Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lighting

b1g_dav3

Go for blue Kieron.

Cool, modern, chilled out :D

Or Red as it matches the dash/ instrument backlighting...

Nathan posted images of his red ones before and the fact the colours are a match makes it look more factory fitted.

Any way of making it so that the lights stay constantly on without tons of effort?

Any way of making it so that the lights stay constantly on without tons of effort?

yes just link them to a rocker switch,

and from the switch to an interior light feed,

so then when your driving lights are on i.e. Parking lights etc.

you can switch the footwell lights on and off via the rocker switch, ideal for approaching a check point etc. because the cops may class them as distracting.

but the added advantage of hooking them to an interior light feed is that they will also dim when you turn the wheel to dim your interior dash lighting.

but

if you want them to illuminate along with the doors opening, and then again when you switch on your driving lights.

this would require you to fit a 3way rocker switch then you could use the one set of units for both actions.

Any chance you could make a guide (if you haven't already) for the rear footwell lights?

It's a cool mod i'd love to do, and could do if I followed pre-written instructions but not from scratch

Here is a guide on fitting the led pods to the rear footwells in your ford.

you will require

in this guide you will notice i have fitted some 3 led pods and the ones linked in the post above are 5 led their isint really much difference in the additional two leds under the footwell but i reckon the 5 led pods would give a slightly better effect.

as you can see in the image below,

the pods come from the supplier pre-wired with red and black terminals on the ends and 1.5metre of cable attached.

Image1923.jpg

Image1921.jpg

i found the casing of the pods to be quite shiny and i wrapped them in a layer of black electrical tape to help keep them hidden under the rear footwells and not really noticable unless they are illuminated.

Image1922.jpg

first step:

strip the ends of both red and black terminals on the end of both units and splice them togeather with one ond of the purchased 2 metre red&black 10amp cable. join the 3 black feeds to each other and tape them togeather using the purchased e;ectrical tape followed by performing the same action with the 3 red terminals. then tape the two bulk insulated cables togeather to create a Y shaped loom, ensure the red and black feeds are insulated seperatly before taping them togeather as one loom.

Image1925.jpg

Image1927_1.jpg

if desired you can wrap the surround of the pods in black tape too, then fit one or two double sided sticky pads to one side of each pod.

once complete,

you can then bring the new wired loom with pods attached in to the car.

Image1928.jpg

un-bolt the centre console so as it can be lifted up to fit you hand underneath it,

then begin to fish the cables under the seats on both sides ensuring that they are under the slide rails of the seats,

leave around 2 inches of excess cable encase the units ever get caught on anything the cable is not likely to snap if their is a slight bit of excess their to allow for stretching, for example of a small umbrella was to be pulled from under the seat and it caught on the loom of the footwell light pod.

do not stick the pods to the top of the rear footwell heater blowers yet because they may tear off with the fishing of the cables,

wait to mount them correctly at the end of the process.

next step is to locate the front footwell loom cables on the passenger side footwell,

fish your rear footwell loom in to the front of the passenger footwell through the centre console.

cut the excess cable from the rear footwell loom then like pealing a Banna.

using your stanley blade gently peal back the positive feed on the existing front footwell loom feed.

peel back the sleeving to reveal the copper internal and wrap the red positive around the front footwell stripped positive feed then tape it up with some electrical tape,

and repeat the process for the negative feed.

the front footwell loom cables should be Orange and Black

so splice Red to Orange and Black to Black. ensure to do them one at a time because if the terminals meet then the fuse will blow and you may also need to get the code for the stereo so please ensure not to strip the two terminals at the same time. only stip one then tape it up before stripping the second one.

finally the led pods in the rear will be illuminated if this guide was followed correctly.

and you can position the as required while sticking the other sides of the double sided pads to the tops of the rear footwell blowers.

the rear footwell lights will operate exactly the same and fade in and out in time with the front footwell lighting.

Image1930.jpg

Image1935.jpg

im going to make a PDF version of this now too for others to download and print if required.

Here is a guide on fitting the led pods to the rear footwells in your ford.

you will require

in this guide you will notice i have fitted some 3 led pods and the ones linked in the post above are 5 led their isint really much difference in the additional two leds under the footwell but i reckon the 5 led pods would give a slightly better effect.

as you can see in the image below,

the pods come from the supplier pre-wired with red and black terminals on the ends and 1.5metre of cable attached.

