking more just the rears. dont wanna go too dark tho as dont want it to look like a van

Mine were £60 as the company were running a half price offer at the time.

Mine came with privacy glass on all rear half windows and I think it looks good so go for it if you can get a good price :)

theres a company called gorrila tintz just down the road from me. gonna get them to quote me on my day off this week

just for the rears i reckon something like 70-120 quid for the 3. i want mine tinted but going to wait until after my holiday lol.

I paid £110 for the rear 3 windows 80% tint can see through both windows only just from the outside but you can't see the seats or parcel shelf. Can see out still fine only really a problem reversing at night

hey all. was just thinking about little mods for my S1600. was thinking maybe about getting my windows tinted. what kinda prices would i be looking at? and how good does it actually look on the mk7. cant find many photos of people that have done it...

Mate this was my last car and I think tints look great !

77fb313c.jpg

This is my current car and again tinted !

5591b3d3.jpg

The Fiesta and Focus cost me £50 for fronts but go quite light - I had the lightest tint I could on the front and never have police problems !

that does look pretty smart :D

that does look pretty smart :D

I personally like tints - many say it's illegal which yes I kno but they are my cars and never had any issues - when ford tint the rears so dark I think the front clear glass looks strange and better tinted

I personally like tints - many say it's illegal which yes I kno but they are my cars and never had any issues - when ford tint the rears so dark I think the front clear glass looks strange and better tinted

yeah i dont wanna go to mad on my tints. probs a light at front darker at back, and little darker for boot.

guy across the road from me has no tints at front but so dark on back u cant even see inside...makes it look like a van!

yeah i dont wanna go to mad on my tints. probs a light at front darker at back, and little darker for boot.

guy across the road from me has no tints at front but so dark on back u cant even see inside...makes it look like a van!

My focus was like that so dark at the back

My focus was like that so dark at the back

have u got a photo chris on these tints? or u refering to your latest tints on ur new focus?

have u got a photo chris on these tints? or u refering to your latest tints on ur new focus?

My pics of my current focus and my previous fiesta are the 2 pictures on the earlier thread mate

My pics of my current focus and my previous fiesta are the 2 pictures on the earlier thread mate

haha my bad :lol:

but your tints on the back with white does work well. :D

haha my bad :lol:

but your tints on the back with white does work well. :D

Cheers for that

cheers for those pics. those tints look good. is that the ford privacy glass at the back or tints?

cheers for those pics. those tints look good. is that the ford privacy glass at the back or tints?

Ford priv glass mate

Ford priv glass mate

mine has nothing on it at all at the min. completely clear back and front.

What colours is the outside and inside? I’ve got a dark blue and dark grey inside and had aftermarket tints from Screentech Bristol at £120 for the b-pillar back at 35%. It looks a bit darker than 35% because of the dark interior. Just enough to stop nosey sods nosing in the back but still enough to look good and not look too much. Could have gone for 23% but in my case it would look too dark and van like. If the car was a light colour I’d probably have gone for the 23% though. Fords factory privacy glass is pretty heavy, 20% or less still for estates/people boxes aparently. 35% is about VW/Beemer tine. I’d say think about how it’ll look and go with gut feeling - either way it’ll improve the appearance and give a cleaner look.

What colours is the outside and inside? I’ve got a dark blue and dark grey inside and had aftermarket tints from Screentech Bristol at £120 for the b-pillar back at 35%. It looks a bit darker than 35% because of the dark interior. Just enough to stop nosey sods nosing in the back but still enough to look good and not look too much. Could have gone for 23% but in my case it would look too dark and van like. If the car was a light colour I’d probably have gone for the 23% though. Fords factory privacy glass is pretty heavy, 20% or less still for estates/people boxes aparently. 35% is about VW/Beemer tine. I’d say think about how it’ll look and go with gut feeling - either way it’ll improve the appearance and give a cleaner look.

mine is white with white alloys and blue stripes. interior is dark grey leather.

Very nice. White sporty Fes, I'd be tempted with a fairly heavy tint like the factory one, 20% or something.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club