Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water in spark plug ports

w2575

yeah 9 out of 10 times thats how it happens hence why ford really should have been doing these fixes for free in my opinion but heho

• 5 months later...

Have recently had this problem , water in plugs the first time it seemed to be the rubber seal on the top of the bulkhead allowing rainwater to cascade over the engine stuck the seal back in place and seemed to be ok. Now it has re occurred so may be water from the washer jets? also noticed that it looks as if there should be a cover over the top of the engine to protect the plug leads! any comments or solutions welcome, ta.

Have recently had this problem , water in plugs the first time it seemed to be the rubber seal on the top of the bulkhead allowing rainwater to cascade over the engine stuck the seal back in place and seemed to be ok. Now it has re occurred so may be water from the washer jets? also noticed that it looks as if there should be a cover over the top of the engine to protect the plug leads! any comments or solutions welcome, ta.

I see you have the right build of Mk2 Focus a 2005, I see you have the right problem that goes with that early build, that my thread was dedicated to. You have been given the answer to your problem in both the written word and photographs

As to your question about there being an engine cover on the Mk 2 petrol Focus, no never.

Edited by Stoney871 to remove argumentative statements.

The diesel MK2 engine has a cover but not the petrol one.

You could fit a bonnet insulation panel, It's material but will spread the water out more allowing it to evaporate before it hits the engine.

The usual fix is to seal around the base of the washer nozzles with silicone.

Isn't there a Volvo engine cover which fits? Don't have time to look for the thread but I'm sure I read it here somewhere :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

A very big thank you to Turvey for posting that link .

Those photos of the Volvo engine cover have made my day . I'd heard that there was a Volvo cover which fitted the Focus 1.6 Petrol but never saw one , thought it was urban legend stuff , I have suffered this same problem for too long myself not knowing for sure even now if it's the washer jets or core plugs (new coil + leads , set of spark plugs , upgraded jets and 3 pairs of core plugs later) so I've just added one to my shopping list to eliminate at least one of the possible causes .

Yeah Ford , good sales slogan of the time these cars were made ..........

"It maybe your car but it's still our baby" (until the recalls start 'flooding' in !)

• 4 years later...

After month of trying to guess what it is I've got a awnser. I' going to try it at weekend. I got about fed up loosing power n engine light coming on. Fingers crossed.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys do you no if this could be the same on a 55 plate fiesta 1.4 as I have just found loads of water in my spark plug holes and can't find where it's coming from inside the engine ty