Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta misfiring any solutions

kibomc

hi, ive a ford fiesta zetec 2001 1.25 engine and the engine mgt light has been on and flashing at regular intervals since last week. i brought the car to a mechanic who put it on a diagnostics machine which read cylinder 4 was misfiring. he changed the leads and plugs at a cost of 70.00 - he reset the light and said if it comes back on to give it about 100 miles before coming back to him. i got 2 minutes down the road before the light came back on. there is a bit more power in the car than before but the exhaust is still spluttering and ive been told this is how you konw its misfiring. The mechanic also mentioned that it could be the valve and in 60% of cases regular dring will sort the valve out. Im lost in this world of mechanics and dont know what to do. is this guy chancing his arm or have i just to be patient and see if the problem rectifies itself. in the meantime ive a car spluttering still and a pocket 70 quid lighter.

anyone please help? :(

My e-mail address is kibomac@hotmail.co.uk

thanks again.

hi, ive a ford fiesta zetec 2001 1.25 engine and the engine mgt light has been on and flashing at regular intervals since last week. i brought the car to a mechanic who put it on a diagnostics machine which read cylinder 4 was misfiring. he changed the leads and plugs at a cost of 70.00 - he reset the light and said if it comes back on to give it about 100 miles before coming back to him. i got 2 minutes down the road before the light came back on. there is a bit more power in the car than before but the exhaust is still spluttering and ive been told this is how you konw its misfiring. The mechanic also mentioned that it could be the valve and in 60% of cases regular dring will sort the valve out. Im lost in this world of mechanics and dont know what to do. is this guy chancing his arm or have i just to be patient and see if the problem rectifies itself. in the meantime ive a car spluttering still and a pocket 70 quid lighter.

anyone please help? :(

My e-mail address is kibomac@hotmail.co.uk

thanks again.

duff coil pack by the sound of it. very simple job to do, its only held in with 4 small bolts. Cost of a new coil pack should be around £25, have a look on eBay. most fords use the same coil pack.

Dont leave it, any unburnt fuel going down the exhaust will be destroying the catalytic converter!

duff coil pack by the sound of it. very simple job to do, its only held in with 4 small bolts. Cost of a new coil pack should be around £25, have a look on ebay. most fords use the same coil pack.

Dont leave it, any unburnt fuel going down the exhaust will be destroying the catalytic converter!

Spot on I'd say.

hey,

thanks for the prompt reply. both the mechanic in question and a friend of mine(who works in an mot centre) have tried a new coil pack and its still had the same results - spluttering and a degree of misfiring, although it wasn't as bad as when the problem first occured. They suggest that it may be either the ecu??? or the valve?

If its not the coil pack, leads or the plug. The only thing a can think of is that you've got some sort of sticky valve. Do you get your car serviced regularly?

Try changing the oil and use some engine flush and oil conditioner. Get some for the fuel as well. This should help get rid or carbon deposits that have built up over time and hopefully solve your problem :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club