Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Badge And Petrol Flap Questions

mikesrob

Hi, I have two questions regarding my focus 08 titanium,

1/ When washing my car I noticed that behind the rear ford badge ( on the rear hatch ) there was a very thin rubbery sort of material loose behind the badge. Without thinking I pulled off the material and threw it away, I am now thinking that it may have been the wrong thing to do. will this allow water into the boot??

2/ I have noticed that when the car is locked I can still open the filler flap exposing the petrol filler hole. Is this normal or should it not be able to open??

any answers / help with these questions will be gratefuly recieved. Mike.

the petrol cap im sure youre version has the new system where unlike the 05-07 focus the door doesnt lock however i believe that you cant push the fuel opening open with youre finger the early model has a cap and the door locks.

as for the badge im sure its simply stuck on with no hole and bolt at the rear so its likely a piece of stray adhesive tape and nothing to worry about

The fuel door does not lock, the lock is further down the pipe, if you need to fill from a can you should have had supplied a small Ford funnel, if you don't use this with a can petrol will not go down the pipe.

Thanks for the reply

arthur is 100% correct mate,

all the black strip was, is some foam adhisive padding that hold the rear badge on and believe me,

the bade wont fall off even if you were to hook a crane on to the badge and drive off.

here are some images of whats inside the badge:

the boot is lined inside that panel and the handle is bolted to the boot panel via seven m6 bolts and nylon lock nuts.

Image1787.jpg

Image1213.jpg

thanks all for the replies. feel a lot better now.fantastic forum by the way . has given hours of pleasure reading various posts. Mike.

hey the petrol cap should lock, when u open the flap the first metal thing you see in the neck locks....hope this helps we had same issues

08 focus should have the Easy Fuel system, where the door flap does not lock?

08 focus should have the Easy Fuel system, where the door flap does not lock?

This is correct but the first metal flap inside the fuel neck does lock......

oh yeah the fuel neck should only accept the special funnel that you get with the car or the correct fuel type at a garage but the door flap is always unlocked.

i went through this with a ford dealership and arnold clarke, took 2 weeks off my warranty for them to acknowledge i was right and for them to replace it..... lol

The fuel door does not lock, the lock is further down the pipe, if you need to fill from a can you should have had supplied a small Ford funnel, if you don't use this with a can petrol will not go down the pipe.

I ended up running out of petrol half a mile from the petrol station once, did 3 jogs to the pumps and back to the car to find my petrol (and cash) was all over the road...DOH!....keep the funnel safe!!! :)

I ended up running out of petrol half a mile from the petrol station once, did 3 jogs to the pumps and back to the car to find my petrol (and cash) was all over the road...DOH!....keep the funnel safe!!! :)

:( :( :)

I'd recommend buying a spare nozzle from Ford.

They're only a couple of quid and always handy to have a spare.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club