Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Finding Something

james132

Im in the middle of fitting the st gauge pod with my scangaugeII iv come up with several ideas how to have the scangauge mounted so that you still have access to the buttons, and by far my favourite idea is to have the whole face one flat piece of perspex. This would obviously mean you cant access the controll buttons, therefore I planed to drill through where the buttons are and fit on top of those holes rubber buttons.

The ones im looking for are like the ones that were found in old mobile phones, rubber/silicone with a slightly harder back to them that would push through/reach the button behind the case.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBOX-360-CONTROLLER-CONDUCTIVE-RUBBER-PAD-JOYPAD-BUTTON-/250703289580?pt=UK_VG_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3a5f149cec

Iv searched eBay for many things, rubber button, silicone button, push button etc etc etc and cant find individual small round ones. I dont want to 'bodge job' it and cut ones out from various electrical items. I want them all the same size shape and colour. It needs to reach through either 1 or 1.5mm perspex sheet to still push the buttons on the face of the scangauge.

Anyone know where I can get some?

Any help much appreciated!

Would something like this work?

A bit of cutting to size but at least the single ones may be useful?

They look quite long too so should reach through the plastic you're proposing.

Black Rubber Gamepad Pad Stickers Button Set for iPad 2G

http://bit.ly/NuNq3M

I had a look at them, the circle ones are simular to the thing im after, the main part that I need to know about is the part that pretrudes at the back to push the buttons on the scangauge. Il see if they can send me a picture of the reverse.

why dont you mount the scangauge into the perspex window? i.e cut a letterbox shape out and have the scangauge flush with the perspex? saves a lot of hassle.

Thats the easy way yes. However the scangauge screen is set back about 3mm into the unit, so thaught it would look better if the front face of the pod was completley flush.

why dont you mount the scangauge into the perspex window? i.e cut a letterbox shape out and have the scangauge flush with the perspex? saves a lot of hassle.

+1 mate,

this guy has removed the stock front from the scan gauge and fitted it to the perspex directly,

this allows the butons to stick through enough so they can be used to control the unit.

and it looks good in carbon wrap too.

SAM_1511.jpg

im surprised no one has started to sell some 2mm sheets of perspex on eBay whith the holes precision cut out for the scan gauge.

this would be ideal because people could purchase the pre-cut sheet then cut the surrounding area out to suit the area they wanted to fit it in to.

check this out.

http://www.focusowne...1bd7352f5ee2a1f

and maybe spray the buttons black before fitting it in the perspex,

their a friendly bunch on focusownersclub.com too so im sure if you PM the guy regarding the fitting he may be able to help you and even have a second template for the fitting.

Perfect find, cheers lenny. You have to disassemble to scangauge slightly to allow the buttons to pass through the perspex. Il have a look at doing that.

Still waiting for my other pod to arive (hope tomorow!)

Perfect find, cheers lenny. You have to disassemble to scangauge slightly to allow the buttons to pass through the perspex. Il have a look at doing that.

Still waiting for my other pod to arive (hope tomorow!)

no prob mate,

hope it arrives tomorrow for you,

and better again found this thread mate,

the guy has painted the buttons black and everything:

http://www.rsownersclub.co.uk/rsocbb/showthread.php?p=2021112

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club