Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Storage Compartment Lid

james132

Hi all, not been on in a while.

Come to the first fault with focus... The lid of the storage compartment on top of the dash has broken.

Got in the car thisafternoon and it was in the open position, pushed it back down and it wouldnt stay, the little latch part that holds it down had snapped off.

Dose anyone know where I can get one? FordpartsUK have them but im not wanting to pay £40!

ide pay the 40 quid as on abay the lid sells on its own for at leats £50

can it not be repaired?? worst case scenario you can try your local scrappy...

scrappys never have them they sell too well on eBay

Heath Robinson idea. Try glueing a magnetic catch onto the inside of the lid, if you can get hold of an old fridge or freezer, strip out the magnetic strip in the door seal, break two bits off about 5cm long and glue in.

• Like 1

Heath Robinson idea. Try glueing a magnetic catch onto the inside of the lid, if you can get hold of an old fridge or freezer, strip out the magnetic strip in the door seal, break two bits off about 5cm long and glue in.

Thanks for the idea, worth a go if I can get the manget to sit flush. Besides, anything is going to be better than it sticking up when im driving.

I wouldn't waste my money replacing it - the flimsy catches on these break alll the time, and chances are if you pay out that kind of money to replace it, you'll find yourself needing to do the same at some other point in the near future.

Best solution is to attempt to fix it and, while you're at it, engineer it so that it doesn't break again. Magenetic catch is a good idea.

Hi all, not been on in a while.

Come to the first fault with focus... The lid of the storage compartment on top of the dash has broken.

Got in the car thisafternoon and it was in the open position, pushed it back down and it wouldnt stay, the little latch part that holds it down had snapped off.

Dose anyone know where I can get one? FordpartsUK have them but im not wanting to pay £40!

leave it off and slot in the ST pod instead of it mate,

then put a perspex face on the pod add some matt black film and mount a scangaugeII

leave it off and slot in the ST pod instead of it mate,

then put a perspex face on the pod add some matt black film and mount a scangaugeII

Stop giving me ideas :D

I may have to read up on them and give it a go, seems simple, just plug into obd port and away you go.

Il have a look for a guage pod now ;)

Stop giving me ideas :D

I may have to read up on them and give it a go, seems simple, just plug into obd port and away you go.

Il have a look for a guage pod now ;)

sorry mate,

its just thats what i would do if it happened to me lol.

the OBD port in the focus can be easily located inside the dash then plug in your scan gauge no additional splicing required.

and the pod will be cheap if you can buy it without the gauges or buy it with the gauges then sell the gauge section onwards.

you can cut some perspex to fit the face of the pod but you need to make sure the scangaugeII will fit in the pod,

i will meassure the pod later and report i think its 2 inches at the highest point and 4 inches wide.

sorry mate,

its just thats what i would do if it happened to me lol.

the OBD port in the focus can be easily located inside the dash then plug in your scan gauge no additional splicing required.

and the pod will be cheap if you can buy it without the gauges or buy it with the gauges then sell the gauge section onwards.

you can cut some perspex to fit the face of the pod but you need to make sure the scangaugeII will fit in the pod,

i will meassure the pod later and report i think its 2 inches at the highest point and 4 inches wide.

If you can measure the inside of yours that would be great help mate.

Heres the Scangauge ll dimensions. 4.8" (120mm) x 1.5" (38 mm) x 1.0" (25 mm)

If you can measure the inside of yours that would be great help mate.

Heres the Scangauge ll dimensions. 4.8" (120mm) x 1.5" (38 mm) x 1.0" (25 mm)

Great Success!!

ive measured the front space of the st pod on my linch break and its 6 inches wide and at the highest centre point its 2 inches of visible space,

so 6inch x 2 inch standard visible space

so the scangaugeII will fit in the centre of the pod with 0.6 of an inch on either side and this will allow for the slope down from the 2 inches in the centre,

and the depth of the pod is 2.5 inches so plenty of space inside to flush fit the scangaugeII mate. B)

Great Success!!

ive measured the front space of the st pod on my linch break and its 6 inches wide and at the highest centre point its 2 inches of visible space,

so 6inch x 2 inch standard visible space

so the scangaugeII will fit in the centre of the pod with 0.6 of an inch on either side and this will allow for the slope down from the 2 inches in the centre,

and the depth of the pod is 2.5 inches so plenty of space inside to flush fit the scangaugeII mate. B)

Brilliant job, thanks for that.

