Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Clutch And Dmf Question

rp1608

Clutch / DMF Poll  

1. 1. Did you get your DMF changed at the same time as your clutch?

• Yes
    • No

My car has done 90k, I think the clutch is wearing out now, burning smell and slips in 2nd and 3rd gear.

I am aware that it is generally good practice to change the DMF, but I spoke to the Ford service department and they said they have never changed one. (Honest or what!)

So my question is, undoubtably clutches do wear out, but has anyone had a reason to get there DMF changed for a specific problem.

what engine is fitted in your fiesta?

Went out in it today, I am sure it revved up then settled while I was accelerating a few times, it was something subtle. This is the first time I have had a clutch failure on a car!

normally when replacing the clutch on a diesel with a DMF its worth spending the little bit extra to do it. if you replace just the clutch and then 6 months later the flywheel breaks up you have got all that labour again...where as it would be an extra 0.5hrs labout plus the cost of the DMF.

DMFs are a wear and tear part, by how they work they will eventually wear out.

if it were me, i would change it. but then if you only plan on keeping the car for a short while, i would be tempted to save the £200..