Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Fiesta Mk7 Front End Finished

rocky1722

At last, I've managed to get some pics of my new front end.

I gave it a full clean as the paintwork felt a bit rough after being in for spraying. The car was fully clayed then x4 coats of Werkstat Acrylic.

Here's it sitting in the garage after the clean.

DSC07290a.jpg

DSC07287a.jpg

So it's had the mirrors sprayed gloss black

DSC07364.jpg

All the front grilles and foglight surrounds sprayed gloss black and a white / chrome DMB gel overlay badge put on the front

Triple R front splitter sprayed gloss black

DSC07288a.jpg

While it was in getting sprayed I also got the rear drums sprayed black as they were covered in rust.

DSC07359.jpg

Also the wee bits of inner arch in front of the rear wheels were starting to look a bit tatty so got them sprayed black instead of the normal white.

DSC07369.jpg

I'm glad the front splitter clears the speed ramps outside the house ................... just, haha!!

DSC07328a.jpg

DSC07332a.jpg

And a couple of arty shots to finish off with.

DSC07291.jpg

DSC07309.jpg

Cheers,

Stephen.

When I say the front end's finished, that's not quite right as I had ordered some black projector headlights exactly the same as Rob H's however they pulled them all that week for failing MOT's.

Here's hoping they get the problem sorted and get them back in stock again, supposedly a 6 month wait however.

Also getting a tinted sunstrip fitted, hopefully next week, then my car will be completely finished ...................... I think!!

are the drums spray or brush painted ?

looks good wanna do mines soon aswell :)

are the drums spray or brush painted ?

Sprayed black Hammerite.

do you think brush painting will give the same finish ?

Brush painting just as good mate ! Halfords do high temp paint for about £5 and lasted me for my last 3 cars so personally paint them with brush :-)

I'm glad the front splitter clears the speed ramps outside the house ................... just, haha!!

DSC07328a.jpg

DSC07332a.jpg

This is why I'm VERY hesitant to put Eibachs on my MK7 Titanium, the speed-humps round Glasgow and Hamilton nearly wrecked my 03 Focus Zetec and that was only factory lowered and I took them slowly and at all sorts of angles to find the best one.

do you think brush painting will give the same finish ?

Yes brush painting will be fine, I just took the opportunity when it was in getting bits sprayed anyway to get the rear drums sprayed. ;)

You should wrap the roof in black carbon fiber would look amazing on that car! I like a lot

This is why I'm VERY hesitant to put Eibachs on my MK7 Titanium, the speed-humps round Glasgow and Hamilton nearly wrecked my 03 Focus Zetec and that was only factory lowered and I took them slowly and at all sorts of angles to find the best one.

I've got eibachs on mine mate and been around Glasgow and Hamilton a few times, tonnes of space left over.

You should wrap the roof in black carbon fiber would look amazing on that car! I like a lot

Did think about getting the roof painted gloss black as well but would've just put the cost up more. Not sure about wrapping, would rather have it painted.

I've got eibachs on mine mate and been around Glasgow and Hamilton a few times, tonnes of space left over.

Hmm maybe my shocks were just shot to hell then? Don't matter anyway got me a Fez ^_^

Boss Fiesta mate. Luv it. Well done.

Good to see you still looking after it, have you got spacers fitted yours wheels seem to sit more in line with the arch?

Good to see you still looking after it, have you got spacers fitted yours wheels seem to sit more in line with the arch?

Hi Limbo, no spacers. It's possibly the mudflaps that make them look wider. Hope your car's keeping fine.

Hi Limbo, no spacers. It's possibly the mudflaps that make them look wider. Hope your car's keeping fine.

just hit the 15,000 on the clock thought of changing it but do no miles so will see what the st is like?

just hit the 15,000 on the clock thought of changing it but do no miles so will see what the st is like?

Wow, you do less miles than me. :o

I'm around 15,000 on the clock as well for an Apr 09. :D

Hi, rocky1722, really like what youve done with that front end, thought about getting the bit under the badge/upper grill, painted or wrapped in gloss black? looks awesome IMO, gives it an RS sorta look. Just an idea.

Olly.

Did a very quick photoshop of your front end to show you what i mean! http://i1071.photobu...545/project.jpg

Thanks for the photoshop Olly. I've done that myself a few times before but I just don't think it suits the Fiesta. :unsure:

Thanks for the photoshop Olly. I've done that myself a few times before but I just don't think it suits the Fiesta. :unsure:

I know what you mean! I only think it works with your style bumper, with the vinyl on the lower part! I really like it! Anyway, just a wee thought, thanks anyway! Oliver.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club