Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Police Interceptors Vs The Cps !

dodgy-alan

If, like me, you watch the series, Police Interceptors, Road Wars etc, Dont you wish, that when the Police finally catch the little b*st*rds that have caused so much carnage, Put lives at risk and trashed something that didn't belong to them, they could turn the cameras off for a while and give them a damned good kicking! Then call the owners of the stolen cars etc and let them come along and have a go too ! Only then should the pitiful remains of the scumbags concerned be dragged to the nick and charged! Instead on half the cases shown the little sods show no remorse at all, swagger about the police station as though they own it and then the CPS lets them off as there apparently not enough evidence! WTF they've been filmed for at least 30 minutes tearing up the neighbourhood, been shown resisting arrest, cost thousands of pounds in Police Rescources only to be sent home like naughty schoolboys!

It really pi**es me off when these b*st*rds get away with it. I'd love to see the Police helicopters fitted with a dirty great gun under the nose like the Apache so that if the stolen vehicle refuses to stop when ordered, and then proceeds to put lives at risk, they can just take the bl**dy thing out with one burst ! There are times when the officers concerned, seeing someone walk away with a smacked wrist, must think "Is it really worth the effort!" It really must be demoralising for them. The CPS really should back up the officers that have put so much time and effort in capturing the criminals concerned.

I know how you feel Alan. Its frustrating to see the little scum bags put peoples lives at risk and cause £1000's worth of damage to be given a 2 year ban when there not even old enough to drive.

Im sure the CPS do the best they can as I know the Police do within the law. It is the law that is an !Removed!.

In my opinion, anybody that fails to stop for the Police should automatically be banned for life. It will make them think twice about it but will not stop those with the usual intellect of a !Removed!.

James, If you work for the Police as you say you do then I hope you never have to take a statement, Your command of the English language is appalling for someone in your position. Spelling mistakes and bad grammar indicate that you do NOT work for the police, If you DO then I can only assume it is a very junior role and certainly NOT on the front line. As a matter of fact I know an awful lot about the police and the CPS ,as not only do I have a close relative who worked for many years with the Metropolitan force but as a local councillor I have close contact with my local force and I regularly speak to front line officers.

Yes taking out cars with excessive force COULD cause collatoral damage however I would not expect an armed helicopter to open fire in a heavily populated area, the decision to do so would only be taken as a last resort and where further pursuit would put even more lives at risk. In the USA some SWAT teams are already experimenting with this option although they use armed officers with high powered rifles firing from the side of the Helicopter as opposed to a chin mounted weapon.

Regarding the CPS, I am fully aware that they do a difficult job and do not always get it right. However the point I was making was that some of these well televised pursuits often result in little or no punishment for the offenders and this for the officers concerned is very frustrating.

Finally the forum is a place for OPEN discussion and providing I do not cause offence, or deliberately make racist, sexist or otherwise derogatory comments against a particular person then as far as I am concerned any subject or point of view is fair comment. Something you should be aware of before you dare tell ANYONE what they can and cannot post. My comments were NOT aimed at any individual but merely an apparent observation regarding the conduct of a government organisation. This country is, last time I looked, a DEMOCRACY, and as such political comment is not outlawed. Again your ill advised comment regarding this indicates to me that you have no connection to the police, (you never told us all which force incidentally, I'm sure we'd all like to know!). I await your reply with interest.

As a serving Officer with Devon & Cornwall Police I reserve the right to not pick sides. ;)

The CPS apply the law but do not make it.

It is frustrating when we do a lot of leg work gathering evidence and statements etc. and the case gets thrown out for lack of evidence but my job is to bring offenders to justice not to prosecute them.

I know only what I need to about the law to make decisions concerning arrestable offences or what constitutes a crime but I am not a Lawyer or Judge.

That is way above my pay grade.

I carry out my duty without grace or favour and within the guidelines as laid down.

Hello all!

I have just logged onto FOC and have just seen what has been put! This was NOT me who put that post and was infact my younger sibling! I apologise to all if the post caused any harm or upset!

It has been removed.

But yes I do work for the police!

I work for Thames Valley Police as a Detention Officer, tho the post previous was not me haha!

Hope everyone is well!

Who is going to ford fair?

I'm a Dog Handler in D&C, wish I could make a show but as I'm also an ex ARO I tend to be on call for armed incidents too.

It seems that having good knowledge of both taskings makes me ideal for times where dogs and Armed Response are deployed at the same time.

Ah well, plenty of overtime. ;)

Sounds fantastic! Unfortunately im at work now, and in custody! Woo!!

Very busy for a Sunday night! Full house!

Drunks and tarts?

Usual weekend crop lol.

Indeed. Everyone Is drunk and has medical issues in MK!

Indeed. Everyone Is drunk and has medical issues in MK!

