Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remap, Or Remap With New Injectors?

b1g_dav3

Hey guys, thinking of adding a little poke to my Mk7 Zetec S and was considering either a remap (or a tuning box which yes I'm aware is just some resistor's in a fancy plastic package), or going for larger injectors and a custom remap to go with? I have heard of people putting in Focus 1.6 injectors which are larger or something?

Thing is, I don't want to loose a ton of MPG, I don't mind a few because I'm averaging at 59mpg anyway even driving hard.

Hey guys, thinking of adding a little poke to my Mk7 Zetec S and was considering either a remap (or a tuning box which yes I'm aware is just some resistor's in a fancy plastic package), or going for larger injectors and a custom remap to go with? I have heard of people putting in Focus 1.6 injectors which are larger or something?

Thing is, I don't want to loose a ton of MPG, I don't mind a few because I'm averaging at 59mpg anyway even driving hard.

59mpg driving hard how I have a mk7 zetec s deisel and I'm only getting 51mpg driving hard most of the time I've only done 14500 miles in mine

59mpg driving hard how I have a mk7 zetec s deisel and I'm only getting 51mpg driving hard most of the time I've only done 14500 miles in mine

I alternate between hard/eco driving, but when going for it shift around ~4000rpm, not sure if that'll make any difference but I doubt it lol. I'm on 14k now.

I rev to about the same and alternate between thrashing it everywhere and cruising with the cruise control set to 60 have never had it above 54mpg

Hmm, must be the whole 'no 2 engine's alike' or something, at 60 tucked in behind trucks I can hit high 60's. I wouldn't mind installing cruise some time on my Fez >.<

Hmm, must be the whole 'no 2 engine's alike' or something, at 60 tucked in behind trucks I can hit high 60's. I wouldn't mind installing cruise some time on my Fez >.<

That's why I always fly past trucks. The cruise control is a blessing in disguise got inath to do mine and it's brilliant

You 2 need to slow down, I get 65mpg @ 65mph :P

Personally I would just get a remap that takes it up to 120bhp and leave it there.

I average around 50mpg usually, but I've had it up to 70 for a little while. Managed 600 miles from a tank

You 2 need to slow down, I get 65mpg @ 65mph :P

Personally I would just get a remap that takes it up to 120bhp and leave it there.

Your probably right but even when I do 60 I can't get it past 54mpg suppose every engine is different. I think a remap is the way to go hopefully mountune hurry up with there tuning package they must be getting bored of all my emails by now

hopefully mountune hurry up with there tuning package they must be getting bored of all my emails by now

I know what you mean, I post on their Facebook every so often asking them same :P

I know what you mean, I post on their Facebook every so often asking them same :P

They have Facebook I always email them atleast once a month and get the same reply "we are working on the package but there is no clear release date"

Shame there isn't a Mountune option or I'd get that without second thought, just after waiting since September I'm not so keen any more on waiting.