Image1923.jpg

Image1921.jpg

i found the casing of the pods to be quite shiny and i wrapped them in a layer of black electrical tape to help keep them hidden under the rear footwells and not really noticable unless they are illuminated.

Image1922.jpg

first step:

strip the ends of both red and black terminals on the end of both units and splice them togeather with one ond of the purchased 2 metre red&black 10amp cable. join the 3 black feeds to each other and tape them togeather using the purchased e;ectrical tape followed by performing the same action with the 3 red terminals. then tape the two bulk insulated cables togeather to create a Y shaped loom, ensure the red and black feeds are insulated seperatly before taping them togeather as one loom.

Image1925.jpg

Image1927_1.jpg

if desired you can wrap the surround of the pods in black tape too, then fit one or two double sided sticky pads to one side of each pod.

once complete,

you can then bring the new wired loom with pods attached in to the car.

Image1928.jpg

un-bolt the centre console so as it can be lifted up to fit you hand underneath it,

then begin to fish the cables under the seats on both sides ensuring that they are under the slide rails of the seats,

leave around 2 inches of excess cable encase the units ever get caught on anything the cable is not likely to snap if their is a slight bit of excess their to allow for stretching, for example of a small umbrella was to be pulled from under the seat and it caught on the loom of the footwell light pod.

do not stick the pods to the top of the rear footwell heater blowers yet because they may tear off with the fishing of the cables,

wait to mount them correctly at the end of the process.

next step is to locate the front footwell loom cables on the passenger side footwell,

fish your rear footwell loom in to the front of the passenger footwell through the centre console.

cut the excess cable from the rear footwell loom then like pealing a Banna.

using your stanley blade gently peal back the positive feed on the existing front footwell loom feed.

peel back the sleeving to reveal the copper internal and wrap the red positive around the front footwell stripped positive feed then tape it up with some electrical tape,

and repeat the process for the negative feed.

the front footwell loom cables should be Orange and Black

so splice Red to Orange and Black to Black. ensure to do them one at a time because if the terminals meet then the fuse will blow and you may also need to get the code for the stereo so please ensure not to strip the two terminals at the same time. only stip one then tape it up before stripping the second one.

finally the led pods in the rear will be illuminated if this guide was followed correctly.

and you can position the as required while sticking the other sides of the double sided pads to the tops of the rear footwell blowers.

the rear footwell lights will operate exactly the same and fade in and out in time with the front footwell lighting.

Image1930.jpg

Image1935.jpg

im going to make a PDF version of this now too for others to download and print if required.

Awesome, I'm defo gonna give this some serious thought, looks like a simple electrical splice even I can do!

Danké muchly!

Awesome, I'm defo gonna give this some serious thought, looks like a simple electrical splice even I can do!

Danké muchly!

no problem sir,hatoff.gif

ill need to PM you the PDF for some reason i cantr add it here

Thanks stoney, ^_^

For those who have the bulb holders but no power,

they should purchase Qty: 2 of this Cable which would be 4 metres of cable. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27bd5915eb

cut the existing loom around two inches from the bulb sockets and fit this loom running the two sockets off the one single run of cable then up the A pillar and splice in to the blue and black cables at the rear of the interior light.

Blue = Positive +

Black = Negative -

For those who havent got the footwell light sockets or loom

They need to purchase the sockets to fit the holes which are here http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43ae09c359

plus the cable in the link above too.

finally for both fitments they will require some T10 w5w light bulbs of their choice.

if you also require some rear footwell lighting i can advisee on this too.

i have got Qty 2 of these in red led pods fitted under the front seats of my focus,

one stuck to the top of the footwell blower under each seat facing on to the rear footwells and wired in to the loom of the front footwell lighting.

here are some links to the pods for the rear footwell's.

Be sure to order Qty:2 in order to recieve two of them

Red Pod

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5181144a64

Blue Pod

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item51811449c8

Green Pod

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5181144a45

White Pod

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5181144a85

Image1935.jpg

Cheers for the reply Lenny! But i dont think id be able to fit all tht properly, like removing the a pillar bits and splicing wires ;/ Im not good at stuff like that lol.

