Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dump Valves On Tdci's

salsheikh

Guys,

where is the dump valve on the TDCI's. I saw a few Mondeo TDCI's and they had all changed their dump valves and it sounded rather nice but I didnt get a chance to ask what they had changed it to and how difficult it was.

any ideas?

I wouldn't bother as a dump valve on a diesel actually makes the car slower as it purges charged air from the intake

• Confused 1

diesels dont have dump valves as standard the ford focus diesels use a recirculation valve infact all diesels do so fitting a dump valve would only cause issues

i.e engine management lights , and drops in performance.

i think they sell aftermarket recirc valves that are louder etc but im no expert on them , have a search around

• Haha 1

as above, it wont have a dump valve as diesels are free breathers.

• Like 1

sorry my bad. i should have put Blow Off Valve (BOV). I need to do some research....but feel free to share any info you may have.

its the same thing mate, basically the pressure is released to atmosphere when foot comes off accelaretor, as i said id look for a recirculation valve that makes a noise

if you do some exhaust work youll hear that sound your looking for quite clearly downpipe / silencer replacement with a straight pipe, check : http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/index.php/cPath/58_82

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

hi the bov will work on any turbo engine as all turbo's need the lag taken away, it's a question of right dump valve in the right place the same goes for boost valve. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/16/2012 at 2:14 PM, oilburner79 said:

I wouldn't bother as a dump valve on a diesel actually makes the car slower as it purges charged air from the intake

Thats bull it dont make it any slower at all.. yes id does not get the desired sound on a diesel but certainly will not make it slower ... be careful who you listen to mate as most people give false imformation and none of them are mechanics just wannabes lol

Edited by alexp999
Swearing

In an economical world of variable vain turbos through there design; theres very little excess pressure to be expelled through a blow off valve 

I'm not a mechanic nor do I want to be 😅 I make more money as a pharmaceutical technician 

• Like 1

dates are 2012, 2017 and 2019  are we in a time warp?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, isetta said:

I'm here since 2010 

10 hours ago, Lenny said:

I'm here since 2010 

"Who's still listening in November 2019?" *5000 likes* :laugh: 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, isetta said:

Thanks Isetta...now I've got 'Lets do the time warp again' going round my head... :laugh:  

It was definitely worth signing up just to bump a 2012 thread arguing against someone who hasn't been here for years.  Interesting first and only post anyway! :unsure: :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks Isetta...now I've got 'Lets do the time warp again' going round my head... :laugh:  

It was definitely worth signing up just to bump a 2012 thread arguing against someone who hasn't been here for years.  Interesting first and only post anyway! :unsure: :biggrin: 

😂 impressive,

• 2 months later...

I have a focus zetec sport diesel it’s a 2013 I’ve put a k-n air filter on it I’ve had the car mapped and I’ve had a custom stainless exhaust with 4inch pipes either side plus 18inch rims just want to know wot bov  valve I can buy to give it a bit of noise 

On 2/16/2020 at 3:06 PM, Helmet whu said:

I have a focus zetec sport diesel it’s a 2013 I’ve put a k-n air filter on it I’ve had the car mapped and I’ve had a custom stainless exhaust with 4inch pipes either side plus 18inch rims just want to know wot bov  valve I can buy to give it a bit of noise 

Today's turbos are variable vain which having an advantage of not producing excess boost any excess pressure would be much similar to a bowel movement from a field mouse 

• Haha 3

• 2 years later...

I have a ford focus 1.6 sport and for some reason the turbo has turned into a dump valve as every time I realise the pedal the car dumps pressure into the air...

What could be broken or damaged that I need to locate and replace 

3 hours ago, teamduck92 said:

I have a ford focus 1.6 sport and for some reason the turbo has turned into a dump valve as every time I realise the pedal the car dumps pressure into the air...

What could be broken or damaged that I need to locate and replace 

Split boost hose or crack in the solid metal boost pipe would be the first things to look for.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club