Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Number Plate Bulb Holders

.Ryan

Anyone else had issues with these?

IMG_1149.jpg

A while back I ended up breaking these when changing to LED, and never got round to having them replaced.

Does anyone have a Ford Part No for them? Also, if I did manage to get hold of new holders, are these going to be a pain to get out? It would seem the metal prong inside has bent and normal methods of prizing them out seem to of failed.

Ta :)

I'm sure there must be a way of getting to the rear of the lights in order to flip the catches from there.

There's also a few people here that have access to Microcat and should be able to give you the finis number of the lights.

Yea these are a pain in !Removed!. I have lost one of the metal clips because got thrustrated trying to get it out. luckily never snapped any of the actual fitting. Just wedged the light in at the min as i cant see getting a metal clip on its own anywhere. Suppose could try scrappys.

I had exactly the same problem. I replaced these with new bulb holders, bought from fordpartsuk.com product no.5105886 don't think they show on there website but if u email them they always email a quote and photo of the part - really helpful site. Cost me £13.60 inc postage.

A tip if you decide to replace them, rather than working from the outside ifs best if you remove the inside boot plastic trim panel and access the bulb holders from inside. The bulb holders are located within the chrome trim handle below the ford badge and this actually screws out if you access from inside. If u need any help let me know.

I had exactly the same problem. I replaced these with new bulb holders, bought from fordpartsuk.com product no.5105886 don't think they show on there website but if u email them they always email a quote and photo of the part - really helpful site. Cost me £13.60 inc postage.

A tip if you decide to replace them, rather than working from the outside ifs best if you remove the inside boot plastic trim panel and access the bulb holders from inside. The bulb holders are located within the chrome trim handle below the ford badge and this actually screws out if you access from inside. If u need any help let me know.

Hi mate do you mean it is easy enough to remove the outer strip where badge is on/boot lever handle. mines colour coded so cant say chrome trim. That is where my metal clip is. it sprung off into there. I hope so :D

If so, How can i get this off? cheers.

Hi mate do you mean it is easy enough to remove the outer strip where badge is on/boot lever handle. mines colour coded so cant say chrome trim. That is where my metal clip is. it sprung off into there. I hope so :D

If so, How can i get this off? cheers.

Yeah that’s the bit (Picture attached). Mine is chrome as is a titanium spec, but they are colour coded on other models.

In order to be able to get to this part you have to remove the inside cover of the boot door. From memory there are a couple of securing screws (near latch I think?) but the rest of the plastic cover is held on by plastic grommets and just pulls off.

Once this is off this will then reveal access to six M6 nuts that are holding on the boot handle, undo the six nuts and remove the handle and you can then access and replace the bulb holders.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome cheers guys, just awaiting a reply from them!

• 3 months later...

Thanks again Ash, finally going to get round to sorting this sent details to Ford Parts UK. Need to find some brighter LED Bulbs for them now too, may aswell get two jobs done at once!

• 2 months later...

Never got round to this, sent them an email request and will get them bought ASAP. My friend is selling me some Cree 501's which are said to look very good on the number plates :)

I'm having the opposite problem with mine thing won't stay in but luckily I have just found out a long time friend of mine works at the ford dealer beside my work so he is gonna get it sorted to me on Monday for nothing and will the Cree LEDs fit and are they legal for this as I'm wanting some ?

Not sure about the legality of cree for number plate bulbs, pretty sure It wouldn't be an issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club