Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Headlight Sensor

Haz93

Yeah you got us there :P

I would love an ST but the difference in insurance is about £4000 for me. I pay £1000pa on my 1.6 petrol :(

I might save up to have the proper windscreen replaced, anyone know how much it would be with rain light sensor and heated?? I'm guessing a lot

The headlight levelling sensors are on the front and rear suspension systems, both on the drivers side I think.

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-ford/6acdn-ford-focus-st-ford-focus-st3-09-plate-the-problem.html

In the link above are diagrams of them but its almost impossible to tell where they actually are.

That's if your sure you want to, not forcing you to mate :)

Do you know what relay is for the pre facelift for the auto lights and wiper is as I can't get it to work on my car and I think it is that I need a relay for it to work

I have a 06 pre facelift st3 and I have turn it on in the gem

When I turn I on all I get is the head lights on . No back lights are on no side lights and o dash light just the hand lights

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if a 2006 1.8tdci sport had them fitted as standard?

I have an auto headlight switch but no auto headlights or wipers.

After reading this thread the car has had a new windscreen fitted by previous owner which my have something to do with it.

Thanks

Does anyone know if a 2006 1.8tdci sport had them fitted as standard?

I have an auto headlight switch but no auto headlights or wipers.

After reading this thread the car has had a new windscreen fitted by previous owner which my have something to do with it.

Thanks

Not that I know of mate. I'm sure Clive has the same car as you and I don't think he has them.

If you have just the headlights on i think you have activated the drl lights, not the auto sensing. I will have a look at what option I turned on later

Thanks for the replys

I'm guessing ford fit an auto switch instead of a standard switch? Seems a strange thing to do, unless a previous owner has been fiddling.

I didn't spot any wires when I was poking around in the head liner either so i'm assuming no sensor was ever fitted.

if you have not got the sensor fitted it just means your lights will be constantly on when in the auto position. The wires are taped down and a bit tricky to see.

I'm looking fit the headlight and wiper sensor etc etc. I've had a look at the wiring and it seems I can see the two connectors on the wiring loom but my problem is that there is three wires going to the 1st connector (the black one) but there is only one wire going to the second connector (the white one which was taped to the head lining ). And from what I have read on here both connectors need to have three wires going to them.

My question is do I have the other connector somewhere up there and I just need to look a bit harder or do I have a different wiring loom? Thanks

Were both the white and black ones taped to the headlining?? As there are also connectors for the sunroof switch, microphone and intrusion sensors up there on some looms

No just the white one was tapped to the headlining. The black one was slotted into the plastic bit that u unscrew and there was the microphone one that was connected another one was connected in guessing it's for the intrusion sensor and that was it.

Ah okay that sounds strange as I have also got the black wire that is attached to the square plastic section. That's nothing to to with the sensor or mirror. Must be either for the intrusion sensor or sunroof switch.

It seems strange you only have one wire on the white socket. The white one is for the auto dimming mirror. The black one you don't appear to have is the light / rain sensor. Maybe have a look up in the roof cavity if you can to see if any other wires taped down. Of not then don't think you have the right loom

Ok thanks for the info Haz, I will have a proper scavenge for them later, might just drop the front of the headlining so that I can have a proper look and be 100% weather it's there or not.

I've seen some of the auto dimming mirrors being sold on eBay with the wiring loom, is it a straight swap for the wiring looms. If I do have the wrong loom then I might just leave it as I don't want to be fiddling with the wiring loom.

The other thing is I looked on Ford Etis and it's sayin my car came with auto headlamps(don't know how true that is as I haven't owned the car from new) and if that's correct should I not have the wiring loom for it? But the saying that I don't have the headlight switch with the auto option on it!

Ok thanks for the info Haz, I will have a proper scavenge for them later, might just drop the front of the headlining so that I can have a proper look and be 100% weather it's there or not.

I've seen some of the auto dimming mirrors being sold on EBay with the wiring loom, is it a straight swap for the wiring looms. If I do have the wrong loom then I might just leave it as I don't want to be fiddling with the wiring loom.

The other thing is I looked on Ford Etis and it's sayin my car came with auto headlamps(don't know how true that is as I haven't owned the car from new) and if that's correct should I not have the wiring loom for it? But the saying that I don't have the headlight switch with the auto option on it!

Don't rely on what Etis says, it tells porkies. :unsure:

I belive the roof loom connects to the main loom on the passenger side A pillar. I will check this out this evening as I'm gona wire up my footwells if they have arrived :)

If so it will not be a major job to do. As you said just drop the headlining, if its not there, all you would replace is the loom up there

Right, I had a proper look the other day and I don't think I have the right loom.

Cheers for the link RShadow but by the time I went on the listing had finished.

Haz any info on where The loom connects to? Please tell me its on the passengers side A pillar, that will be the best news I've heard in a while.

The black one is sensor and the white is ambient lighting.......

No they are not the correct cables. The sensor and mirror ones have 3 small wires each going to the socket. They are also a very similar shape as they are both 3pin sockets

o5ky I think you have the same loom as me mate which unfortunately doesn't have the connectors for the sensor (from my research and the info that I got on here).

Btw does anyone know if the mondeo wiring loom is the same as the focus one as I can only find mondeo wiring looms on eBay??

• 5 months later...

I have a pre facelift st and I have the plugs but I can't get it to work I've done the elm bit and sill dose now work is there some wire missing the auto dim works but not the lights

I didn't use glue. I put a big blob of blu tac onto the sensor and stuck it to the mirror casing. As there is not much room for manoeuvre in there the sensor is sandwiched between the windscreen and the casing. It seems to be holding.

Do your wipers come on automatically? My ones have to be woken by moving the scroll wheel. I think the sensor position needs adjusting.

just refitted mine at autoglass the nice man did it for free but I guess he could have easily asked for a tenor .I watched him very carefully and got the name of the glue they ues its Loctite 317 used in conjunction with Loctite 734 basically make sure the bracket and screen are really clean I used some white spirit then but some 317 glue on the bracket then once the screen is dry spray the Loctite 734 on the screen and attach the bracket you have a few seconds to get it in the right position and its stuck perfect. it does say that its set after 2 mins but I left it 24 hours in the sun (apparently works better in warm dry weather )

when refitting the sensor and gel front make sure its clean . I put a little blob of kygel behind the gel that fits on the front and pressed it which help when fitting to the screen as kygel is conductive so to make the sensor more sensitive as in factory fitted. hope this helps and please no jokes about the kygel I use it with my ab belt hence the reason I know its conductive .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club