Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse Box Under Bonnet

djbaba

hi i went away monday and done all my checks on the focus like all fuses ect and come across this odd looking thing in the fuse box now i moved it to have a good look at it but anyways i then closed everything up and packet the car for my hols i started the car and no errors or anything so as i went to pull away i had no accelatration and stalled so i put my foot back on the pedal and nothing so i opens the bonnent nd got the missus to put her foot on the accel pedal as i moved the od looking wire nd we have lift off now as i got to scotch corner i lost all power and got a dtc error so i check it and it is U0100 mass air flow sensor malfuntion now am stumped and have no idea if tht could be causing the error or if its somthing els

sorry about spelling

thanks Ali

post-30594-0-91418200-1342208634_thumb.j

i have no idea what it is but it shouldnt be there someones been seriously messing with the loom

yup a guessed tht when a took the cover off on monday wish i didnt now but i have no idea what it is

looks like someone fitted some sort of power boost electronic box to the car at some stage to trick the sensors in to thinking it was colder than it actually is, this gives the car more power and may have come with a T piece like the drake box's you can buy on eBay so the fitting would have filtered the connection that they have fitted,

i reckon if you remove the connector and hard wire them back togeather you should be as good as standard again mate.

thanks lenny so tht could be why its giving me a dtc U0100 hmmm if i solder them and tape them up it should all be ok as a was getting very worryed tht something was really wrong with the car nd as soon as i took the cover off a knew it wasnt meant to be there. thanks lenny :D:D:D

thanks lenny so tht could be why its giving me a dtc U0100 hmmm if i solder them and tape them up it should all be ok as a was getting very worryed tht something was really wrong with the car nd as soon as i took the cover off a knew it wasnt meant to be there. thanks lenny :D:D:D

no prob mate,

to further back up my theroy here is a link to they type of box that must have been fitted to filter the air readings,

the previous owner was spot on though to take the time fitting some moulded connectors to plug it in and out easily

http://www.ebay.com/...fb9fa67&vxp=mtr

thank you lenny a think you might have solved it thank you

thank you lenny a think you might have solved it thank you

no problem sir hatoff.gif

i would trace that additional red cable that leeds out of the fuse box and see wher it is going before i would include it on the new connection though because it doesnt run inside the factory loom of cables i would trace it to see if it is required.

which one left or right nd the 2 green wires connect to the 2 reds like all in one (not green,red green,red) there all in one if tht makes any sence

which one left or right nd the 2 green wires connect to the 2 reds like all in one (not green,red green,red) there all in one if tht makes any sence

the red one that goes left and under the rubber trunking mate,

look and see where it leeds to before you hot wire it all up.

will be fine though dont worry.

yeh al have a look in the morning and have a look to see were it goes a might find it does something magical lol

lenny av had a thought would it be ok to remover the /disconect from the fuse box to have a good look at it or is there more to it

lenny av had a thought would it be ok to remover the /disconect from the fuse box to have a good look at it or is there more to it

yes mate,

ive unplugged the connector to the centre of the engine bay fuse box when fitting the drls because i removed the battery box to fit the moduiles to the rear of it.

but make sure you have your stereo code before you unplug it,

and

disconnect the live feed from the battery before you unplug it too.

its easy to remove jus lift up the blue flap to release the catch and unplug it,

hi i have had a look the day and the wire goes to a senor a think but it was tucked bhind the radiator and under the air box so am very confused now and it is also connected to the fan wires :Ppost-30594-0-74843300-1342260367_thumb.j

hi i have had a look the day and the wire goes to a senor a think but it was tucked bhind the radiator and under the air box so am very confused now and it is also connected to the fan wires :Ppost-30594-0-74843300-1342260367_thumb.j

not sure what that could be for mate,

but if you hard wire the connections instead of the existing plug then that should stop the loose connections.

That sounds like a bypass to the fan thermostat.

Probably the original one has broken and this is a workaround.

You may also find that there is an adjustment screw on the box in order to set the temperature at which the fan will cut in.

hi this is the part no 94BG-14N089-E1B am not sure if its a sensor or relay, couldnt find any screw or anything to set temps

that what it looks like http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aad479722

ive searched the part number and the result came up with this list of relays and their purpose,

apparently this one was for drls but its not being used for that in your motor,

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/partlist/wiring-system-passenger-compartment-page-c~1997-ford-contour-1898334-1899250-1912786.html

im now going to get the haynes manual and see if i can trace what the green cable is that is being routed to the yellow relay,

we will get to the bottom of this lol

im now thinking ford relays are expensive as in £20 - £30 per relay,

so perhaps the fan relay blew in your ford perhaps due to water getting in to the fuse compartment,

then the cheap option would have been to get a relay from the breakers, but the relay didnt match the fuse box,

so we will bypass the socket and make it fit.

im not sure but it seems like an explaination, im going to check the haynes as see what that red and green cable is from

hi lenny tht will be brill thank you. If u want the mora al strip it all back and take some more photos if tht will help any

hi lenny tht will be brill thank you. If u want the mora al strip it all back and take some more photos if tht will help any

Hi mate,

sorry to say ive had a look at the fuse board diagrams in the rear of the haynes manula and it doesnt show a list of the cables in the engine fuse board plug or what each one leeds to/from,

ive compared the fuse box to the diagram though and all of your fuses and relays are present in the board,

so i reckon if it had been bypassed then the original one would have been removed but this is not the case, all of your relays and fuses are in place. dunno.gif

no probs lenny thanks for all your help. when i find out what it is al let ya know :D:P

thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club