Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Wing Mirror Bulbs?

Paddy H

Hi guys just a very quick one, Im after changing my bulbs in the wing mirrors to my silva tec ones. However I'm unsure which way to go about this?

Iv read somewhere tilt the mirror full forward then screwdriver in back and 'pop it out' However i kinda snapped a tiny bit plastic doing this stupidly... Nothings broke i think i caught end of something.

Can i just pop out the clear cluster part or do i need to take the whole thing apart?

Thanks

Little bump?

the plastic back simply pops off from the window side use a small flat blade screw driver and it should pop off im sure although the manual says to do as you already have

have you done this yet? i replaced mine the other day with the help of 1 small flat head i mean the little metal electrical 1's and 1 small standard size, i prised these of the side furthiest away from the window as thats where the metal clip is, the size closest to window is where it sits in place...

ive fitted the silvatec when i bought the car in 2010,

as far as i an remember you put the mirror glass facing the ground to get access to the top centre of the inside housing,

then use a flat head screwdriver to lift the clip and pop off the panel the you can slide out the indicator unit.

hardest job i have done on the focus to date is changing these wing mirror bulbs.

but the good thing is the silvatec bulbs last a long time and they havent blown on me yet.40.gif

never thought of that lenny, took me about 5 mins tops to change both sides, no scratches or dents made. learning useful tips all the time ;)

• 6 years later...

And this months award for the longest gap between posts goes to..........[emoji1787]

Btw, they are 501. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 6

• 1 year later...

Could you guys do a YouTube video replacing these as it would be the first video on youtube showing how to do this on a ford galaxy. Or even  diagram. I have tilted the mirror down and  unclipped the 2 top clips to the back plastic case but the thing is still solid

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club