Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Update - Upgrade Of Display Unit

AJ_sXe

Today I upgraded my display unit from the single-line to the shiny multi-line, a simple mod but makes it look oh so much better.

Old display:

p1207120747.jpg

New Display:

p1207120751.jpg

p12071207511.jpg

All done in under ten minutes thanks to TitaniumSteve's guide

Nicee - Looking good! ;)

Where are you parked? Looks like a warehouse lol :P

Yep, do all my car work in the warehouse where I work before work starts as it's dry, with lots of light and concrete floor :P

what kind of radio unit do you have? Numpad 1-6 or 1-9? Just curious if it is possible to add better display to low spec radio unit. Was there any need to update the radio software? My understanding was that the display unit is coded directly to the VIN of the car so when you change it you need to somehow unlock the new one...

Looks really smart mate, good job. Should be proud!

I currenty have the 6-button, but changing the display over was part 1 of a multi part upgrade from Aux-in/no bluetooth to USB+Aux-in/Bluetooth.

I have had no issues with the better screen displaying anything.

is there any difference between the units? I'm able to buy one of following: 8A6T-18B955-BL or 8A6T-18B955-BJ, but no idea which one to choose. Thanks

I'll have to pass this one on to inath....

Oi Nath!

hey guys anybody know where to buy the new larger screen from? also can it be fitted to the style? and is it easy and what does it involve doing?

hey guys anybody know where to buy the new larger screen from? also can it be fitted to the style? and is it easy and what does it involve doing?

Replied to P'm ^_^

what kind of radio unit do you have? Numpad 1-6 or 1-9? Just curious if it is possible to add better display to low spec radio unit. Was there any need to update the radio software? My understanding was that the display unit is coded directly to the VIN of the car so when you change it you need to somehow unlock the new one...

I have a 6 button radio, but the display works fine, except when I choose "phone" from the menu all it does it mute the sound as I don't have the bluetooth fitted.......yet ;)

is there any difference between the units? I'm able to buy one of following: 8A6T-18B955-BL or8A6T-18B955-BJ, but no idea which one to choose. Thanks

8A6T-18B955-BL - From: 10-08-2009 To: 01-06-2010 Fiesta 2008-, Matrix Multi Function Display

8A6T-18B955-BJ - From: 21-07-2008 To: 28-05-2009 Fiesta 2008-, Matrix Multi Function Display

Every so often Ford like to change the parts numbers. Could be for a variety of reasons including small tweaks or switching suppliers. They both should be the same though (but don't quote me on that!)

I'll have to pass this one on to inath....

Oi Nath!

Oi Allan!

8A6T-18B955-BL - From: 10-08-2009 To: 01-06-2010 Fiesta 2008-, Matrix Multi Function Display

8A6T-18B955-BJ - From: 21-07-2008 To: 28-05-2009 Fiesta 2008-, Matrix Multi Function Display

Every so often Ford like to change the parts numbers. Could be for a variety of reasons including small tweaks or switching suppliers. They both should be the same though (but don't quote me on that!)

Oi Allan!

it worked didn't it? ;) :P

thanks boys, I'll try it with BJ model (matching production period of my Fiesta), will report once delivered...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks a lot for advice, works now without any problem :)

staryzamontovany.jpg

starybezdekla.jpg

porovnaka.jpg

novybezdekla.jpg

novyfinal.jpg

It is a considerably nicer display unit!

• 4 years later...

Sorry to use this old thread. I have the basic 2 line blue display on a 13 plate style. Does anyone know which larger blue LCD display I could buy to replace it? Thanks.