Now its just finding the guage pod and surround.

Dose anyone know of anywhere cheeper to get the scangauge ll other than eBay or is that about the going rate?

Now going to have a read up on it ;)

Dose anyone know of anywhere cheeper to get the scangauge ll other than ebay or is that about the going rate?

perhaps try eBay USA they could be cheaper,

but if buying from america ask the seller to declare the value of the item at $25.00 and mark the item as a gift on the forms.

this will leave you paying less import tax and in some cases no import tax if the item is marked as a gift. ;)

ill buy the broken one off you

looks cool but to many settings for my liking i wouldnt know what to do with it lol

When you have decided what to do, please let us know how you to sorted the problem. :mellow:

ill buy the broken one off you

Sorry, but for the moment I wont be selling the standard part, If I was to sell the car I think i'd like to keep the scangaugell so will re-fit it if it came to that. If I do sell it though i'l give you a shout!

When you have decided what to do, please let us know how you to sorted the problem. :mellow:

Well the plan is now, after a busy day finding parts and emptying my bank account, to mount a scangaugell inside the st guage pod.

I have managed to get hold of a guage pod and surround, so thats on its way (should be here Monday)

I have also purchased a scangaugell which too should be here Monday, or even better... tomorow :D

I got into a 'buy it now' clicking rythm and may have bought a few other bits by mistake, all im letting into is the misses wasnt happy!

Is there a guide already to this or is it worth me attempting to make one?

I want to a buy a scan gauge simply for the instantaneous fuel consumption reading, but I refuse to pay £100+ for that feature when, according to the Ford handbook, it SHOULD have been activated on the standard trimp computer! :@ :@

Anybody have a clue how to activate it?

It should be activated using an ELM cable as shown in Preee's guide, focus guide section

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

It came as standard on my Mk 2,5 but should be just tick the box and it works. best to ask the question on that thread

:)

ScanGaugeII is here already! Time to have a play :D

ScanGaugeII is here already! Time to have a play :D

looking foward to the results on this mate,

keep us posted in regards to the features available on the kit.

looking foward to the results on this mate,

keep us posted in regards to the features available on the kit.

Just had a quick play with it (didnt take the car for a drive as its not mounted anywhere and various parts of my dash are removed ready for when the pod turns up) seems a cool little bit of kit.

Initially when I removed it from the box I thaught, geees.. a lot of money for such a small bit of kit. But reading through the manual excited me with so many different features.

Gauge options (displays upto 4):

Fuel system loop status, basically tells you when the oxygen sensor is being used to controll the mixture.

Manifold absolute pressure

Boots pressure (for turbo cars)

Currnet MPG

Average MPG

Trip fuel cost

Cost per mile

Gallons per hour/liters per hour

Water temp

Throttle position sensor

Speed

RPM

battery voltage

Intake air temp

Fuel pressure (not many cars will support this, my focus dose not)

Ignition timing

Engine loading, tells you how much percentage of the maximum power is available at that point in time

Horsepower, calculates how much HP your car is currently making.

All of the above the units can be changed (liters/gallons, miles/kilometres, PSI/KPA etc etc...)

Then there is the Trip computer screen which can display all of the below for current, today and previous day:

Trip MPG

Trip fuel used

Max coolant temp

Distance

Max RPM

Trip elapsed time

Max speed

Averafe speed

Trip fuel cost

Tank trips include (will be reset when you fill up)

Trip mpg

Fuel used

Distance

ET

Avg speed

Trip fuel cost

Fuel remaining in current tank

Distance remaining in current tank

Time remaining in current tank.

It also works as a fault code reader, can scan for fault codes and display, fault codes can also be cleared (Handy for service light etc..)

Iv not fully read up on the 'X Gauge' feature yet, but looks real smart, can record and store performance runs etc, will report back on that once iv had a read through.

Set up is really simple and easy to do, I have to wait untill I fill up to get it set up for the fuel figures (It takes two fill ups to complete this) and by the time I need to fill up I hope to have it mounted in the st gauge pod which is due to arrive Monday. Il also upload some pictures of the guage for size reference for anyone wanting to know.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club