Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Headlight Sensor

Haz93

I'm quite happy with it all. £70 all in, can't complain. Big thanks to Haz93 for the heads up and help he has given me.

I just received my mirror cowling and sensor, and now I've decided to not put them on! If anybody is interested pm me. Will post later in the for sale section.

Parts are off an focus ST.

@ clubber

Glad it's worked out well mate :)

@ Anthony

It should work on a pre face lift if you have all the parts and have activated it via ff2 software shown in Preee's guide

The window tint started to lift so I got some vinyl. A lot better. Cut it to size and stuck it onto the windscreen.

Yeah I thought tint wouldn't be too good, from past experiences anyways.

What glue did you use for the sensor mount??

I didn't use glue. I put a big blob of blu tac onto the sensor and stuck it to the mirror casing. As there is not much room for manoeuvre in there the sensor is sandwiched between the windscreen and the casing. It seems to be holding.

Do your wipers come on automatically? My ones have to be woken by moving the scroll wheel. I think the sensor position needs adjusting.

If enough rain comes on the windscreen the wipers should come on automatically, if the wiper stalk is in the first position up then they should automatically vary depending on the rain level, also if the stalk is pulled back to set the rear wiper on this will also intermittently wipe and also wipe when reverse is selected.

When I first glued the sensor to the screen and all of the sensor was in contact with the glass they worked fine without havering to wake them up :)

As the glue started to come off they needed to be woken, got to the point where it came off completely. I think it had something to do with the heated screen making the glue soft.

Now i have a wodge of aerospace grade tissue :P wedged behind like your bluetac, but i imagine the bluetac is better tbf

I might get some vinyl too as my black paper looks a bit silly ahaha

Sorry lads gotta say again this makes me glad I got the ghia so mine came with as standard.

When I first glued the sensor to the screen and all of the sensor was in contact with the glass they worked fine without havering to wake them up :)

As the glue started to come off they needed to be woken, got to the point where it came off completely. I think it had something to do with the heated screen making the glue soft.

Now i have a wodge of aerospace grade tissue :P wedged behind like your bluetac, but i imagine the bluetac is better tbf

I might get some vinyl too as my black paper looks a bit silly ahaha

Did you push the front of the sensor directly onto the windscreen? My sensor isn't touching the screen, I have left a tiny gap. Do you think this is why it doesn't work properly?

I seem to recall that on a factory fit there is a small gel spacer between the sensor and the screen.

I seem to recall that on a factory fit there is a small gel spacer between the sensor and the screen.

I have the gel bit on the sensor but is the gel part supposed to actually touch the windscreen?

Yeah it's ment to be pushed fully against the screen for the wipers to work. That's why the mount is glued on as it needs to be really strong to hold all the pressure. Also there should be no bubbles or gaps to be most effective

Think I might do a bit of research into windscreen glue :P

Yeah it's ment to be pushed fully against the screen for the wipers to work. That's why the mount is glued on as it needs to be really strong to hold all the pressure. Also there should be no bubbles or gaps to be most effective

Think I might do a bit of research into windscreen glue :P

When you look at a car that has auto wipers already on it, the sensor doesn't touch the windscreen

If its fitted from factory then it may look like I doesn't as it's done very professionally but I guaranty they should be pressed against the window mate

If its fitted from factory then it may look like I doesn't as it's done very professionally but I guaranty they should be pressed against the window mate

Didn't know that. I will adjust it later and see how it goes.

Sorry lads gotta say again this makes me glad I got the ghia so mine came with as standard.

Same here Charlie

Same here Charlie

I have an ST :P

I have an ST :P

!Removed! :-P lol always 1 I'm wanting to put tendons in could u do me and haz93 a favour have a rummage and upload photos of your leveling module/sensors so we can see where they go please

Haha might have trumped us there :P although I much prefer 40 mpg than 20 :P but doouble the mpg means half the bhp :(

Would be helpful if you could get a few quick snaps of the front and rear levelling sensors in place, I know where the control module is located as mine is now plugged in :D up under the dash. Although I would like to know how its mounted to the two holes where it locates behind the headlight switch.

I don't measure in miles per gallon, I use smiles per gallon :D

Just explain exactly where you want me to photograph

If you have the windscreen replaced on a car that has factory fit auto wipers and headlights, the windscreen fitting company must have knowledge on fitting the sensor, may be worth a cheeky call for info. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club