Hi James, So I WAS right, It wasn't a serving police officer that wrote that ! :) I had to say, I did wonder!! Our local force is going to be stretched today as we have the dubious honour of hosting the Olympic Torch relay coming through the town, I'ts coming right down our street, I'm working with a local councillor and former mayor to ensure that properties are not damaged nor people people injured when the old victorian front walls fall down! Sussex Police do a great job normally but budget cuts have gone really deep here. Back last year a serious assault in the street was enough to tie up most of the officers in the Bognor/Littlehampton/Arundel area for nearly all of Saturday night, By most, I mean 5 of the 8 officers on duty to cover an area of about 40 square miles ! Littlehampton is notorious as one of the most troubled areas in the district, Bognor comes second on Fridays and Saturdays when the locals get tanked up. We have a large number of PCSOs in the area during the day but their powers are limited and so rely on the goodwill of the public to keep an eye on things. To this end a few of us have formed a neighbourhood watch scheme with links to the Police ASBO unit, the Environmental health noise team, Council temporary housing officers etc. It all seems to work pretty well, though at times we all get frustrated by the lack of action on the part of the authorities. The PCSOs report all the incidents we log to the regular force but due to budget cuts and limited rescources they are often unable to attend until it is too late. Many of them rue the day that the old fashioned style of coppering has been outlawed by the bleeding hearts brigade. As one DS said to me, there was a time when a problem could be solved by a good thick ear rather than a lot of paperwork. I come from the period where the likes of Jack Regan and Gene Hunt were the sort of cops on duty and you respected them or else. When I was a kid in Hounslow even my local "Bobby" John Mancy would give you a clip round the ear if he caught you and then took you back to your parents for further punishment! I have the utmost respect for all our hard pressed police forces and cannot understand why this government insists on reducing their rescources when we have a growing criminal population. :angry: Oh well, off out in the rain to put up crowd control tape!

Same issues in Essex. Due to cuts there are less cars on the road yet they are covering twice as much milleage meaning servicing is required twice as often. As the mechanics have been reduced it is taking up to a month to get the cars back.

With that and the likes of Peter Reeve shooting an off duty officer taking up all available Police my poor Brother ended up working from 7 am to after midnight then back in for 7am the next morning. This was on top of having to be the one who along with an Inspector had to inform PC Dibel's family of his death.

I am constantly amazed at what the Police have to perform for our benefit and even more amazed at how ignorant the Government is of their predicament.

Rant over.

On a sidenote, I'm quite liking SYP's fleet of high performance vehicles! Unmarked Seat Leon FR? and dare I say it, Insignia VXR :P

:lol: The Sweeney were always our heroes when we were teenagers growing up in the 70s, Everyone wanted to Regan or Carter., Hurtling round London in a big old Granada! The interest was helped by the fact that Dennis Watermans wife at the time, Penny, was our English and Drama teacher and it was a regular occurance to find ourselves acting out old Sweeney Scripts in our lessons! On several occasions John Thaw and/or Dennis would come to the school and teach the lads screen stunts etc. We had great fun doing it and I was proud to count them both as freinds.

More recently the same style of policing re-emerged of course with Gene Hunt in Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars. The star of the show in the former being that fabulous mars red Audi Quattro.

Both those shows showed how much policing has changed these days with it's severe restrictions and lack of funding. Politicaly correct behaviour and softly softly approach mean that many criminals simply have no fear or respect for the police. Okay so technology has moved on and today there are many more ways to catch offenders.But on TV science and computers only attracts a certain audience that have some understanding of what is being shown, ie; waking the dead, CSI etc. But if you really want to get youngsters interested in the Police show them a police car or bike fying down the road with all its lights and sirens on and you'll capture their imagination. When the Torch relay came through town the other day, the young kids watching the parade were more interested in the police vehicles that the torch bearer, (especially Sussex's shiny new BMW 5 series estates!) The police officers of the future may well be among those kids watching those cars and meeting the drivers. We all know that its the back room boys and girls that do the detecting, but it's the front line guys that grab the attention.

In the 9 years I've been a copper the job has changed a fair bit too.

We seem to be spending more time trying to win popularity contests and less time doing proper front-line policing.

When was the last time anyone here has read a local paper or community newsletter without seeing some gurning PCSO in a photos trying to look all official and important?

It's all about PR and image now rather than nicking scrats and car thieves.

It really annoys me and a few of my close colleagues to see some of the patrol officers and PCSO's dinking around giving everyone their best Dirty Harry sneers but doing !Removed! all to actually speak to the public and tune in to the local atmosphere and be able to use their instincts to know when something is occurring.

When you had the proper traditional Bobby on the beat they knew all the local characters and were able to work on their intuition.

I suppose the PCSO's are meant to be able to replicate this type of policing but they do not have the bearing and authority to make it work.

I had cause to speak to a PCSO a few months ago regarding some occurrence in my street and his reply was 'sorry mate, that's not my side of the road' ?!?!?.

For the sake of pete! What a numpty.

Strangely enough about a week later I was called to an incident near my home and this twit was there, I swear when he clocked who I was his head vanished into his collar.

By all means put PCSO's on the street, a fair bit of good community work is achieved by them, but for the love of god change their uniforms so the wasters among them don't cast a shadow over the decent Police Officers out there that do the real work.

i love watching police interceptors and road wars infact i watch nearly every police / criminal series on tv including banged up abroad, coppers (i think its called coppers :) ) and costa del street crime, i agree with alot of what has been said but in 90 percent of the criminals its either drunk/influenced by drugs or young kids that havn't been brought up properly or educated , and no i cant agree with giving them a good hiding as this would solve nothing, i can understand it being frustrating and annoying to watch people cause damage and carnaige but as i say a good beating would solve nothing, half of these type of people get a good beating every friday / saturday night fighting with one another in there local pubs and towns, i dont think we can expect to help people like this by locking them up and throwing away the key, we need to tackle the roots of the problems.

Riiight currently watching coppers on more4, just had some little runt in Nottingham floored by the police with blood down his face moaning telling the coppers to put his shoes back on and then he's thrown in back of the wagon and he's started nutting the door.. The missus turns round and says 'I'm friends with him on facebook..' <_<

I predict frantic Unfriending in the very near future.

:P

I predict frantic Unfriending in the very near future.

:P

Lol mate that's gotta be like the 4th runt she's said it about off coppers when they filming in notts. On one of the programs it was kicking off again in nottingham town centre, think some bloke had been CS gassed in the face, and the missus was actually watching it all go off from up the street