I'm going to have to have a look after work tomorrow :P fingers crossed

Cheers for the reply Lenny! But i dont think id be able to fit all tht properly, like removing the a pillar bits and splicing wires ;/ Im not good at stuff like that lol.

no problem mate, your only challange that i cant help you with is the removal of the A pillar but the rest is simple enough, you may have a family member or a friend who could assist you with it.

even if you were to purchase an illuminating ignition ring from eBay available in blue, red or white,

the come fitted with pre-moulded connectors for you to plug in to the interior light unit so no need for splicing their,

you could splice the footwell lights in to the illuminated ignition ring loom.

here is a link to the illuminated ignition rings:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ILLUMINATING-MOD-LED-IGNITION-BARREL-RING-BLUE-ILLUMINATED-LIGHT-/330700362369?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cff471281

here are a few pics of the loom from the ignition ring, it filters the existing plugs in the interiro light unit.

Image1132-1.jpg

Image1128.jpg

SpliceBlockDiagram.jpg

Image1135.jpg

Pulling the A pillar cover can snap the clips (they certainly did when I had my reversing sensor buzzer fitted there) but if you pull the door seal rubber off there is enough space to push the wires behind the pillar cover.

Remove the sun blind too so you have some movement of the head liner.

I've just had a quick look and I'm pretty sure I've got the right fittings for the lights, it was dark but I could see gold bits in there? looks as though the lights just clip in?

Also does anyone have a link for the blue lights?

Much appreciated :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

im a total noob when it comes to know how on cars. All i know is i have a fiesta zetec S 1.6 petrol ha. not sure about all this MK stuff.

I want to change the bulb in my Dome light to blue, but cant seem to find any anywhere?

I also wanted the blue footwells, but when i looked at my car, i have the socket but no wires or anything so i assume i cant have these?

I want to change the bulb in my Dome light to blue, but cant seem to find any anywhere?

Find what? You just need blue LED 501 bulbs. These ones are perfect for the interior light.

I also wanted the blue footwells, but when i looked at my car, i have the socket but no wires or anything so i assume i cant have these?

Not easily no, unless you want to wire them in yourself.

• 2 months later...

Problem

I noticed this mod on the forum and checked out my Fiesta. It has the holders (sockets) and the wiring. So I ordered some LED's. tried the LEDs in both holders in either possible position/direction (I swapped 180 degrees to check) and had no joy. Then I thought maybe the LEDs are faulty so I borrowed the courtesy light from my boot and had a go with this. Still no joy.

Any ideas what could be the issue or what could I try to do next?

------

EDIT:

If it helps please see the photo of my fuse box

DSC_0838_zps9ce5ca87.jpg

My brothers old fiesta 60 plate had all the wires etc yet didn't work.

He's on options so recently got a brand new 62 fiesta (same model) and they worked. I think it's a bit hit and miss tbh

So you think there isn't a chance that I'm missing a fuse or something?

This is the photo of the fuse box, the one that is under the hood.

DSC_0840_zps2ca1af06.jpg

Hi

With ref to any option that you vehicle might have, if you contact your local Ford dealer give them your reg number and they can tell you what options you car left the factory with, I on the other hand have friends that work at my local ford dealer and i picked up a print out of what my vehicle has it does mentioin the foot well lamp.

Give them a try

I suppose its worth of shot to speak with the dealership. One way or another I'm determine to get it done.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Alright, I'm new to is forum. I want to have front footwell lights installed in my car, I have checked the forums regarding footwell lights but can't seem to find anyone with a '08 ford fiesta (bubble shape) that hasn't got front footwell lights? I already have the ambient lighting when unlocking (etc) the car, and was wondering if they can be fitted and how I would go about connecting the right wires up. I haven't checked if I have any bulb socket holders in the front due to time of day. Thanks

• 7 months later...

hi all.Sorry to bother. My model is fiesta mk7 titanium 2009 and it has build in a LED light bars for dashboard and the small compartment underneath the A/C control.

It has also two Footwell lights(white lamps) one under the driver end one under the co-passenger that light on when the door open/unlock the car and light out when the engine starts. Is there a guide to transform these lamps to ambient red lights that light when i open the lights and light out when i turn off the lights?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

i would think you need to change the bulbs if it is wired with white lights at mo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club