Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Engine Oil Pressure Low

Marcr1

Hi all

I have a S1600 Fiesta which has been fault free up until today. I went down to my local go karting track and as I pulled into the car park and turned the engine off my car started beeping and a message came up on the display saying : Warning! Engine oil pressure low stop safely.

It kind of alarmed me so I checked my engine oil levels and they were fine.

I won second place in the go karting so I'm happy :)

On the way out I checked the levels again as the car had been stationary for about 2 hours and they were fine.

Does anyone know what this means? Should I take it to the garage or wait if happens again? The car has only done 2800 miles

Hi all

I have a S1600 Fiesta which has been fault free up until today. I went down to my local go karting track and as I pulled into the car park and turned the engine off my car started beeping and a message came up on the display saying : Warning! Engine oil pressure low stop safely.

It kind of alarmed me so I checked my engine oil levels and they were fine.

I won second place in the go karting so I'm happy :)

On the way out I checked the levels again as the car had been stationary for about 2 hours and they were fine.

Does anyone know what this means? Should I take it to the garage or wait if happens again? The car has only done 2800 miles

they way you have written the above post leads me to ask the question did you come second place using the S1600 or a go Kart lmao because you said you checked the oil level and it was fine, then you came second place in the race.

you are the third fiesta owner in the past 3 weeks to report this problem with your fiesta mate,

i reckon its a faulty oil pressure sensor and they cost less than £20 to replace,

they way you have written the above post leads me to ask the question did you come second place using the S1600 or a go Kart lmao because you said you checked the oil level and it was fine, then you came second place in the race.

you are the third fiesta owner in the past 3 weeks to report this problem with your fiesta mate,

i reckon its a faulty oil pressure sensor and they cost less than £20 to replace,

Lmao!! No it was in the go kart. Would've been mega fun in the S1600 though ;) reading over it I could've worded it better :P

It's still under warranty my car so I'll give the garage a ring tomorrow, cheers

Lmao!! No it was in the go kart. Would've been mega fun in the S1600 though ;) reading over it I could've worded it better :P

It's still under warranty my car so I'll give the garage a ring tomorrow, cheers

no probs mate, im just having a laugh my wording is far from eh correct, or whatever word you would say lol

James60 was one of the people who reported a fault with their oil it was his girlfriends mk7 fiesta, the engine was a 1.25 but the oil pressure switch would be the same part for both models so i reckon its a bad batch of them,

Sat in the garage now, never a good sight seeing your car in the air with a group of mechanics pointing at things and removing stuff not knowing what they're saying :-/

Sat in the garage now, never a good sight seeing your car in the air with a group of mechanics pointing at things and removing stuff not knowing what they're saying :-/

How did it go today mate?

They didn't know exactly what was wrong to be honest, they hooked it up to diagnostics and nothing came back, cleaned all the oil filter and changed the sensor but they didn't fill me with confidence, just said if it happens again then come back and they'll take a closer look. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again

Oh and I wasn't impressed with the mechanics revving the nuts off my car because it has a big exhaust... Just to see how well it echos in the garage

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club